1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Mezase is clearly the only right answer; would feel a bit odd to have anything else.

Having it play during the final moments of the battle would be hype, despite us already knowing the outcome.

2. IkeBayern

IkeBayern Well-Known Member

Mezase Pokémon Master is literally the only option here imo, this song is Ash’s own theme and describes his journey up to this point, it would feel a bit weird to not play this song in such an amazing moment..

They could play the XYZ theme because it’s such a quality song but that is more fitting for Greninja rather than Ash himself..

situationuk and TheWanderingMist like this.
  3. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Ash vs Guzma did use a brief remix of Mezase when Pikachu came in. Plus the track itself got reused many times in SM, even being the opening for a while. It would seem odd if they didn't use it in this ideal moment.

4. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

But people keep telling me that it doesn't confirm ash is going to galar

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  5. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Because it doesn't. A calendar is proof of nothing.

I personally believe ash is going to galar to do gyms. But Pikachus presence on merchandise means nothing

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  6. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

but some calendars have marketed such as turtwig evolving and poipole leaving they sometimes prove something

7. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

But not here. Pikachu is the mascot of the franchise. Imagine if the anime ended after alola, I know it's not but imagine if it did, Pikachu would still appear on any Pokémon merchandise going forward because it's the mascot and it's popular.

Like I said I think ash is going to alola but stuff like the calendar means nothing except the Pokémon on it are marketable and will draw the attention of shoppers

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  8. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

That's 100% Ash's Pikachu on the calendar though. Even standing still it just has the default style of Ash's Pikachu that other Pikachu lack.

CMButch likes this.
  9. saki888

saki888 Well-Known Member

What about the original Pokemon theme song for him winning , lol I don't know to be honest

Emelie, Trey pokes and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. Beat!

Beat! The Chords of Steel

Please, if Ash really wins, please: a quick cameo of each of his traveling partners and Pokemon at Oak's Laboratory watching him win.

11. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Who?

Dragon, wrong. In almost all calendars Pikachu is in front which is obviously Ash's Pikachu( whose else would it be), which means Ash will be in Galar. Why would Pikachu be on calendar and on that matter on front anyway? It's a mascot? Yeah, that's why Pikachu and Ash will be going to Galar.

12. Litleonid

Litleonid Well-Known Member

At least show Brock and Misty watching him win. They've had them make 4 appearances in this series, and the younger audience has been introduced to them and know they traveled with Ash before. I see no reason why they can't at least show them.

Emelie, TheWanderingMist and CMButch like this.
  13. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

The original theme it had played multiple times throughout the different series so it makes sense it is played here grnated he wins here.

14. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

tell that to
    ShadowForce720

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  15. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

Mezase Pokémon Master and NOT the revamped version of Type: Wild. Can we at least agree on that? It would’ve been more fitting and fine if it was the original version but I don’t think Shokotan should be singing, her version is inappropriate.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
    KenzeyEevee likes this.
  16. SH65

SH65 Victory Over All!

Well XYZ could work.

CMButch likes this.
  17. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I hope in the dub the first theme starts playing lol. That would be such a trip.

satopi, TheWanderingMist and CMButch like this.
  18. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I'm glad that Satoshi winning is at least a guarantee now. I was cynical about his odds of winning before since I expected us to be trolled once again, but I'm glad that the preview showed him holding the winner's trophy since that practically settles the matter.

19. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

I really want to see all of Ash’s past dream crushers say “Finally” in unison

His past Pokèmon and companions should also have cameos

20. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

XYZ is more of action savvy theme, it is moe suited for action packed scenario like in guzzlord episode. Mezase is ash's original theme from the start, it playing makes more sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.