• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I expect the episode to go like this. First third is establishing the old characters and Pokemon, bringing Gou up to speed and meeting the old gang, second third is the Kiwae battle, and the last third is catching Alola Eggesecutor. If paced well enough it should be a well rounded of very packed episode

I mean, we're only 36 episodes in. I'm sure they'll go to every region a few more times by the end of this series.
There really should be a running tally of how many times regions and cities have been visited thus far tbh

D

Deleted member 384931

I expect the episode to go like this. First third is establishing the old characters and Pokemon, bringing Gou up to speed and meeting the old gang, second third is the Kiwae battle, and the last third is catching Alola Eggesecutor. If paced well enough it should be a well rounded of very packed episode
I am scared it wont.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Still hoping Kaki loses

Sword master zacian

There really should be a running tally of how many times regions and cities have been visited thus far tbh
Well I think episode will go like this
Before op goh's eggsecute evolves and then ash tells goh about Alolan exeguttor
And then both decide to go to alola
First half ash meets kukui and reunites with his old Pokemon while for catches alolan Pokemon and accidently falling into water and Lana helping him
Second half ash reunites with goh and old classmates and kukui takes a little class and kiawe challenging goh to battle
Third half goh battling and wining/losing and finally telling ash Alla is awesome place
Well this is my prediction for this ep

Soniman

Break the Limit
Well I think episode will go like this
Before op goh's eggsecute evolves and then ash tells goh about Alolan exeguttor
And then both decide to go to alola
First half ash meets kukui and reunites with his old Pokemon while for catches alolan Pokemon and accidently falling into water and Lana helping him
Second half ash reunites with goh and old classmates and kukui takes a little class and kiawe challenging goh to battle
Third half goh battling and wining/losing and finally telling ash Alla is awesome place
Well this is my prediction for this ep
"third half" sound like an oxymoron it's either one or the other lol

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay. I'm shocked that held back on going to Alola for so long, which turned it into this 'thing'. And then just leave again after one episode to go to Brock's city of all places when there's an actual location in Alola that would do the exact same thing and wasn't visited during Sun and Moon. It's like saying: Well, Alola was fun, but Kanto's where it's at and forever will be. Even if they don't mention Brock in the Fossil-episode.

And then they go to Johto to see Chuck over Hala.

It's actually mindblowing how much they're actively trying to avoid Alola. :p

LucasMV

Okay. I'm shocked that held back on going to Alola for so long, which turned it into this 'thing'. And then just leave again after one episode to go to Brock's city of all places when there's an actual location in Alola that would do the exact same thing and wasn't visited during Sun and Moon. It's like saying: Well, Alola was fun, but Kanto's where it's at and forever will be. Even if they don't mention Brock in the Fossil-episode.

And then they go to Johto to see Chuck over Hala.

It's actually mindblowing how much they're actively trying to avoid Alola. :p

Or you know, they're just going to Alola for one thing, Pewter for another and Johto for the next because it's supposed to be a world tour series?

I mean, I also hoped that Alola would get more episodes now, but I'm sure we don't need to overreact cause we'll get those episodes later, spread throughout the series.
If we don't, then I'll be the first one to complain lol.

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
They really missed the fantastic opportunity to make the Alola visit a 3-parter:
37: Reintroductions and Whatnot
38: Akala and Aerodactyl
39: Bea Battle (presumably after she just defeated Hala) + Potential Riolu Evolution

Instead we get more Kanto pandering and arguably the most forgettable Fighting-type user in the entire Pokemon series in Chuck (though some may give that title to Brawly). Don't get me wrong, I love that we are seeing Chuck again, but Hala would have been much better.

Kalos and Alola deserve better than what Journeys has done to them so far. Even Unova has been given the short end of the stick. It's just Kanto, Kanto, and OH LOOK, MORE KANTO! You want a different region? How about another helping of Kanto!

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Meh...I don’t mind one episode, PM doesn’t really do two-parters like that or multiple episode long adventures. Would have liked two episodes for Corni/Wataru/Kibana as well.

Though I do expect to see Alola again since it’s so small and Satoshi has so many friends friends there, plus the Mohn/Lillie stuff as well. I feel like Alola Squad will be recurring presences throughout PM.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
It'll be interesting to see if the OP is updated or not after this episode. A lot of people have speculated it'll update sporadically with the next set of returning characters (would be absolutely hilarious if they put Chuck in their for instance.) I think we'll see these characters at least once or twice more either way, but if they don't update it at all, I'd say them being a permanent fixture of the OP would definitely imply a more prolonged role in the series going forward.

Lacuna

Goodnight
It'll be interesting to see if the OP is updated or not after this episode. A lot of people have speculated it'll update sporadically with the next set of returning characters (would be absolutely hilarious if they put Chuck in their for instance.) I think we'll see these characters at least once or twice more either way, but if they don't update it at all, I'd say them being a permanent fixture of the OP would definitely imply a more prolonged role in the series going forward.
I hadn't heard of that speculation before, and honestly, I think that would be pretty great if it turns out true. Showing the Alola crew way in advance before this episode built up a ton of hype about it, at least from what I saw. I feel like people had a lot more time to get excited for it. So it would be a good idea for them to do that with whatever's next, too - gets more people talking about it!
Guess we'll wait and see either way.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Kanto: 21
Johto: 3
Hoenn: 4
Sinnoh: 2
Unova/Kalos/Alola: 1 each
Galar: 6
Without watching the series, that is actually eerily close to what I guessed we got.

This has successfully reminded me to continue to avoid this pathetic excuse of a show. This whole franchise is just turning more and more into a pathetic gravy train.

Status
Not open for further replies.