• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 15th: SM139 - He's Born! The Alolan League Winner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

This will be the first time Silvally got defeated. Champion Ash or Champion Gladion, sounds strange right?

Red and Blue

Miky

I mean.. thanks to the titles being revealed...

It sounds more certain that Satoshi is going to win, however I am going to keep my expectation low because they made the SM139 title more vague than the XY league battles. It would be strange for him to lose if Delia and Okido were coming, and it would be stranger for Gladion to battle him. I don't even think he has enough pokemon to battle him.

But at this point, I don't care anymore if Satoshi wins or loses. I'm just genuinely happy he still made it to the finals again.

I get what you're going to say to me. 'Ash will certainly win!' but I want to keep myself skeptical for the time being and see how will it play out.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Looking at the episodes Rena Yamazaki's been an animation director in (eps 69, 75, 86, 96, 108 and 118) and the few cuts I could find that they're presumed to have done for other material https://www.sakugabooru.com/post?tags=rena_yamazaki this episode should be good animation wise, it's also been 20 eps since their last one so they've had plenty of time to put into this one.
Yamazaki also worked on 130, which had some great animation, so that's a good omen (I hope they get the guy who animated Oak vs Hau to make a cut or two).

Revolver Furious Dragon

He was officially the Orange League Champion, and yet he didn't stay there until he loses to a newcomer.
Orange league was different.

here we know he has another battle after he wins. He could easily lose to kukui

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'd say there is a huge difference, Z-move and Mega Evolution are things trainers and pokemon go into battle pre-equipped with, and if Silvally entered the battle pre-equipped with a drive I wouldn't see it as cheating, but to me equipping Silvally in the middle of a fight right when an attack is coming in like with what happened against Turtonator, imo is blatant cheating regardless if it is the pokemon's "gimmick" because it could've very well fallen to that attack, but was saved by something I guarantee Gladion would not get away with outside of alola.

As long as Zoroark goes down I don't care how the rest of the fight goes, I do not want this fight's outcome decided by external factors.
It's not exactly much different from a Pokemon that happens to have Protean, or Color Change.
It's pretty funny tbh. Many fanfics involving a big Ash vs Gladion fight always revolves around Gladion being the big trump card that always goes in the end. I was honestly hoping that the same would happen for this fight, since Silvally has had some of the biggest portrayal in this Gen. But a dog fight sounds pretty badass as well!
Gladion is sending himself out in battle? That's not a twist anyone saw coming.
...the heck kind of finals are a 3v3
Most of them really are, considering 6v6 battles tend to be 3 OHKOs or 2HKOs and 3 drawn-out fights.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
I really think that Ash is going to win the league this time. Between Ash having an established rivalry with Masked Royal and the upcoming Gen 8 anime saga being a reboot, there's no way he can lose this time.

Has the gen 8 anime been "confirmed" to be a reboot?

Also, what is a jobber? Is it a Pokemon that loses in a league or one that has consistently lost battles even outside of the league?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Also, what is a jobber? Is it a Pokemon that loses in a league or one that has consistently lost battles even outside of the league?
Just one that consistently loses. Which, you know, doesn't actually apply to Melmetal since it will likely only have one battle, and jobbers have to lose consistently.

_AISP

Insect/Pokemon lover
If that's the case, then indeed some Pokemon we are calling jobbers here aren't actually jobbers.

If I recall correctly, I don't think Goodra was a jobber then, but I don't want to derail the topic.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
This will be the first time Silvally got defeated. Champion Ash or Champion Gladion, sounds strange right?
Didn't it get KO'd (or, at least super-stunned) with, like, the entire Ultra Guardians group by an attack from Necrozma in Poipole's world? I think it was the start of SM090.

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
Well that it likely not as no one in Japanese SAY anything about reboot and they're don't do "Reboot " anime rather retelling is the word i guess ?

kickachu

Momentai!
I think somewhere in the battle gladion will switch zoroark with lycanroc same as ash as he switches pikachu with his lycanroc. I think this time dusk lycanroc will win but lose to zoroark and since zoroark was mohn's Pokemon it might be more powerful than gladion expects it to be and win the battle for gladion what you think?

Remmie

If Ash wins, then he can be a champion. Would be weird for the champion to travel to another region just after winning his title, and for over a 200 episodes maybe? If Ash wins, most likely Galar won't be about him, unless he loses and Gladion wins. Sounds logical, no? Because what, Ash wins then goes for s season to Galar, for what? He's gonna have to do stuff in Alola if he wins his title, I don't think he'll be able to explore another region freely like he always does.

ShadowForce720

I think somewhere in the battle gladion will switch zoroark with lycanroc same as ash as he switches pikachu with his lycanroc. I think this time dusk lycanroc will win but lose to zoroark and since zoroark was mohn's Pokemon it might be more powerful than gladion expects it to be and win the battle for gladion what you think?

given that the writers had no probably keeping Melmetal and Sivally in the battle until they were knocked out, I doubt that there going to have Gladion switch out Zoroark and Ash switches out Pikachu. If anything it's more likely that either Pikachu takes out Zoroark then loses to Midnight Lycanroc and then we get the battte Midnight Lycanroc vs Dusk Lycanroc with Dusk Lycanroc wining.

Or Zoroark takes out Pikachu and then loses to Dusk Lycanroc who then proceeds to go to defeat Midnight Lycanroc.

-Vulpix-

Cynder Kiryah
I'm still a bit sceptical on whether or not Ash will actually win or not they trolled with a title like this before being Kalos League Victory Ash's Ultimate Challenge or something like that.
Still wish that Ash would've beaten Tobias and won the Sinnoh League, and Beaten Alain and win the Kalos league., but guess we'll see how this one goes.

patrickab7

Just one that consistently loses. Which, you know, doesn't actually apply to Melmetal since it will likely only have one battle, and jobbers have to lose consistently.

Something like that. It's kind of a misnomer in the Pokemon anime since Ash's team generally does well in regular battles, but in important stuff like gym/kahuna/league battles they tend to come up short. More like "jobber-to-the-stars" where the wrestler can beat enhancement talent and opponents low on the proverbial totem pole, but tend to come up short against championship-level opposition.

All of Ash's team has gotten some time to shine in this arc (including Meltan). It would be nice for him to win a league for once, even if he's almost inevitably losing to Kukui afterwards so the title can stay in Alola and, for Ash, The Journey Continues(tm).

Of note: If it is a full battle with Kukui and it is Ash facing him, then he'd HAVE to go to his reserves...

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
While I'd have preferred it if Melmetal got to fight and beat Zoroark, from how things are going now, I want Pikachu to beat both Silvally and Zoroark, if this is truly Ash's league win, Pikachu should carry some good weight (though IMO, after Zoroark is revealed, they should swap out Pikachu and Zoroark for the doggo showdown). Now that I think of it, has there been any previous battle where both aces have been KO'd early?

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's not exactly much different from a Pokemon that happens to have Protean, or Color Change.

an ability that triggers on it's own, and one triggered via an item are two different things.

if this fight does come down to lycanroc vs lycanroc Ash's better win this time.

While I'd have preferred it if Melmetal got to fight and beat Zoroark, from how things are going now, I want Pikachu to beat both Silvally and Zoroark, if this is truly Ash's league win, Pikachu should carry some good weight (though IMO, after Zoroark is revealed, they should swap out Pikachu and Zoroark for the doggo showdown). Now that I think of it, has there been any previous battle where both aces have been KO'd early?

i'd rather they not, even if Pikachu has to go down with it, I want it to take Zoroark down so the battle doesn't get decided by external factors.

both melmetal and zoroark are wild cards, and I hate wild cards dictating the outcome of a battle.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.