• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ok let's all calm down. Remember, this has all happened before just a little while ago. If he loses don't be surprised, if Ash wins...I'll try my best to muffle my screams of delight. Just don't get too excited, don't get too excited...my attempts to calm myself aren't working.
Having better proof this time is kind of working against me being excited.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Happens when the surprise is spoiled by the people promoting the stuff.

Like, how can someone screw that up?
Apparently they forgot the Internet exists. In the 90s and early 2000s, a screw up like that wouldn't have mattered so much.

Ultra Beast Lover

I can imagine it if he does win: Zoroark and Pikachu (Assuming they're the final fight) have a vicious standoff, neither side budging. Both sides charge at each other with full power creating a bunch of smoke. The dust settles, silence...Ash is prepared for whatever happens as the music builds. Zoroark is down and Pikachu, though hurt, is still standing. The music becomes triumphant as the crowd goes wild and all of Ash's Pokemon dogpile him while he's laughing, finally he won an official league!

At least that would be ideal, oh and all of his old travel companions watch him win.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can imagine it if he does win: Zoroark and Pikachu (Assuming they're the final fight) have a vicious standoff, neither side budging. Both sides charge at each other with full power creating a bunch of smoke. The dust settles, silence...Ash is prepared for whatever happens as the music builds. Zoroark is down and Pikachu, though hurt, is still standing. The music becomes triumphant as the crowd goes wild and all of Ash's Pokemon dogpile him while he's laughing, finally he won an official league!

At least that would be ideal, oh and all of his old travel companions watch him win.
Sadly I think the doggo showdown will be the last part

Ultra Beast Lover

Sadly I think the doggo showdown will be the last part
Probably but still it'd be epic if Ash was seemingly just ready to accept his loss than nope turns out his Lycanroc won.

Dunno if I'd want it to be a silent moment with no music, to really let it sink in, or triumphant music to make us excited.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Probably but still it'd be epic if Ash was seemingly just ready to accept his loss than nope turns out his Lycanroc won.

Dunno if I'd want it to be a silent moment with no music, to really let it sink in, or triumphant music to make us excited.
I think it'd work well if it was like this:
Ash and Gladion are hyped and the battle goes up to 11: Type Wild/Mezase plays until the final attack, which ends in a huge cloud of smoke->About a minute of silence with Ash ready to accept his defeat, but the smoke clears and Droc is still standing while MnRoc is down. Ash slowly smiles while Kukui announces him as the champion->Triumphatn music (it'll probably be the XY parade theme again)

Ultra Beast Lover

Ash and Gladion are hyped and the battle goes up to 11: Type Wild/Mezase plays until the final attack, which ends in a huge cloud of smoke->About a minute of silence with Ash ready to accept his defeat, but the smoke clears and Droc is still standing while MnRoc is down. Ash slowly smiles while Kukui announces him as the champion->Triumphatn music (it'll probably be the XY parade theme again)
All of my yeses

Well, I may hate it with every fiber of my being, but even I hope that this marks a new step in the anime and that Galar is the next evolution of Ash and his story.

Or another disappointment. That has a high chance of happening as well.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Oha Suta's (or whatever is the name) preview showed Ash and pikachu using breakneck blitz with Type: Wild playing.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I hope it feels like a worthy victory... that's all I ask. Don't let it be like some lame 2 hit assault that finishes it after taking a pounding/looking like a one sided battle.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Oha Suta's (or whatever is the name) preview showed Ash and pikachu using breakneck blitz with Type: Wild playing.
It was Pokenchi's, and their previews always have an OP/ED playing, so that means nothing

Red and Blue

Oh Ash I hope you made the right choice using Breakneck Blitz instead of Lycanroc's Z move.

Zoroark and Pikachu might take each other out

Cradily17

Im actually hoping ash loses here I rather him win a league in a series that is more like AG DP and XYZ...although it would have been nice for him to become the FIRST champion of a league
Why do SM haters have to be like this...? This isn't the Orange League for crying out loud. The Alola League is official, and no amount of complaining will change that. Basically you're saying if Ash couldn't win in the league you wanted him to win in, then he shouldn't win in one you didn't want him to win in, which is the same kind of logic used by a spoiled child.

Anyways, I really do believe Ash will win this time. The real uncertainty is whether Ash will defeat the Masked Royal as well.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
In the trailer that aired today, I didn’t see it at first because the first one I watched was cut, but the full video it shows what looks more like BB then Quick Attack

Pikachu hits Zoroark just as the hands from NEN are about to hit it, so either Pikachu will hit Zoroark with its own Z-Move as well as BB or a draw is likely.
I hope not

The only reason Gladion joined the league was to see Pikachu’s 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt

If Gladion loses to the first Z-Move Ash used, that'd be trolling on par with the Unova and Kalos league, because it means Gladion wasn't going all-out in an attempt to trigger the Pikachu-Z to manifest

If it instead manifests during the Guzzlord attack, then it means Gladion's entire inclusion in the league was pointless

Red and Blue

Ash's Z ring was glowing during Pikachu's attack. It was definitely Breakneck Blitz

Status
Not open for further replies.