• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 13th: SM90 - Connect to the Future! The Legend of the Radiant One!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
I'm predicting he will stay and some people will deem it bad writing for some reason.

The preview looks like Poipole is saying goodbye to Naganadel. We can actually continue his character development from that point since Poipole hasn't done a whole lot on his own yet. With closure to his home world, he will have every reason to not worry about it.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm predicting he will stay and some people will deem it bad writing for some reason.

It'll be bad writing if he goes. He hasn't exactly done much and this episode's not centered around him either

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
It'll be bad writing if he goes. He hasn't exactly done much and this episode's not centered around him either

Good riddance, then. Since...

poipole is...poipole is cute but that's all it does...be cute...

I'm not saying poipole didn't have development, but I wish it was kept like Nebby, a tag along pokemon, instead a party member. Ash didn't use it for any important battle, nor need it as an active member, it's basically filling a free slot.

Evolve now or after doesn't make difference, I doubt it's actually staying.

Red and Blue

It's lack of development and battles is all the more reason for it to stay. Then by the end of SM it can return to Ultra Space as a fully matured Nagandel.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Third trailer shows Gladion throwing a regular PokéBall. Interesting. Also, if the Tapunium Z does appear here, Hala will most likely use it as it's giving Z Energy while the UGs are in Ultra Space

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
what if naganadel dies offscreen some time after this arc (say, at the end of the series) and ash's poipole (now evolved) replaces him? It'd be a good enough compromise for him to not be oak'ed but stay with ash until the end (though it'd be a bit too similar to greninja's release, though a bit less contrived)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
If poipole isn't released in this episode, then its releae anytime in future would be considered as forced release. They have created a perfect setup for its release so if it not released here it just means that it wants to stay with ash so to release it at the end just means they dont want ash to go with a UB and hence forced just like goodra and greninja.

Master Pikachu 11

I highly doubt that Poipole will be Oaked.

Then it better just stay with it’s kind after the episode, no reason for it to decide to stay with Ash then all of a sudden at the end of the series decide to go back to its world. It would be better that if they the writers plan to release it then release it after the episode and have Ash capture two more Pokémon that will permanently stay and go to Oaks after the series is over. No More Kalos Scenarios of having him return to Kanto with just three new Pokémon and No more releases!

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I can obviously agree with Greninja's release being forced, but Goodra's, really? Goodra's backstory came full circle after the events in XY69-70, its fear of Fairy types were done with, its homeland feuds were solved and finally it found its home where it originally belonged to and got estranged from, due to the invasion of Florges and co.

And Goodra came back to Ash during the Kalos League solely to battle for Ash in the Kalos League, since Ash specifically requested Goodra for that matter, so its common sense that Goodra would return to its homeland after the Kalos League.

Goodra's release wasn't even forced in the slightest, it did make perfect sense considering Goodra's backstory. Greninja's release was ridiculous though.

Anyway, I don't really see Poipole deciding to stay after today's episode, because its backstory has clearly come a full circle here, a.k.a. the setup to its release is pretty much perfect, and thus Poipole not leaving in this episode would look pretty out-of place and weird.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.