• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 17th: XY088 - A Train Revisited! Clemont and Bunnelby!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
May be another trainer is shown fighting Olympia? I don't really think this will be the gym battle tho. ^^

Like a cameo? I don't think Diggersby would be the broadcast data Pokemon for such a small role though.

Jangobadass

Surprise!
Like a cameo? I don't think Diggersby would be the broadcast data Pokemon for such a small role though.

Ah heck, we've had plenty of Pokémon be the broadcast data who had small roles!

Though seeing a GL fight someone else is always a treat :)

Plus, I sure wouldn't mind another episode or two with Olympia outside the battle. Someone with such an awesome design deserves to be in as many episodes as possible.
Though it does feel too early for her introduction. Guess we'll find out.

Last edited:

Lorde

I'd rather just see a Bunnelby vs Diggersby battle tbh, better way for Bunnelby development.

What development would he need when he'd simply get snubbed again afterwards anyway. Even him learning a new move would be redundant imho.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Hoping to see Bunnelby evolve here, personally. Diggersby is pretty awesome, and I get the feeling that the whole Ground-typing is at least partly the reason why Clemont caught Bunnelby to begin with- he probably figured he'd have to end up fighting Clembot if he ever got back into the Gym, figured a Ground-type would be a huge help. But even if Bunnelby doesn't evolve, I'd love to see it get some focus in any case, maybe a flashback to the circumstances under which Clemont caught it.

Afrodisiac

break up w yo gf, im bored
Hoping to see Bunnelby evolve here, personally. Diggersby is pretty awesome, and I get the feeling that the whole Ground-typing is at least partly the reason why Clemont caught Bunnelby to begin with- he probably figured he'd have to end up fighting Clembot if he ever got back into the Gym, figured a Ground-type would be a huge help. But even if Bunnelby doesn't evolve, I'd love to see it get some focus in any case, maybe a flashback to the circumstances under which Clemont caught it.

Bunnelby's not evolving here though. There's a poster with upcoming roster changes i.e. Talonflame and Eevee but Bunnelby's still a Bunnelby.

On the other hand, Chespin might have a chance to evolve given the new japanese merchandise for november which showcases Quilladin,..

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Bunnelby's not evolving here though. There's a poster with upcoming roster changes i.e. Talonflame and Eevee but Bunnelby's still a Bunnelby.

On the other hand, Chespin might have a chance to evolve given the new japanese merchandise for november which showcases Quilladin,..

YES. Now I'll really be fine with Bunnelby not evolving if Chespin ends up evolving instead. I love Quilladin! :D

Jangobadass

Surprise!

Interesting theory, but I kinda doubt it. They need a sassy little spotlight stealer AND a starter who doesn't evolve to be cute/marketable.

Piplup and Oshawatt didn't evolve (heck, they almost went out of their way to make sure Piplup didn't evolve), so Chespin likely won't either.

I'm not saying it won't happen, but I'd be very surprised.

Maybe Manon will cross paths with Ash-tachii and hers will evolve :confused: (which I'd much rather see)

Last edited:

nickdt

The point to that is, that this episode airs two months before in September. I doub't they will evolve Chespin here. Most of the evolutions had there one screentime and didn't had to share the greatest portion with others. I just think this will be a Bunnelby episode or the pokemon poacher has escaped and is back.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If it weren't for Diggersby's unique typing and hidden ability... nah I still hate the thing. I can tolerate it game wise because it has good usage, but when the anime fails to apply those appeals, well then I just hope this isn't Clemont evolving the bunny, because it's a much better design in it current state :D

Lorde

I don't think Chespin will even be heavily involved here, so I can't imagine him evolving in what seems like a Bunnelby episode tbh. I want to see Bunnelby fight Diggersby and that's it.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Bunnelby likely isn't going to evolve. But if it did I'd have been okay with it. Diggersby isn't that bad. I don't know what it is about Kalos Pokemon getting these bad reps for their evolutions. There's a massive backlash against Braixen evolving all the way to Delphox, and now there's one for Bunnelby becoming Diggersby. I remember a time when Pokemon evolving was such a treat. Nowadays looks mean everything. Now I see why May's Bulbasaur evolved offscreen when it didn't matter anymore. Oh well. I just want to see Bunnelby get used here. If Chespin does evolve I see it replacing Luxray as Clemont's main battler...oh sorry it already did that. Well I could see Bunnelby maybe get Chespin's old job of appearing and doing something wacky, despite it being mature. After the Chespin/Bunnelby filler I want to see more of these two.

Lorde

Nowadays looks mean everything.

Diggersby doesn't look nearly as bad as some other Kalos species imho, but for once I'm not against a Pokemon evolving just based on looks: The fact that he'd likely be just as ignored as a Diggersby as he is now is what I find unappealing. He ain't evolving here anyway though.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I actually want Clemont's Bunnelby to evolve here since it would give him a ground type. Having a Diggersby on his team can be beneficial for Clemont and his current team since it is unlikely for him to capture any pokemon due to having three other pokemon at the gym.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Diggersby doesn't look nearly as bad as some other Kalos species imho, but for once I'm not against a Pokemon evolving just based on looks: The fact that he'd likely be just as ignored as a Diggersby as he is now is what I find unappealing. He ain't evolving here anyway though.

Yea if he's going to be ignored as a Diggersby then he should stay as a Bunnelby. ^^;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster

It really doesn't matter to me if Bunnelby evolves or not. I just want more screentime and episodes for the little guy. I enjoyed his recent filler. So more Bunnelby screentime I say.

Status
Not open for further replies.