• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Guzzlord appears and is stopped by Ash and his friends.
Professor Kukui is grateful to ash for his help by saving the awards ceremony and they have an unofficial battle ?

Is this possible ?
It is. But I doubt it would be a 6v6 if that was the case

Revolver Furious Dragon

Oh I see. Who do you think will win? I am kind of unsure as both Gladion and Ash seem to have an equal chance of winning. Unless Zoroark and pikachu are used at the end of the match again, then I can be at least sure of the outcome

Ash for the same reason I described earlier. I can't see them devoting a full battle to gladion Vs kukui.

dman_dustin

So Ash’s Lycanroc isn’t going to use it’s signature Z-Move, that is really underwhelming. We won’t even get to see it against Kukui because Torracat will most likely use Inferno Overdrive against Incineroar.

Let's not make assumptions here, unless its absolutely confirmed. Animation errors are a thing, so the color or Z-crystal that is shown on Ash's Z Power Ring is irrelevant for two reasons:

1. If Pikachu doesn't use a Z-move it falls upon Lycanroc.
2. If it falls upon Lycanroc to use a Z-move it WILL be Lycanroc's signature Z-move. I supposed they could use Rockium-Z but who knows. And also because Ash's Lycanroc doesn't possess a Steel Type Move, nor electric type move, nor a fire type move, nor grass type, etc, etc (for the ones I missed).

But we'll have to wait and see if Pikachu uses a Z-move or not.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
It is quite ironic Ash would win in a region he doesn't train and fight as much like other onces
He trains a lot though. He literally skipped Gladio v. Kojirou to teach Mukuroh Feather Dance? He was training Nyaheat for the Guzma fight? He was constantly shown sparring at Professor Kukui’s house or on the beach, he was literally instructing Lillie on her Z-Move at her mansion before the league.

DatsRight

He trains a lot though. He literally skipped Gladio v. Kojirou to teach Mukuroh Feather Dance? He was training Nyaheat for the Guzma fight? He was constantly shown sparring at Professor Kukui’s house or on the beach, he was literally instructing Lillie on her Z-Move at her mansion before the league.

While actual battling has been underplayed this series, I appreciate the league played out its hierarchy according to how much contestants have trained and worked to have a chance. Characters who just got by on plot armour and villain curb stomps were quickly eliminated, while guys like Ash, Kiawe and Gladion, who we have seen actively trying to make a powerful team and work out their bugs, made it the top 4. Ones like Lana and Sophocles who attempted a 'crash course' of sorts and did prepare at least did get off to a good start but were ultimately at a power disadvantage.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Heck some of his Pokemon train themselves when Ash isn’t around. Objectively Ash & Pokemon trained a lot in SM!

The only series where you can say that he barely trained was in BW but mainly because of his 5+ team and how they rushed through stuff.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Heck some of his Pokemon train themselves when Ash isn’t around. Objectively Ash & Pokemon trained a lot in SM!

The only series where you can say that he barely trained was in BW but mainly because of his 5+ team and how they rushed through stuff.

He use to train a lot in BW, those practice battles with iris was one example, not to mention giving different pokemon a go in battle tournaments was his way to give his team more experience. The series that ash didn't train at all or did next to nothing training was in OS. I thought he trained only once or twice throughout whole of OS.

I think most people's criticism is coming due to reason that ash hasn't shown obsessiveness in completing grand trial like he used to show in getting gym badges for previous regions.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
I think most people's criticism is coming due to reason that ash hasn't shown obsessiveness in completing grand trial like he used to show in getting gym badges for previous regions.
Which makes little sense since Alola’s location is stationary and he doesn’t have to rush through those trials for any reason. He can challenge and learn about them on his own terms when he’s good and ready and can help his friends along the way (hence almost no “COTD has a problem filler #432”.) I just chalk it up to some not caring for Sun&Moon’s formula in that regard but I vastly prefer this over pointless forest treks any day. There’s no reason to be spending 40+ episodes on generic retread episodes when you have a ton of content and characters you could be using it on. Plus there were only four grand trials and they still had to create/use some to facilitate other characters’ development.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Which makes little sense since Alola’s location is stationary and he doesn’t have to rush through those trials for any reason. He can challenge and learn about them on his own terms when he’s good and ready and can help his friends along the way (hence almost no “COTD has a problem filler #432”.) I just chalk it up to some not caring for Sun&Moon’s formula in that regard but I vastly prefer this over pointless forest treks any day. There’s no reason to be spending 40+ episodes on generic retread episodes when you have a ton of content and characters you could be using it on. Plus there were only four grand trials and they still had to create/use some to facilitate other characters’ development.
Except Alola could have easily been expanded to be made with bigger islands, even adding more islands in-between, removing the crappy school life shackles, etc. You know, like how the previous regions shoehorn a lot of new places to stall for time getting from one major city to the next.

It's just that completely destroying Lusamine's character was what ended up changing everything, since her plot is the backbone of the games. Because of her being made into an embarrassing parent who never had Cosmog before but still endured losing Mohn, Team Skull is much more pathetic than before, Lillie doesn't have to run to hide and thus not leading Ash around trying to learn more about Nebby in every island, Gladion doesn't have to pretend working for Team Skull to keep her safe but instead is just a drifter who isn't running away from her mom for taking chimera Arceus with him, Trial Captains don't exist because they needed to be gone just to migrate everyone (except Kiawe just because Melemele doesn't have a volcano) to Melemele's school where we don't even know if there is another teacher besides Kukui, Kukui not even having a single starter to hand out (seriously, he's the only regional professor who doesn't give starters) possibly stopped Ash from meeting Hau much earlier instead of screwing the poor kid with little spotlight, Hapu never travels to other islands to aid Lillie which only ended up making Hapu into a brat with tsundere streaks who yearned for friends...

And Ash stole Lillie's pad and Nebby from her.

Which all led to Ash twerking to train Rockruff/Sunny D-roc...and it worked.

TL: DR: Lusamine not going crazy after losing Mohn screwed Ash from taking things seriously and screwed everyone else...which is disturbingly ironic since things were right when she was crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.