• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: SM90 - Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Radiant One!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
https://i.imgur.com/BiVT98R.jpg

The biggest trouble Alola has ever faced!!
A confrontation with Necrozma!!
Necrozma absorbs the "Ultra Aura" the legendary Pokémon possess! Danger approaches the legendary Pokémon protecting Alola!!

Necrozma: A mysterious lifeform that came from a parallel universe. Apparently it absorbs Ultra Aura and turns it into power for itself.
Blurb: It attacks by firing powerful beams!

Necrozma ends up absorbing the legendary Pokémon!!
Necrozma reacts to Solgaleo and Lunala's powerful Ultra Aura and attacks them!

Solar Eclipse Necrozma: It has absorbed Solgaleo! How will Satoshi and the others save it?!
Lunar Eclipse Necrozma: Lunala got released again after being absorbed.

Resolve this crisis by using everyone's power!!
The key to stopping Necrozma is using everyone's power! If everyone's Z-Power is gathered together, there may be a chance of victory?!
Blurb: Concentrate everyone's power!

Necrozma will appear September 6th and 13th! Don't miss the airing of these episodes!!!

-------

https://i.imgur.com/D6zAZyG.jpg

Satoshi and the other Ultra Guardians are finally about to solve the mystery of the legend of "The Radiant One", which dates back to the ancient past of the Alola region. However, they have no idea how to solve the crisis Alola is currently facing. But as they are worrying over this, Kapu-Kokeko takes a certain action. Satoshi and the others then start working on bringing peace back to the Alola region.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Episode Director 毛利和昭 (Kazuaki Mōri)
Animation Director 安田周平 (Shuhei Yasuda)
Animation Director 村田理 (Osamu Murata)

Last edited:

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
LMAO, so this is indeed the end of the Necrozma arc. Another potentially exciting arc concluded in breakneck blitz. I'm guessing this is where Poipole plays a huge rule (I mean it has to, as they've shown it has a link to Necrozma). Possibly evolving into Naganadel and then leaving for Ultra Megapolis when it gets its light back?

Seriously though, after this, there's only the Poni trials and league left. It's highly likely that events in Alola could conclude by the year end. I seriously hope they have something good for this anime to last till late 2019.

D

Deleted member 384931

Wow Already? It will be cool but quick tbh. Let me guess, two week break after this? So they will defeat it by using everyones Z-Power? And what does TR do?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Oh no, please not! Why another arc with so much loads of potential ending in such a rushed fashion?!?!?! :(:( I had so much of my hopes up for the Necrozma arc, in now...it's only ending in 4 episodes??? Seriously the arc had so much material, potential to last a long time and be deep and heavy in nature and well fleshed out. Now that it's only ending in 4 episodes, IDK how would they pace and flesh out all the aspects/plot materials of the Necrozma arc properly only in 4 episodes?

I am not completely giving up on my hopes on this Necrozma arc already since I still don't have much idea about how it'll play out and how things will go about, since we only know about the opening episode of the Necrozma arc (which was really good IMO), so I'd refrain for giving my final say on this arc until I see it fully, but with all the stuff ending only in 4 episodes, things definitely doesn't look good now. :(

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Well what a quick finish to the Necrozma arc. Maybe this will be the debut of Ultra Necrozma and it seems the combined power of the Z-Crystals will defeat Necrozma. Without a Z-Ring, I wonder how Lillie will ever get to use Subzero Slammer. And how Ash could use multiple Z-Moves at once.

D

Deleted member 384931

Well what a quick finish to the Necrozma arc. Maybe this will be the debut of Ultra Necrozma and it seems the combined power of the Z-Crystals will defeat Necrozma. Without a Z-Ring, I wonder how Lillie will ever get to use Subzero Slammer. And how Ash could use multiple Z-Moves at once.
Idk how. And what about TR. Sun and Moon rushes this arc idk why they have a lot of time left...?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Idk how. And what about TR. Sun and Moon rushes this arc idk why they have a lot of time left...?
I'm starting to think at this point that it's extremely likely that there will be a post League arc in this series, spanning about 40-50 episodes. Without that, SM can't really last another 40-50 episodes, it's pretty much impossible TBH. The way SM's pacing in going on at the moment, Ash's journey in Alola could be over in early 2019 or maybe at the end of this year too.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I doubt they'll do too much to Team Rocket though. But maybe they'll start a cliffhanger by having Giovanni call back his grunts and start their plans to form Rainbow Rocket and that we'll start having more Ultra Beasts arriving due to the scuffle between Nebby, Lunala and Necrozma.

D

Deleted member 384931

I'm not really surprised that this arc is small. Hopefully, the next three episodes for this arc will be at least as good as the latest one.
I hope, but I think it will be good. What will happen after this arc has ended? His last trial?

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm kinda highly expectant of Ash and his classmates arriving back at Alola safe and sound with a fully solved resolution. But maybe we'll hear Ash talking about his plans to go to Poni to do his last batch of trials.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I'm not really surprised that this arc is small. Hopefully, the next three episodes for this arc will be at least as good as the latest one.
Wonder why you aren't, because this arc clearly had a lot of plot material to make it well paced, deep and long. Poipole's backstory with Necrozma and it's connecxtion to this arc, Team Rocket's involvement in this arc and interest in Necrozma. Not to mention that the other 3 UB's remained to showcase could've been showcased here too. With this much plot material present to make this arc well-written, well-paced and deep, it TBH really surprising that the arc is being rushed and ending in only 4 episodes.

Darthlord7

The Smug Pikachu
I hope, but I think it will be good. What will happen after this arc has ended? His last trial?

Poni Trials, Alola League, Team Skull with Guzma and then there's also the new series that Iwane has announced for SM's final year. Of course some of those could still happen in the new series.

Wonder why you aren't, because this arc clearly had a lot of plot material to make it well paced, deep and long. Poipole backstory with Necrozma and it's connecxtion to this arc, Team Rocket's involvement in this arc and interest in Necrozma. Not to mention that the other 3 UB's remained to showcase could've been showcased here too. With this much plot material present to make this arc well-written, well-paced and deep, it TBH really surprising that the arc is being rushed and ending in only 4 episodes.

Not really. First of all, Team Rocket so far seems to just have a generic involvement trying to steal Necrozma. Nothing really interesting in this. Nothing also indicates that after this arc the other three UBs cannot appear just because we got Necrozma earlier than exepcted. The whole arc is pretty much this: Poipole wants to restore light in its home and Necrozma absorbs both Legendaries during this arc and then becomes Ultra Necrozma. There's really not all that much material to discuss barring Poipole for this arc.

D

Deleted member 384931

Poni Trials, Alola League, Team Skull with Guzma and then there's also the new series that Iwane has announced for SM's final year. Of course some of those could still happen in the new series.
Idk if I want that Guzma appears at this point tbh. A new series,sounds interesting!

dman_dustin

4 episodes are normal for an arc like this, seems fine, that's roughly the length of a movie (I think).

I'm more curious about why Necrozma is doing this, based on the information we know Necrozma was a pretty positive Pokemon, but suddenly its acting like a "Villain' Pokemon, I wonder if we'll get more information on this.

D

Deleted member 384931

4 episodes are normal for an arc like this, seems fine, that's roughly the length of a movie (I think).

I'm more curious about why Necrozma is doing this, based on the information we know Necrozma was a pretty positive Pokemon, but suddenly its acting like a "Villain' Pokemon, I wonder if we'll get more information on this.
I think we will get that in SM89

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Team Flare arc lasted 5 and a half episodes, partly XY&Z38, XY&Z39, XY&Z40, XY&Z41, XY&Z42 and XY&Z43. And that's the arc widely acknowledged as the most intense and overall best arc in the Pokemon anime.

D

Deleted member 384931

Team Flare arc lasted 5 and a half episodes, partly XY&Z38, XY&Z39, XY&Z40, XY&Z41, XY&Z42 and XY&Z43. And that's the arc widely acknowledged as the most intense and overall best arc in the Pokemon anime.
True. I also think this will be a good arc

Status
Not open for further replies.