• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Mohn is actually Jigglypuff, when someone listens to his song, he'll finally be able to turn back into a human.

Ash's Lycanroc has a complicated relationship with Gladion's, much more than Silvally.

Midnight was the first Rockruff evolution Ash's Rockruff ever saw, which inspired it to want to work toward that evolution. Midnight also helped Rockruff out when it was struggling to get stronger and was present at its evolution, having run away from Gladion at the time.

It's sort-of-reminiscent of Paul's Torterra and Ash's Grotle.

But unlike the two Torterras, we are actually going to receive some sort of narrative payoff.

RedR

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
Actual Plot twist: No music when Ash wins!!

Revolver Furious Dragon

There should be no music when ash wins.

There should be complete silence as gladions lycanroc lies there defeated and ash tries to contemplate what happened.

Then slowly a cheer begins to sound. Getting louder and louder until the entire crowed is cheering for ash's victory

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
News articles about this episode:
https://www.animatetimes.com/news/details.php?id=1568431363
https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2144501/full/

Rika Matsumoto also gives a comment about the episode. It also talks about Ash not winning after 22 years.

Anyone wanna translate these? :)

edit: added additional article

Might as well:

Animate Times said:
We have received a comment from Rica Matsumoto, the voice of Satoshi, on Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon"'s September 15th episode "He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!" The first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League will finally be born?!

A preview of "He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!", the episode of the TV Tokyo Network's currently airing TV anime "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon" that will air September 15th 2019 at 6pm, has been revealed.

The finals of the Alola Pokémon League is between Satoshi and Gladio. Will the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League finally, finally be born after all these fierce battles?! And will Satoshi win a Pokémon League after 22 years?! Stay tuned.

This time we've also received a comment from Rica Matsumoto, the voice of Satoshi! We'll be presenting that as well.

"He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!"

The finals of the Alola Pokémon League ended up being between Satoshi and Gladio! Satoshi immediately went all out, using Melmetal, who had evolved after assimilating the mythical Pokémon Meltan, as his first Pokémon, but it got defeated by Gladio's tactical play.

Satoshi next won an impressive victory against Silvady utilizing a strategy that made use of both Pikachu's speed and the battlefield, and the Lugarugan Gladio chose as his second Pokémon turned out to be a Zoroark disguised thanks to "Illusion".

Gladio goes all out, fully powered, against Satoshi, having full trust in the power of Zoroark, which used to be the Partner Pokémon of his now missing father Mohn. And Satoshi goes all out, fully powered, against Gladio, his greatest rival, whom he has challenged to a battle many times so far yet never managed to win against. The first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League will finally be born!

Satoshi has challenged numerous Pokémon Leagues so far, but he's yet to win a single one. Please pay extra attention to tomorrow's episode and find out if he'll win a Pokémon League after 22 years!

A comment from Rica Matsumoto, the voice of Satoshi

"Satoshi has battled Gladio, his opponent in the finals, many times so far, but he's yet to win a single time against him. I believe it's "fate" that the battle his position as the first ever champion of the Alola Pokémon League rests on is against Gladio, who he swore to win against the next time the two fought.

I gave it all I had when I recorded this episode, putting every bit of "desire" I've had up to this point into my delivery so that Satoshi, who's battling fully powered, believing in his Partner Pokémon and receiving the energy of his classmates, won't lose. I believe this will be an exciting and thrilling battle well worthy of being the finals, so I'd really like you to watch it!"

(The other article just recaps this one)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
Let's be honest, they'll probably play Type: Wild! in the final moment.

I've always considered that to be Satoshi's theme song to an extent, so I'd love for that to be the insert song around the time that Satoshi wins even if it was done before during the last Shinji battle.

RedR

Thx for the translation!

Also, in terms of the trophy ash has being the 2nd place one, remember that guzma's unofficial girlfriend was sorting through a pile of guzma's leftover trophies. they were all second place and silver trophies. some of them even looked like the badge ash got for participating in the indego league. the trophy ash is holding from the preview looks nothing like those.

check out guzma's second place trophies here for references of their designs: https://serebii.net/anime/pictures/sunmoon/1079ps4.shtml

Last edited:

Ultra Beast Lover

Ok let's all calm down. Remember, this has all happened before just a little while ago. If he loses don't be surprised, if Ash wins...I'll try my best to muffle my screams of delight. Just don't get too excited, don't get too excited...my attempts to calm myself aren't working.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Haven't watched an episode or logged on to Serebii since my last post on the day of the Greninja vs Charizard finals where I was convinced Ash would win. Heard through the grapevines that this time he actually will, so I'll be tuning in. Hopefully I don't end up so disappointed again
You're lucky you didn't see the start of the league, then. Ha ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.