• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Holy crap.
I swear everyone will suffer a mental breakdown if Ash loses. He's already been declared the winner over all internet lol.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Holy crap.
I swear everyone will suffer a mental breakdown if Ash loses. He's already been declared the winner over all internet lol.
Really? I doubt it TBH.

I have a feeling that there are a good no. of people who aren't even rooting for Ash this time around....unlike last time around, where presumably 90% of viewers were wholeheartedly rooting for Ash.

Especially considering the fact that there are several people who doesn't even consider this League to be a real League or to be of the same prestige compared to the other Leagues.

Another issue is that XY Ash & Ash-Greninja probably had a larger fanbase compared to SM "slapstick buttmonkey" Ash.

I don't really see that big of a meltdown happening like last time TBH.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Holy c***.
It'll be a more impressive troll than the Kalos League, and we won't even have the marketing department to blame this time.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Honestly I think I’d just move on with life if he didn’t win. The writers clearly love trolling the viewers with Ash winning so they aren’t going to fool me for the 28th time (and I assume others). If he wins congrats, if he loses congrats.

qazplmwsxo

I just don't know why winning the league is such a big deal.Conquering the Battle Froniter is still a much bigger achievement than winning a anime exclusive league imo.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
30% of people don’t even consider this to be a real league.
I don't think that i even care about events of this league anymore as most people who enjoyed this series .

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I just don't know why winning the league is such a big deal.Conquering the Battle Froniter is still a much bigger achievement than winning a anime exclusive league imo.
No because a League is a much more gruelling format compared to the Battle Frontier, where the axe of elimination always hangs around your neck. Here you lose one battle, and it's all over, so it's important to win every battle here since you can afford to lose.

However, in the Battle Frontier, even if you lose a battle, you can get a second chance to challenge them, there isn't a second chance whatsoever in a League though. Ash lost to Anabel once and Brandon twice, and still got second chances there, which he doesn't get in the League.

Winning a League is a far better accomplishment simply because of that, the gruelling format where the axe of elimination is always hanging around.

Last edited:

saki888

Sorry i have to disagree , the frontier was in my opinion just a after game bonus. The league is something hundreds of trainers in a region compete for and only 1 will emerge as the champion

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
It'll be a more impressive troll than the Kalos League, and we won't even have the marketing department to blame this time.

No, I don't think so. The biggest disappointment would be no more major battles from Ash. Two 1v1s, a 2v2 and one 3v3 isn't satisfying, especially in a series without many battles and building up to this event.

Even a consolation battle against Tapu Koko wouldn't feel climactic or earned. Pikachu wins...and gets reset in Galar. That kind of victory wouldn't show us anything we haven't seen before.

Winning today feels like an ends and not The End. So it would suck and deny us more fun if he lost.

Agility

Bah.
Personally, yeah, I would rather have seen Ash win a League like Kalos or Sinnoh as his first. They were much more competitive, and while they also had fodder trainers, at least they had to win eight badges to get in. None of them only had one Pokemon on hand, either. This league has just felt like a backyard tournament wearing big pants. The FINALS aren't even a full battle, for crying out loud. Ash's surmounting of Paul in Sinnoh and reaching the finals of Kalos to be one Pokemon away from clutching it all are bigger achievements to me.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. Not gonna fault anyone for enjoying seeing Ash finally succeed.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Really? I doubt it TBH.

I have a feeling that there are a good no. of people who aren't even rooting for Ash this time around....unlike last time around, where presumably 90% of viewers were wholeheartedly rooting for Ash.

Especially considering the fact that there are several people who doesn't even consider this League to be a real League or to be of the same prestige compared to the other Leagues.

Another issue is that XY Ash & Ash-Greninja probably had a larger fanbasr compared to SM "slapstick buttmonkey" Ash.

I don't really see that big of a meltdown happening like last time TBH.
I still forsee a meltdown if Ash loses, but more of mockery than anger

nameman

The Alolan League is as different from the other Leagues as the SM anime is from most of the rest of the series. Ultimately though. a win's a win and Ash failing to win would be worse than him losing in Kalos. It's a simple slam dunk that Ash should win considering his personal skill level as a trainer.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I actually kind of like that the final battle with just be dog vs dog, no z moves, just an all out battle.

dman_dustin

Let me get this straight, you give Rockruff Rockium Z right before it evolves. and then the next grand trial is Lycanium-Z, then you have Pikachu ALREADY using its electric type Z-move against Gladion, and now you're going to sit there and tell me you wasted a Z-move on Pikachu.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the normal type z-move being used, so it wasn't forgotten. But sure let's just now completely ignore the fact Ash has a Lycanium-Z and you can't show it off in the ONE episode it would've been relevant. I mean what happens during the battle against Kukui, is Torracat not going to use Firium-Z? And if so, RIP Lycanroc, I guess.

This proves once and for all, that they clearly had no idea what they were doing with Z-moves at all. You would think everyone would be able to use a Z-move, Meltan sure, because it using a Steel Type Z-move wouldn't have worked (even though the connection was there) but fine Pikachu did choose Steelium-Z.

I just don't understand, everyone had access to a Z-move, the Normalium-Z would've been fine as a retired Z-crystal, after all it makes sense why its the first Z-crystal anyone gets. I mean Rockium-Z was retired since Ash has Lycanium-Z.

My only hope now is if somehow Ash does make it to the next generation anime, and travels in Galar, he uses Z-moves as well as Dynamaxxing. Pikachu can use a Z-move, Ash's hypothetical Galar Pokemon use Dynamaxxing. That way Pikachu doesn't have to be the weird one not get a dynamaxxing form because at least it has a Z-move.

Rip the rock type z-moves and likely Steelium-Z (though I would think Ash would use it on Melmetal at least once).

Status
Not open for further replies.