1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Having better proof this time is kind of working against me being excited.

AuraChannelerChris likes this.
  2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

Happens when the surprise is spoiled by the people promoting the stuff.

Like, how can someone screw that up?

3. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

4. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Apparently they forgot the Internet exists. In the 90s and early 2000s, a screw up like that wouldn't have mattered so much.

Pokegirl Fan~ and RedR like this.
  5. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

i wonder if #anipoke will trend on twitter worldwide in the morning? #anipoke usually trends in japan during the 30 minute window of the episode airing, so it would be cool for it to be worldwide!

TheWanderingMist and mehmeh1 like this.
  6. mysticalglacia

mysticalglacia Alola Shill

Actually would like to see the return of his DP theme, as much of a pipe dream as that is.

Kuzehiko, Sham, satopi and 5 others like this.
  7. Ultra Beast Lover

Ultra Beast Lover Well-Known Member

I can imagine it if he does win: Zoroark and Pikachu (Assuming they're the final fight) have a vicious standoff, neither side budging. Both sides charge at each other with full power creating a bunch of smoke. The dust settles, silence...Ash is prepared for whatever happens as the music builds. Zoroark is down and Pikachu, though hurt, is still standing. The music becomes triumphant as the crowd goes wild and all of Ash's Pokemon dogpile him while he's laughing, finally he won an official league!

At least that would be ideal, oh and all of his old travel companions watch him win.

mehmeh1 likes this.
  8. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 Neutral force of Meh

Sadly I think the doggo showdown will be the last part

Ultra Beast Lover likes this.
  9. Ultra Beast Lover

Probably but still it'd be epic if Ash was seemingly just ready to accept his loss than nope turns out his Lycanroc won.

Dunno if I'd want it to be a silent moment with no music, to really let it sink in, or triumphant music to make us excited.

10. mehmeh1

I think it'd work well if it was like this:
    Ash and Gladion are hyped and the battle goes up to 11: Type Wild/Mezase plays until the final attack, which ends in a huge cloud of smoke->About a minute of silence with Ash ready to accept his defeat, but the smoke clears and Droc is still standing while MnRoc is down. Ash slowly smiles while Kukui announces him as the champion->Triumphatn music (it'll probably be the XY parade theme again)

11. Ultra Beast Lover

All of my yeses

mehmeh1 likes this.
  12. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

againsttherules.com

-

I know its mean but I want Delia to accidentally scream out "FINALLY" when Ash wins.

13. Power Up

Power Up ...

Well, I may hate it with every fiber of my being, but even I hope that this marks a new step in the anime and that Galar is the next evolution of Ash and his story.

Or another disappointment. That has a high chance of happening as well.

SH65 likes this.
  14. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

Oha Suta's (or whatever is the name) preview showed Ash and pikachu using breakneck blitz with Type: Wild playing.

15. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Another year of wasting my life ಠ_ಠ

I hope it feels like a worthy victory... that's all I ask. Don't let it be like some lame 2 hit assault that finishes it after taking a pounding/looking like a one sided battle.

16. mehmeh1

It was Pokenchi's, and their previews always have an OP/ED playing, so that means nothing

17. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Oh Ash I hope you made the right choice using Breakneck Blitz instead of Lycanroc's Z move.

Zoroark and Pikachu might take each other out

18. Cradily17

Cradily17 Well-Known Member

Why do SM haters have to be like this...? This isn't the Orange League for crying out loud. The Alola League is official, and no amount of complaining will change that. Basically you're saying if Ash couldn't win in the league you wanted him to win in, then he shouldn't win in one you didn't want him to win in, which is the same kind of logic used by a spoiled child.

Anyways, I really do believe Ash will win this time. The real uncertainty is whether Ash will defeat the Masked Royal as well.

19. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I hope not

The only reason Gladion joined the league was to see Pikachu’s 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

If Gladion loses to the first Z-Move Ash used, that'd be trolling on par with the Unova and Kalos league, because it means Gladion wasn't going all-out in an attempt to trigger the Pikachu-Z to manifest

If it instead manifests during the Guzzlord attack, then it means Gladion's entire inclusion in the league was pointless

20. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Ash's Z ring was glowing during Pikachu's attack. It was definitely Breakneck Blitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.