• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 14th/21st - Kanto arc

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Well this is certainly a surprise. Yippee, more glorification of the Arceus-darned Kanto region. Seriously, why can't the region disappear into obscurity for a while?!

I wonder if this affects the odds of Serena getting a return. How are Amourshippers responding to this?

To be honest, this enhances the chances of a Serena return because this proves that continuity is a thing in SM.

Last edited:

Satoshi no masara

Professional couch potato
Well this is certainly a surprise. Yippee, more glorification of the Arceus-darned Kanto region. Seriously, why can't the region disappear into obscurity for a while?!

I wonder if this affects the odds of Serena getting a return. How are Amourshippers responding to this?

I do hope that this gives way for a Serena cameo. not just her, I hope we see the others as well. May (in her ORAS outfit hopefully), Dawn, who has more chance of appearing with the hints of Gen 4 remake, Cilan, Iris and Clemont & Bonnie.

I'm aware that the only reason we're seeing Brock and Misty again was because of Ash coming back to his hometown (for a short while) but I still hope this gives the writers a way to make the others return as well, even just for a while, especially Serena.

Mike999246

On one hand, it's pretty random that Misty and Brock finally reappear and avoided completely showing up in the movie, the fact we're randomly back to another region (which has never been done before), we're randomly showing Mega Evolutions (Misty, yours gave Ash issues not too long ago), and Brock has a Steelix...which isn't a Rock-type anymore.

On the other...at least it's something and we're not stuck in Melemele.

Im pretty sure that hes had a Steelix for a while; just not a mega one (until now). Theyre probably showing the megas to remind us that they exist (I feel like they may reappear later in the series e.g. Guzma having a Mega Beedrill). Would be v. Interesting if its revealed that Lusamine gave them the Key Stone and Gyaradosite/Steelixite)

Red and Blue

Given that Lillie goes to Kanto at the end of the games I wonder if they will foreshadow that in the special? Maybe Bill will appear here and meet Lillie.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Those are only 2 evolutions I don't want to see, Psyduck and Croagunk are comic relief and that's what they're good as, changing them into their stronger forms just wouldn't be the same. A clueless Golduck just doesn't have the same charm as Psyduck, nor would Toxicroak jabbing Brock

Psyduck was a comic relief, he is not anymore part of main cast. He should evolve regardless of his charm or not beause psyduck remaining the same goofy and incompetent in entire OS was one of misty's biggest failures as a character and a trainer. She wanted to become a water master and could not even control and master one pokemon. The same was the case of her politoed. It has its own mind but at least it was a little competent.

Anyways this arc could throw a possible future for more companions cameo albiet for one or two episodes, which is always welcome.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy

Well Amourshipper here, and I absolutely have no problem with this. We've not seen these two beloved characters for ages now, and it's great to finally see them. As for Kanto again, well I think that's a more valid complaint towards the games, cause we haven't seen much of it in the anime. I for one am extremely excited at the prospect of seeing Ash's older Pokémon again since this seems to be taking place in Pallet Town.

And the fact that the writers have proved that continuity still exists in the anime, I'm confident it's only a matter of time before Serena returns.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Someone's more than likely coming back to Kanto with Ash since one of the screenshots looks like he's introducing Brock and Misty. If it's not the Alola Gang, I'm guessing it'll probably just be Rotom Dex & his pokémon

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Looking at it more, Brock looks so much like Kiawe with the hairstyle, Brock's hair spiked out a bit more, now its all straight up spikey, just like Kiawe. I do wish Brock was at least in his DP clothes, that was his best outfit, or even better, wearing a lab coat, to show he's a doctor now.

You know the biggest troll moment in pokemon history, what if this is a kiawe who has crossdressed as brock and lana has dressed up as misty and is using a ponytail. Can you imagine the salt and the negative reaction.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
You know the biggest troll moment in pokemon history, what if this is a kiawe who has crossdressed as brock and lana has dressed up as misty and is using a ponytail. Can you imagine the salt and the negative reaction.

Then where did the Mega Gyarados and Mega Steelix come form? And the summary clearly mentions Misty and Brock.

phanpycross

God-king
Then where did the Mega Gyarados and Mega Steelix come form? And the summary clearly mentions Misty and Brock.

no fun allowed.

Someone's more than likely coming back to Kanto with Ash since one of the screenshots looks like he's introducing Brock and Misty. If it's not the Alola Gang, I'm guessing it'll probably just be Rotom Dex & his pokémon

I would honestly prefer it just being Rotom-dex and maybe Kukui, but given "He's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School!" I would be surprised if he was the only student.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools

Yeah I know it was just a troll comment and I was in mood of trolling. I was just pulling the legs. Anyways, hoping that this arc sets a precedent of more future cameos from other characters.

Janovy

Banned
GUYS you know what this means?

Extracurricural classes in other regions as well for more cameos.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

This would be a nice way to bring back much needed continuity in the anime.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

We can go back to Hoenn!!!

Oh wait, Wallace Cup is in Sinnoh this year and Rayquaza went to Kalos because it could. No Pokegirls for us. But hey, at least Sawyer is good right? Right?

fubufubu

Think we'll get a good old-fashioned Ash/Misty argument for old time's sake? (been a while since we've had a pokegirl without a stereotypical girly personality)

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
no fun allowed.

I would honestly prefer it just being Rotom-dex and maybe Kukui, but given "He's come to the Kanto region as part of an extracurricular class at the Pokémon School!" I would be surprised if he was the only student.

Well he is going on the school's trip so he must be going with other students too or you want ash to go alone on an expeditition because "He is the choosen one". I am also interested in knowing who is going to fund the journey from alola to kanto. It must not be that cheap for sure.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Im pretty sure that hes had a Steelix for a while; just not a mega one (until now). Theyre probably showing the megas to remind us that they exist (I feel like they may reappear later in the series e.g. Guzma having a Mega Beedrill). Would be v. Interesting if its revealed that Lusamine gave them the Key Stone and Gyaradosite/Steelixite)
Now, now. Let's not say really, really wild speculation. This would be stupidly convenient.
It would make more sense if Prof. Oak found the mega stones through some sort of McGuffin & then gave them to Brock and Misty respectively

Think we'll get a good old-fashioned Ash/Misty argument for old time's sake? (been a while since we've had a pokegirl without a stereotypical girly personality)
Given Ash & Misty's interactions in AG, I can only see them arguing if they pull something like Ash accidentally destroying her bike again

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.