• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: PM2019 037 - I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Sazae-san is actually rather amusingly similar to this, since Sazae herself never grew any older despite having a baby who DID age and is currently 3 years old.

Yeah, it's pretty interesting to consider. It's a simple way to "change character dynamics" without really "changing the status quo". This is why I don't really see the Kukui and Burnett child being a necessary sign of the passage of time.

dman_dustin

Ah yes the episode I'm looking forward to and NOT looking forward to at the same time, followed by an episode that shouldn't have existed except that they included Koharu so I can't dismiss it...thanks....and then the following episode that is going to disappoint me in some way then more Go episodes with maybe Koharu focus, then maybe the final 3 vs 3 against Bea the more Go/Koharu episodes then a single Ash episode, rinse and repeat.

What an enjoyable series. Would be nice to be stuck at episode 25 and Groundhog's day it till the end of time.

Sandy's still an Eevee, unfortunately for those hoping it evolved.

Not a surprise since they gave Eevee to Lana for no damn reason. Could've gone to anyone else. I guess they're afraid to give the team new updates. Too much work story for a single episode.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
well now we know why ash wont take his reserves from alola the baby is probably attached to them and vice versa
If that is REALLY the reason they allowed time to pass within Burnet's belly...

Oh, for god's sake. These writers will do ANYTHING to ground these reserves to Alola and indirectly make it look like they don't like to be around their trainer. Ash stealing Lillie's loft was just a death sentence.

Last edited:

Bearys

Ah yes the episode I'm looking forward to and NOT looking forward to at the same time, followed by an episode that shouldn't have existed except that they included Koharu so I can't dismiss it...thanks....and then the following episode that is going to disappoint me in some way then more Go episodes with maybe Koharu focus, then maybe the final 3 vs 3 against Bea the more Go/Koharu episodes then a single Ash episode, rinse and repeat.

What an enjoyable series. Would be nice to be stuck at episode 25 and Groundhog's day it till the end of time.

Not a surprise since they gave Eevee to Lana for no damn reason. Could've gone to anyone else. I guess they're afraid to give the team new updates. Too much work story for a single episode.
I know i’m gonna get a lot of hate for saying this. But why do people like Chloe so much? She literally has like no character development. I rather see an ash focused episode rather than chloe. In my head she’s kinda like a bland schoolgirl. It would be lovely if she caught aerodactyl though. I don’t want goh to get it cause screw goh.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Yeah, it's pretty interesting to consider. It's a simple way to "change character dynamics" without really "changing the status quo". This is why I don't really see the Kukui and Burnett child being a necessary sign of the passage of time.

It's hardly an anime thing anyway. Both the Simpsons and South Park (and definitely more shows as well) have characters that went from "haven't even met each other" to "have non-infant children" despite every other character staying the same age.

dman_dustin

I know i’m gonna get a lot of hate for saying this. But why do people like Chloe so much? She literally has like no character development. I rather see an ash focused episode rather than chloe. In my head she’s kinda like a bland schoolgirl. It would be lovely if she caught aerodactyl though. I don’t want goh to get it cause screw goh.

You mispelled Go because I am only unhappy about the Go focus, Koharu is just an unfortunate bystander since she barely shows up but at the same time its like would like more heavy Ash focused episodes and then Koharu shows up and I have to begrudgingly accept those episodez since Ash does get more focus than her so I have no valid criticism with Koharu.

So of course longing for an Ash episode they turned the one episode that could've at least been about Ash with information about this one, of course its yet another Go episode but then they're like "Let's throw Koharu in there so it can't be meaningless Go focus and she hasn't shown up in awhile.

Then to make matters even worse, no Drone Rotom so I could have at least had that, and the only Pokemon Ash will likely use is Pikachu with a nonexistent chance of Farfetch'd. So I was even more unhappy.

And yet I can't complain really because Koharu is in the episode and she's just going to get focus.

And the only thing Ash benefited from this "failed" (as in Ash failing) arc is seeing his Alola family.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
It's hardly an anime thing anyway. Both the Simpsons and South Park (and definitely more shows as well) have characters that went from "haven't even met each other" to "have non-infant children" despite every other character staying the same age.
I wouldn't consider that quite the same though, as both of those shows are outright comedies that have openly poked fun at how nonsensical their timelines are... Well, at least The Simpsons had Grandpa Simpsons's backstory progressively having him fight in the war at younger and younger ages. I can't actually recall a specific instance of South Park poking fun at its nonsensical continuity off the top of my head but I would be very surprised if it hasn't happened considering how much that show likes to dip into deliberate absurdity. While Pokémon is obviously far from the most serious and plot-driven show in the world, it is significantly more story-driven and... trying to be internally consistent (within each series at least) than either of those two.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
That's why I like some indulgences the old episodes took with the our dubs, like TR commenting to Dawn they are chasing pikachu before she even born.

In the big scene, continuity generally matters if you're an old fan, an sporadic viewer won't care that much.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I wonder if we'll see that weird CGI Kiawe when he uses IO (seriously, what was up with that? No other character goes CGI when they use a Z-move yet Kiawe does it with both IO and SS)

Status
Not open for further replies.