• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 17th: PM2019 081 - A Clash?! BluePoké Maniacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I...
The entire point of many of the storylines in this anime is that Pokemon are supposed to be treated as your friends.

Whenever anyone broke that mould, they were the bad guy.

... Except for Paul who was pardoned as "just another method" but it's litelary an issue.

Provide refferences for how what I am saying is false or try proving that the shiny collector here don't treat their Pokemon as colle- Oh wait that'd require effort.
Goh and Shane dont treat their pokemon as collectibles though? They are still their friends?
The entire point of the franchise is to aim to catch em all and fill the pokedex while forming bonds with them, which IS what Goh and Shane do. So @santiagus earlier implication is just plain wrong and @lolipiece 's anti Goh goggle comment is for him and those who think Goh dont form bonds or consider Pokemon are their friends. We literally have people here who claim Goh is akin to Pokemon Hunters
Dont take his comment personally on yourself

LazySpy

Kimty
Goh and Shane dont treat their pokemon as collectibles though? They are still their friends?
The entire point of the franchise is to aim to catch em all and fill the pokedex while forming bonds with them, which IS what Goh and Shane do. So @santiagus earlier implication is just plain wrong and @lolipiece 's anti Goh goggle comment is for him and those who think Goh dont form bonds or consider Pokemon are their friends. We literally have people here who claim Goh is akin to Pokemon Hunters
Dont take his comment personally on yourself
Calm down, I very much agree with what you say about Goh and Shane. The problem is loli and psychological argued the point of the franchise is to treat Pokemon entirelly as collectibles when IIRC, even in the mainline videogames there's clear intent to show that they should be viewed as friends, althrough it doesn't exactly take the forefront, anyway, this is a very diffirent argument from "Goh and Shane don't treat their Pokemon as collectibles" because it assumes that they do, if they don't it falls apart and isn't relevant to the conversation at all.

Also, why would he re-use my insult if it wasn't aimed at me?

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Calm down, I very much agree with what you say about Goh and Shane. The problem is loli and psychological argued the point of the franchise is to treat Pokemon entirelly as collectibles when IIRC, even in the mainline videogames there's clear intent to show that they should be viewed as friends, althrough it doesn't exactly take the forefront, anyway, this is a very diffirent argument from "Goh and Shane don't treat their Pokemon as collectibles" because it assumes that they do, if they don't it falls apart and isn't relevant to the conversation at all.

Also, why would he re-use my insult if it wasn't aimed at me?
From Lolipiece's side I atleast got the vibe he was also arguing the friends aspect, esp since santiagus was implying Goh doesnt seem to care for his mons at all
Didnt know it was your insult lol, he probably lumped you in with him then ig which he shouldnt have

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
My point is that the narrative "catching a lot of Pokemon = a bad thing" always seemed silly to me in a franchise specifically about that exact premise. The games never imply this is a bad thing, provided the Pokemon aren't treated poorly.

And anyone who tries to argue Goh treats his Pokemon as mere numbers is clearly ignoring what actually happens just to push this idea he's a terrible person.

We don't know how Shane treats his Pokemon,, but his brief interaction with his Psyduck indicates he likely treats them well.

LazySpy

Kimty
My point is that the narrative "catching a lot of Pokemon = a bad thing" always seemed silly to me in a franchise specifically about that exact premise. The games never imply this is a bad thing, provided the Pokemon aren't treated poorly.

And anyone who tries to argue Goh treats his Pokemon as mere numbers is clearly ignoring what actually happens just to push this idea he's a terrible person.

We don't know how Shane treats his Pokemon,, but his brief interaction with his Psyduck indicates he likely treats them well.
Great. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Got your point. Wonderfull you clarified it. Pardon my behaviour earlier, we good now?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I see no issue with Shane. He clearly seems to be found of his Psyduck. He collects shinies because he likes them. And I think the Pokémon don't bother because if Psyduck is any indication, they are probably pampered to insane extremes.

Like this human made a herculean effort of tracking you down and offering you a comfy home with acceptance, love and free food. And all because of what makes you different from the other pokémon.

I highly doubt they think they've gotten a bad deal.

A similar logic goes to Goh as well.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Are they? your MC makes his 'friends' fight each other to death only to further his career. They are tools, they always have been.

Yeah, isn't that cool? Let's be real, being a Pokémon champion is kinda selfish too. But they are still your friends, and you care about them, as long as they win of course.

You could try actually watching the show without your anti-Goh goggles on, but clearly that's too much effort for you.
I don't like Pokémon Go, I don't like Pokémon Let's Go, so no, I'm not going to like a character based on those apps/game mechanics. And no, I'm not going to like a character that reduces Pokémon protagonism to the minimal.

Maybe that has to do with how I play the games, I do use certain Pokémon weak and strong I don't care about the dex, I always use 6 Pokémon and I love raising them, teaching moves, so they can defeat any Pokémon, in any game I love when I reach the Elite Four and I watch the Pokémon I use, and I feel proud of them and myself. I don't care about catching them all, about breeding thousands of eggs to have a shiny, I don't care about that I only want to battle.

I said he is a terrible person? No, that would be stupid from my part, I'm a Team Rocket fan for Pete's sake, It's just that I don't like Pokémon collectors specially when they have a silly goal that makes no sense.

Do you understand now @SerGoldenhandtheJust ? Because I'm not going to change my opinion that easily, by the way.

D

Deleted member 384931

It would be cool if the shiny collector guy is in it. However, I wouldnt be surprised if he isnt in it.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I defend Goh, but if you look at all the effort Ash put into catching Primeape and you compare it to Goh catching Mankey, it's downright depressing. I think this change in the structure of the anime to be more in line with Pokémon Go was the stupidest decision ever.
The pokemon earlier was different and now this structure of pokemon.
Conclusion, sadly the pokemon will never be the same again

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
I defend Goh, but if you look at all the effort Ash put into catching Primeape and you compare it to Goh catching Mankey, it's downright depressing. I think this change in the structure of the anime to be more in line with Pokémon Go was the stupidest decision ever.
Even if goh was written better, i don’t think i can ever like the catch everything mentality in the anime. Some things just aren’t the same in the anime and the game, and forcing it to be more the same while ignoring what has previously been established is just idiotic imo.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Let me resume it to you

You and some users like Go

I and some other we don't like Go

That's it.

I think 80 episodes is more than enough to like a character or not. I'm not connecting with him, sorry to disappoint. Episode 32 was Good but is still one and seeing it now you see that nothing changed.

Can this change during the year or two that are left? We don't know. I dont have any hopes though...

But I commend you for doing the effort of trying to make us like Go, but this is not your duty, the writers of this series have to do that.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Let me resume it to you

You and some users like Go

I and some other we don't like Go

That's it.

I think 80 episodes is more than enough to like a character or not. I'm not connecting with him, sorry to disappoint. Episode 32 was Good but is still one and seeing it now you see that nothing changed.

Can this change during the year or two that are left? We don't know. I dont have any hopes though...

But I commend you for doing the effort of trying to make us like Go, but this is not your duty, the writers of this series have to do that.
Jesus Christ Im not trying to make you like Goh, but I do care when you talk crap like him not caring for his mons
You can dislike Goh and still not spew lies at him
I could literally say the same thing to you, stop making me dislike Goh it wont work
If you all can infest every thread to talk crap about him, I can talk good about him, simple as that

D

Deleted member 384931

Jesus Christ Im not trying to make you like Goh, but I do care when you talk crap like him not caring for his mons
You can dislike Goh and still not spew lies at him
I could literally say the same thing to you, stop making me dislike Goh it wont work
If you all can infest every thread to talk crap about him, I can talk good about him, simple as that
I get a "dolor de cabeza" from your discussion @SerGoldenhandtheJust @santiagus .

Status
Not open for further replies.