• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Can we all just agree the human gestation period takes like, a month in the Pokemon (anime) world and leave it at that?

At this point, I'm hoping Game Freak creates a stork Pokemon that delivers human babies just to end this endless debate. (Wait, is that even a thing in Japan? I ask only because it's a plot point in Yoshi's Island)

Abnormally short pregnancies are a weird thought though given that the human population in the Pokemon world doesn't seem especially large compared to our world. If anything, humans are severely rare in that universe while on our Earth we and associated livestock/pets make up something like 96% of terrestrial vertebrate biomass if I recall correctly.

Not sure about the storks and their association with babies in Japanese culture (I believe there might actually be a kami that did that instead but I'm going to have check later)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
(...Wait, is that even a thing in Japan? I ask only because it's a plot point in Yoshi's Island, not that I've played it.)

It's a thing, but it's not really the kind of cultural cornerstone it is in the west, being a modern import and all that.

(Play Yoshi's Island. It's good stuff)

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I find it funny that people can’t seem to accept that the anime either follows its own logic or classic cartoon logic in terms of passage of time ever since BW (ie the same way shows like Family Guy or The Simpsons do).

Heck yes I’m excited about Kukui & Burnet’s baby (& I’m hoping they’ll be named Rory in the dub as a reference to the Celebi episode), but it doesn’t bother me about how it raises questions like the passage of time, Ash’s age, etc.

RafaSceptile

Welp, apparently pregnancies in the Pokemon world last a week or something because there is absolutely no way that nine months had passed in-universe since Ash left the Alola region and started chilling with Goh, Chloe, and Cerise.

That baby is totes adorbs either way it would be really cute to see Ash and Goh interact with it directly at some point.

It is possible because we don't know how many time passed between SM146 and JN002.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Obviously, Pokemon's timeline and the way time passes are flexible. It'll change and warp and stagnate at any time, and apply to people differently. It's a kids' show, after all. Yadda yadda yadda.

But I don't see people bringing up the idea that Burnet wasn't pregnant, but preparing to lay an egg. Eggs hatch quickly, especially if you have a Pokemon with an ability like Flame Body.

Ryan McGlade

Someday soon between Incineroar & Lucario having a battle to testing their skill, stamina, speed & strength!
King vs. Aura!
lucario_vs_incineroar_by_hinoto91_dazqi9w-fullview.jpg

Last edited:

Red and Blue

In how to job even worse?

:rolleyes:

Also, let's be real. Kukui's the worst person you can get advice on battling using Lucario, and he's a damn professor.

Now if this was Incineroar? Oh yeah.
Well at least it put up a fight against Nagana......Oh wait it also jobbed to Guzzlord. Nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.