• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 17th: PM2019 081 - A Clash?! BluePoké Maniacs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Still waiting for that Magicarp evolution, stop teasing me!

Hopefully Goh catches a shiny here (not necessarily Voltorb), if he doesn't catch the shiny Volcarona. Better if he catches more than one rather than having a solitary designated shiny.

I'd almost consider Voltorb more likely to be caught by Goh, given Volcarona seems to be the queen, and he has almost as many Kanto pokemon as he does from the other 7 regions.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Who'd a thunk with Ash going to school in Alola, and no gyms, that Journey's would be even more chaotic somehow?
And SOMEHOW more aimless and plotless.
SM's gave us plot and story in batches. Here it's SO spread out AND underused it's like it doesn't have any o_O

Still waiting for that Magicarp evolution, stop teasing me!
Especially since that sucker's gonna be huge even for a Gyrados! :eek:

Who'd a thunk with Ash going to school in Alola, and no gyms, that Journey's would be even more chaotic somehow?
And it made his face deformed. And this Ash win the league

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Shane shows up and catches that Voltorb. Goh deserves to lose every once in a while, you know?
Definitely he always succeeds
It's like one of those awful Aura Ash fics where Ash wins at every single freaking thing. It's impossible to like somebody if they don't have flaws or fail!

Swift4Sweeper

Author Trainer
I just hope that we’ll see Ash gain the ability to use Mega Evolution before the end of Journeys. If that happens, I can live with all of these fillers, no matter how uninspired and frequent they may be.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
Guess that shiny collector is really going to appear here.

Another person who treats Pokémon as collectables...

Perfect fit for these series

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Guess that shiny collector is really going to appear here.

Another person who treats Pokémon as collectables...

Perfect fit for these series
That’s what the franchise is tho.

santiagus

I watched Pokemon anime for 20 freaking years
"Gotta catch'em all" I know.

But aren't Pokémon supposed to be your friends? You collect friends maybe? ¿Didn't you catch Pokémon for research about them or for your own selfish reasons?

Morax

King of heroes
"Gotta catch'em all" I know.

But aren't Pokémon supposed to be your friends? You collect friends maybe? ¿Didn't you catch Pokémon for research about them or for your own selfish reasons?
Are they? your MC makes his 'friends' fight each other to death only to further his career. They are tools, they always have been.

LazySpy

Kimty
I...
The entire point of many of the storylines in this anime is that Pokemon are supposed to be treated as your friends.

Whenever anyone broke that mould, they were the bad guy.

... Except for Paul who was pardoned as "just another method" but it's litelary an issue.

Provide refferences for how what I am saying is false or try proving that the shiny collector here doesn't treat his Pokemon as colle- Oh wait that'd require effort.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You could try actually watching the show without your anti-Goh goggles on, but clearly that's too much effort for you.

LazySpy

Kimty
Plus, your argument was "that's the point of the franchise" when replying to someone who lumped Goh and the shiny collector as the same...
So do you believe Goh and the collector treat their Pokemon as collectibles but that's acceptable because that's the point or do you believe they don't, pick your battle because they're very diffirent arguments.

LazySpy

Kimty
You could try actually watching the show without your anti-Goh goggles on, but clearly that's too much effort for you.
Also, side note, but I litelary defended Goh and praised his writing on multiple occasions, so you accusing me of "Anti-Goh goggles" just proves my point about "low effort".
... In a post which tries to *deflect* the accusation.

I feel like I may need to take a break from this community sometimes soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.