1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Torracat far from hates Incineroar, its rivalry is provoked by respect for its power. It wouldn't stick up for Incineroar against the Revengers if not.

Characterisation wise that can go either way, since Torracat wants to grow stronger, but may still want to prove he can win under his own terms, not just being a copy, much like Pikachu who doesn't hate all Raichus but dislikes the idea that evolving into one is the only way he can reach his potential.

Well...erm...ignoring that debatable ethnic comparison, I agree. Alola made the wise decision to not hype itself and rely too much on the excitement of Ash reaching the height of his goal to keep investment. Stuff like Ash and several other main characters getting Z Rings, mythicals and what not is strangely understated in favour of character focus, while earlier series seemed to treat them as a taboo, something that would deem them too prestigious and powerful if they got them.

This could in a sense cheapen if he won the league, but maybe that's the whole point, to show it's not the end all point in his run and there's still more lasting appeal to Ash to continue after he passes this one obstacle.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Ignition and Bortgreen like this.
  2. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

I’ll give them this, the aloha league will be remembered as one of the more memorable ones, but not in the way they want it to be.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    Leonhart, DuquÊ? and CMButch like this.
  3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

A very minor note all things considered, but I like Charizard is within the main group in this one, showing its being treated more like a character.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. Dragalge

Dragalge Countey

I like that this Charizard at least has not overshadowed Kiawe’s other Pokemon like in BW (nor feel shoved down in general like Alain’s). A bit more screentime sure but a good Charizard nonetheless!

Actually I have just liked how all the cast’s Pokemon are watching each battle haha!

5. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

What do you mean it’s just sitting there

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  6. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

7. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Pocket Monsters looks great!

We discussed about the worth of the league, Ash's reaction...
    But I now want to ask... What is the music it's going to play when Ash finally wins his first league, counting or not?

8. Well the mostly used XY SM or M20 tracks during the league

9. Ambyssin

Ambyssin Winter can't come soon enough

I feel like they could end up using an image song or something for the decisive moment... but that's just me.

10. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

Hard to believe not once during this whole tournament that a Z-move was used to actually clinch a battle. Sure, there were Z-moves used to counter other Z-moves and Kaiwi was the smartest guy in the room saving his for Silvally only to watch an accurately thrown disc ruin his desire to fight Ash himself.

That's like a stark difference to getting up to the League where the last Z-move to be used was the big attack to decide a battle.

Trey pokes and TheWanderingMist like this.
  11. TheWanderingMist

There's only one answer...Takeshi's Paradise!

12. situationuk

situationuk Member

It has to be "Mezase Pokémon Master". There's no better option I think, despite it was already used in the Guzma battle.

But "Kimi No Bouken" or "Mirai Connection" would be awesome too.

13. Bortgreen

Bortgreen Pocket Monsters looks great!

Type: Wild is an obvious possibility too...

14. TheWanderingMist

As for possible ending flashbacks, "Alola!" is an obvious choice since the word it's based on can mean "hello" or "goodbye".

satopi, Pokegirl Fan~ and KenzeyEevee like this.
  15. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

I don't see this as terribly likely as the show has yet to use any music from M21... But I feel like having that movie's rendition of the Pokémon main theme kick in just as the winner is declared could be neat?

And since the possibility of a final flashback montage a la the end of XY&Z was brought up right above, I'll just say that I've been wanting them to end the show like that for a while... but I think the song that should play during it should 100% be Kimi no Bouken. Alola is great and all, but it's way too much of a "An exciting journey is beginning!" type song, whereas Kimi no Bouken is more "Look how far we've come!", which seems more appropriate for an ending to me.

situationuk likes this.
  16. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

In the dub they need to play the original theme song

17. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Ash is like Leonardo DiCaprio: both should've won Oscars and league respectively long time ago instead both won them recently( Leo with Revenant in like 2016 and Ash in 2019) . Both continue/will continue their dreams until very end!

18. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

Hmm maybe the rby ending credits theme will be used at some point. It's like one of the only original tracks thats been used throughout the entire anime

Mew2, satopi, PorcelainVulpix and 3 others like this.
  19. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Definitely think that new Mezase remix was made with the finals in mind first and foremost, it'd be kinda weird to make it solely for a moment in the middle of the Guzma battle.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.