• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline becomes confusing since based on the baby's appearance, it's clearly about more than 3-month old. And then couple it with the 9-month pregnancy...

Over a year has a passed since Kukui and Burnett got married. At. Best. If she got pregnant shortly after Ash left, then Ash has been gone from Alola at least a year.

Wait, how could Journeys be somehow longer than the OS-SM series combined?
She might have been pregnant even before Manalo Conference start.

But the anime has never had any "defending winners" in any leagues at any point. Winning a league doesn't give you a "title" you need to "defend" next year to keep, they're all treated as standalone tournaments with standalone trophies as their rewards.
We don't know that yet. Unlike other league where the winners enter the Champions League and then becoming Regional Champion like Cynthia (she is shown defending her title 3 times), Alola do not have Champions League, so the writer can make Ash the Regional Champion and have him battling challenger in the future.

They don't even need to introduce Elite 4. They can make it like Galar league where the winner of the tournament face the defending champion. In this case, next tournament winner will challenge Ash.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I really really really wish these idiots would have saved this for the episode tho, it would have been so hype seeing it for the SM fans and they have already spoiled all the other major hype moments. Imagine seeing this in the episode unspoiled.

Bearys

Our new protagonist. This is his origin story.
I don’t think ash will get replaced. The worst case is that he becomes the mentor to the baby. And if he does get replaced, Goh will be the one to take his place. Besides, if they move or replace ash who’ll buy the pikachu plushies?

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Timeline becomes confusing since based on the baby's appearance, it's clearly about more than 3-month old. And then couple it with the 9-month pregnancy...

Over a year has a passed since Kukui and Burnett got married. At. Best. If she got pregnant shortly after Ash left, then Ash has been gone from Alola at least a year.

The power of a sliding timeline compels you! The power of a sliding timeline compels you!

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
This is like when Brock’s siblings went from a bunch of toddlers in their first appearance to pre teens by their last

...but they didn't, they had the same designs in all their appearances.

nuzamaki90

...but they didn't, they had the same designs in all their appearances.
I don’t know if it was the change in art style or what but Forrest and crew were definitely a little taller from their first appearance to the episode where Forrest battled Nurse Joy.

Forrest especially. Unless again it’s just the art style and I stand corrected.

U.N. Owen

I don’t know if it was the change in art style or what but Forrest and crew were definitely a little taller from their first appearance to the episode where Forrest battled Nurse Joy.

Forrest especially. Unless again it’s just the art style and I stand corrected.

They look pretty same-y to me.

Brock_siblings.png
Brock_and_siblings.png
MTtOUy2FoM.9l8i4U4a4wnkQou6D

U.N. Owen

Nooo. Now I feel embarrassed.

So is this really, out of 22 years of airing, the one single time a passage of time is evident based on a character?
There is the concept of a sliding timescale used in comic books which actively prevents people from aging. Seriously, a sliding timescale is utter nonsense in long term storytelling.

dman_dustin

Are Kukui and Burnet the first characters to successfully escape the ravenous Time Vortex that surrounds Ash at all times, dooming whoever comes into contact with him to an eternity of limbo wherein they may live forever in their present state and work towards their dreams but can never truly advance their lives?

No. Pregnancy in the anime just lasts a few hours of many days and nights.

RafaSceptile

What if she got pregnant during the Ula-Ula arc? It is still a possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.