• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 19th: BWS2DA!E19 - Best Wishes! Until The Day We Meet Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
True, but just mentioning Lapras gets older viewers thinking that "Maybe this Lapras has something to do with Ash's".
I'm pretty sure you thought the same of the Heigani and Buoysel in the tag battle episode? The writers aren't "trolling" older views at all, you're just choosing to buy into the hype. I guarantee you, you aren't even on the writer's radars, they could care less about getting anyone thinking. If anything it's your own error if you're jumping to conclusions. There's no indication that this episode is even about Satoshi's Laplace.

I love how Satoshi has a monopoly on all species of Pokemon he's caught in the past BTW.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
What's wrong with people wanting to see old Pokémon again? I honestly would like to see Lapras again, but I'm not expecting to see it here.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
I didn't watch that episode. Nor do I buy into the hype about anything that happens in BW. In fact, I wish there was ANYTHING that could get me marginally interested in this arc as so far it's just amount to a big nothing.

And I wasn't referring to this forum in particular. I was talking about the Japanese audience as well, as that is their primary target and the Western world isn't the only one that has people that watched the series back then and still do now. Everything I said before applies to them as well, as the more that watch the series, the more money they make and what better way than to trick them into watching an episode that passingly mentions something they remember from back then.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I was talking about the Japanese audience as well, as that is their primary target and the Western world isn't the only one that has people that watched the series back then and still do now. Everything I said before applies to them as well, as the more that watch the series, the more money they make and what better way than to trick them into watching an episode that passingly mentions something they remember from back then.
The Japanese audience of young five-year-old children, the main watchers of the show, don't think like that. It's only vocal, English-speaking Internet nerds that jump to conclusions like infantile, ill-mannered children with no self-restraint at the simple mention of "Laplace, Buoysel, Waninoko." etc. and than go throw a temper tantrum when their expectations aren't met.

Last edited:

BlueDragonfangirl

I don't mind seeing another Lapras, as long as we get flashbacks of her.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
5 year olds aren't the only ones that watch the show. In fact, that goes for any T.V. show in that you can't assume that one particular age group watches a show and no one else. You create a larger market by not only appealing to the "5 year olds" but as well as the "5 year olds who watched the show and thought so much of it that they still watch it today". In a business that's about making money, you do anything that can turn a profit and the more people you can get to watch, the more money you stand to make.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
5 year olds aren't the only ones that watch the show. In fact, that goes for any T.V. show in that you can't assume that one particular age group watches a show and no one else. You create a larger market by not only appealing to the "5 year olds" but as well as the "5 year olds who watched the show and thought so much of it that they still watch it today". In a business that's about making money, you do anything that can turn a profit and the more people you can get to watch, the more money you stand to make.

You can believe that if you want, but a small percentage of internet 90's neckbeards that want to relive the "good ol'" days aren't going to ever take priority over 10 year old japanese kids.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
5-year-olds are the main watchers of the show, Pokemon's ratings are built around increment ages of mainly 2-11 and 6-11. The writers mainly write this show with their intentions in mind, it's not their fault if English-speaking fans on an Internet forum are distraught over them simply featuring a Pokemon that isn't owned by the main character in an episode. This problem could simply be fixed by actually waiting for more information patiently and not being so quick to make a beeline for a certain line of thinking like a hungry, uncontrollable canine seeking a bone. But I guess that's too much to ask for given I'm sure the majority of this forum should be over the age of 12, if a fifteen-year-old can have more common sense it should be too hard to ask of a whole forum of grown anime fanatics.

deathseer

Oh, u mad bro?
And yet I stand here in bewilderment again. I know good and well that what happens on this site no bearing whatsoever on the series. I guess it's true what people say about the internet (Well, more true than I already know).

What I'm talking about is various other demographics that play and watch Pokemon in Japan.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
What I'm talking about is various other demographics that play and watch Pokemon in Japan.
Don't matter in the grand scheme of things as much as their key watchers, young children. A large amount of older fans that play the games don't even watch the anime, at the end of the day instead of taking responsibility for your own hastiness like a young adult should you're looking for someone to scapegoat for your own rashness. You control yourself, recognize a small amount of willpower and don't be so quick to the shot on everything and anything.

The Japanese audience of young five-year-old children, the main watchers of the show, don't think like that. It's only vocal, English-speaking Internet nerds that jump to conclusions like infantile, ill-mannered children with no self-restraint at the simple mention of "Laplace, Buoysel, Waninoko." etc. and than go throw a temper tantrum when their expectations aren't met.

5 year olds don't watch this show they watch Curious George that's why that show has better ratings than Pokemon. But point taken. And would you please stop using Japanese Pokemon names?? Its really hard to understand which Pokemon your talking about when you use names like Wakinono and Leplace and what ever else.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
5 year olds don't watch this show they watch Curious George that's why that show has better ratings than Pokemon. But point taken. And would you please stop using Japanese Pokemon names?? Its really hard to understand which Pokemon your talking about when you use names like Wakinono and Leplace and what ever else.

Well this is the spoiler section for the japanese anime. And 5 year olds watch it in japan.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, second post and Ash's Lapras is already being driven to hype.

Cuddy

Cyndaquil Master
I have an idea of this episode of being one that Ash and Co try to protect the Lapras from poachers. The Lapras are rare Pokemon of course and I thought they was hunted in the past. We also not see a poacher for a while, and it makes sense with this episode.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
well the first thing i thought about this episode is iris focus episode , it so surprise everyone think this is old lapras

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That's what was said about Ash's Butterfree

That was a bunch of bull and the writers knew exactly what they were doing when they did that. All shows troll, all show writers troll, that's just a fact. You can make all the bs reasoning you want but that was trolling plain and simple.

TheFonz

Pokemon Semi-Master
That was a bunch of bull and the writers knew exactly what they were doing when they did that. All shows troll, all show writers troll, that's just a fact. You can make all the bs reasoning you want but that was trolling plain and simple.

Yeah that episode was a bit too much. I don't understand after all BW has gone through, people would even suspect Lapras has a chance especially after the Butterfree episode. If it is Ash's, then awesome and I hope it plays out well. If not, it's not a huge deal as long as there aren't any teasers like Ash and Lapras together. If there's a bunch of Lapras traveling I hope Iris doesn't catch one to be a reference to her ingame team.

Janovy

Banned
I hope this isn't Ash's Lapras because it would most likely be a short flashback followed by Ash helping a completely different Lapras.

As for Iris's fear, she only got one episode devoted to it where she admitted that ice types aren't all that bad. It would be nice if she could come close to completely overcoming her fear thanks to helping Lapras or something. I'd much rather see that than a boring rehash of the DA! Butterfree episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.