• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 14th/21st - Kanto arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I disagree. They've been hyping Mega Evolutions a lot in the SM Anime. The characters are always excited when they mention it like Lana.

i can see Megas showcasing their powers here basically.

Ash: Pikachu, Gigavolt Havoc!

R.I.P. Mega Gyarados.

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

OMG!!! Brock and Misty return I'm so excited and hoping they interact with the SM gang.

Same here, Ash is all experience no training and the SM gang are all training no experience. They've shown him the wonders of their lives they should see the wonders of his life.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Hoooly ****? Did not expect this. I'm really excited to see Brock and Misty again, but I really hope they include at least some of Ash's older Pokemon. Even if it's just like, Bulbasaur and Charizard.

I would like them to include everyone not just two, we have good oppurtunity to see all of them for once, so I would like to put my favouritism aside and want to see all of them.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
I can't wait. I literally can't wait to see this. Brock has Mega Steelix? Wow.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Can't believe this is happening I am beyond excited!!!!! Misty and Brock are my favorites :) the old gang uniting is the best thing that could happen imo!! and with megas no less?

I LOOOVE That Brock and Misty have Megas of Gyrados and Steelix, and those are pokemon that Misty wanted from the beginning to prove shes a water master and Brock had Onix from the beginnning. Goes to show how far theyve come.
And wow it's like adream come true they didnt put stupid made up character #1 and stupid made up character #2 (sorrow and valinty or w.e).

I cannot wait to see their reactions about Alola Pokemon, and bonus pooints if Ash has a regional variant by then (Alolan Sandshrew) to show them!!!

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! Can't believe this is happening I am beyond excited!!!!! Misty and Brock are my favorites :) the old gang uniting is the best thing that could happen imo!! and with megas no less?

I LOOOVE That Brock and Misty have Megas of Gyrados and Steelix, and those are pokemon that Misty wanted from the beginning to prove shes a water master and Brock had Onix from the beginnning. Goes to show how far theyve come.
And wow it's like adream come true they didnt put stupid made up character #1 and stupid made up character #2 (sorrow and valinty or w.e).

I cannot wait to see their reactions about Alola Pokemon, and bonus pooints if Ash has a regional variant by then (Alolan Sandshrew) to show them!!!

When would that happen??? The Dhelmise or Charjabug episode? xD

Janovy

Banned
I love the fact they have Mega Pokemon.

They are the oldest companions, so them having access to powerful Mega Evolution seems fitting.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
I love the fact they have Mega Pokemon.

They are the oldest companions, so them having access to powerful Mega Evolution seems fitting.

I'm just thrilled that Megas are even back, and that too in a prominent role again. Being gen VII, they could've easily just given Misty and Brock Z moves, but I'm so much happier that they got Mega Evolutions instead since I find the latter a lot better than the former.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I AM SO EXCITED FOR THIS!!! Based on the pictures from the magazine scan, it looks like Ash is introducing Brock & Misty to someone, so it's more than likely that either the Alola Gang or at least Rotomdex will be coming back to Kanto with him. If it's the former, I'm at least 50% sure that Brock is going to fawn over Mallow :p

Right now, I'm hoping they'll feature more of Ash's older pokémon than just the ones from Kanto (which would now only consist of Bulbasaur, Charizard, Kingler, Muk, Tauros, and technically Snorlax) & that we'll be able to see them interact with Rowlet, Litten, & Lycanroc while they're there.

The only thing that bothers me though is why Brock & Misty are back in their original outfits, aside from nostalgia. At the very least, I thought that Misty would have either the clothes she wore from AG or the Luvdisc episode of Chronicles, while Brock would still be wearing his DP outfit

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

I'm happy that they're back, especially Brock. He was with us throughout Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, four regions. His leaving, at least to me, marked a shift in both the anime and games because now Ash doesn't have his older brother figure and Team Rocket was changed which they've mostly recovered from by now and the games suddenly allowed other people to help in the final battle.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
Well, colored me surprised. I'm honestly not sure how much they're going to try and squeeze into these episodes. But if anyone from Alola is tagging along I am very curious if the anime plans to address Alola's much different take on Mega Evolution compared to Hoenn and Kalos (at least, according to Dex entries). I'd love to see that, but I'm not too hopeful it'll get addressed. Still, seeing Megas in the SM anime is nice, because it feels like the powers that be are trying to sweep Megas under the rug.

Remix2

Wow I'm pretty excited for this, I don't care if it just two episode just seening the old kanto companion again give me that nostalgia feel that was missing for awhile.

Maxim

Beyond repair
Oh, finally something interesting is happening in the SM anime.

I wonder if Brock and Misty's appearance in the anime could hint at them appearing in USUM, with these Megas (of course, as their game incarnations). Or is it just an anime-only one-time affair?

By the way, I also wonder if the battles between Ash and Misty & Brock will be 1-on-1, or whether their other Pokemon will be shown too. I'm personally hoping for at least 3-on-3 battles. I'd love to see Misty with a Togekiss. So what that she released her Togetic back in Hoenn? It's SM, anything can happen.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
It looks so much like a fake scan. Misty and Brock back with megas? Its like the writers hired fans to write these episodes!
Really interesting that's official though! Nobody could expect that!

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
The only member of Ash's team that I think would go against MSteelix is Lycanroc, unless he uses Pikachu for both megas. I think this is just going to be a 1v1 battle against both friends. MSteelix just seems like it would be too much of a challenge for Rowlett or Litten.

DatsRight

I notice an Exeggutor comparison, is someone travelling there gonna get either of them?

This will be refreshing if it's real, we haven't had this far back a reference to the anime's continuity since DA!

I do wonder how SM Ash would bounce off of the two though. He's neither a rookie or a smart*** like before, more a sneakily competent kook.

I take it TR probably won't follow Ash to Kanto for a full reunion (unless they REALLY stretch the Bewear gag). XD

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
If these are "Special" episodes like Serebii said, what are the chances they show them in the US.

they didnt show the Cilan meeting Brock episode, for example.

Holy157

Better hope for the Gen 8 anime to be **** too, if you want more characters to return. Clearly this is an attempt to salvage a terrible series and a terrible 20th Anniversary Movie by throwing some obscenely out of nowhere fanservice at us. The only times old characters will return is to fix the **** ups the Anime manages to pull.

XanderCage

Loose Cannon Cop
Another thought. Since we're all still anticipating a Mallow capture; what if she captures the Kanto Exeggutor?

Status
Not open for further replies.