• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dman_dustin

I wonder what pokemon will deliver the finishing move if ash does win I want it to be pikachu as I think it would be really symbolic kinda like he started his journey with him and in that moment he would end it

I disagree only because Pikachu has literally NO connection to Gladion unlike other Pokemon. I would definitely agree if it was Guzma, but not Gladion.

Pikachu should not finish just for the sake of finishing a match, it should make sense, and Trainer vs Trainer, Rivalry vs Rivalry, Pikachu doesn't make sense to finish the battle against Gladion.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I disagree only because Pikachu has literally NO connection to Gladion unlike other Pokemon. I would definitely agree if it was Guzma, but not Gladion.

Pikachu should not finish just for the sake of finishing a match, it should make sense, and Trainer vs Trainer, Rivalry vs Rivalry, Pikachu doesn't make sense to finish the battle against Gladion.
He kinda had something going on with Silvally, but he's already down, so oh well

Eternalfalcon

Unova champion
I am actually missing the internet meltdown of the Kalos league result.People being in denial and accusing Alain cheating in the league is so hilarious.Shame that it won't happen again this time.
I wasn't really in touch with the community at that point so I can only imagine but I'm sure we will have another anime crisis if he loses again

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I am actually missing the internet meltdown of the Kalos league result.People being in denial and accusing Alain cheating in the league is so hilarious.Shame that it won't happen again this time.

It could still happen, they can blame gladion for using zoroark even though it is not his pokemon and he hasn't trained it.

DatsRight

It could still happen, they can blame gladion for using zoroark even though it is not his pokemon and he hasn't trained it.

Truthfully, even as someone who thinks Ash did work hard in SM, I think there'd barely be any argument for him concerning 'hand outs'. He got a Z Ring handed to him by the Tapus themselves from the very start of the series.

And if Shaymin qualifying is legal so is Zoroark.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Truthfully, even as someone who thinks Ash did work hard in SM, I think there'd barely be any argument for him concerning 'hand outs'. He got a Z Ring handed to him by the Tapus themselves from the very start of the series.

And if Shaymin qualifying is legal so is Zoroark.
The Z-Ring may have been a gift, but he didn't have a good Z-Crystal until he proved himself against Hala.

TheWanderingMist

Remember how Oha Suta casually spoiled that Guzma lost against Satoshi two weeks ago?

Today they just casually spoiled that Satoshi wins the league.
Everything is pointing toward that anyway. Maybe we should just delete these posts to keep the mystery.

ShadowForce720

Do you really think this isn't going to be all over the Internet in 5 minutes? Oha Suta is not some obscure show barely anyone knows about.

Just out of curiosity did they actually show it and that's how they spoiled it, or is it more of a case of them just saying or like announcing the results of the contest? I'm just curious as to how they spoiled it, like for instance if we got some footage from pokemon sun and moon episode 139.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Just out of curiosity did they actually show it and that's how they spoiled it, or is it more of a case of them just saying or like announcing the results of the contest? I'm just curious as to how they spoiled it, like for instance if we got some footage from pokemon sun and moon episode 139.

Yes, they showed clips from the episode, and one of the scenes had Satoshi holding his trophy.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh. Ash wins.

Yay, I guess.

giphy.gif

...Don't look at me like that. I would have been muuuuuuuuch more excited during Johto or Sinnoh when his progression actually had entertainment and accomplishment value.
Sinnoh I get but I was fine with his Johto loss. =p

Regardless, it’s nice that Ash’s final Pokemon he faced is a Gen VII Pokemon. Kalos got close but it was still a non-Gen VI one.

TheWanderingMist

Do you really think this isn't going to be all over the Internet in 5 minutes? Oha Suta is not some obscure show barely anyone knows about.
Yeah, I don't really know what I was thinking. Oha Suta didn't register in my mind.

@AuraChannelerChris
At least Ash felt human in this region, like he did back in Johto.

DatsRight

I'm still suspicious, outright spoiling the ending to the league by showing a clip seems like a REALLY dumb oversight to make. Might still be an out of context clip like a daydream or something.

The Z-Ring may have been a gift, but he didn't have a good Z-Crystal until he proved himself against Hala.

Still he got a hand out in some form, just he proved he can use it effectively, just like Gladion got Zoroark but proved he can battle with it competently.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I'm still suspicious, outright spoiling the ending to the league by showing a clip seems like a REALLY dumb oversight to make. Might still be an out of context clip like a daydream or something.
So Ash will just daydream him winning in the middle of a battle at the sky only for Gladion to take advantage and take out Dusk Lycanroc without him realizing. I see!

Status
Not open for further replies.