• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 19th: BWS2DA!E19 - Best Wishes! Until The Day We Meet Again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see it as something where she bonds with a Lapras, not realising its an ice type.

But of course at this stage it could be absolutely anything.
- They could get shipwrecked and helped out by a lapras
- They could encounter a trainer who has problems training his/her lapras so Cilan helps
- Could belong to Cress in an episode where him and Chili come and meet Cilan.
- Could be a tournament or something
- Could be a wild Lapras seperated from its herd
- Could be Lapras has nothing to do with the plot and its only the data broadcast pokemon because the other pokemon that appear have already been data broadcast pokemon

Haunter ゴースト

I'd say with the end of BW being so near, the gang being out at sea... this Lapras is either going to be captured or bond with Iris as a nod towards her B2W2 team.

Midnightmoon6o2

"Tougher than you."
I doubt this Lapras will have any relation to Ash's one sadly, look at the Butterfree episode for example. (The feels, oh the feels that episode brought)

Either this Lapras could be a reference to Iris's in-game team, helps Iris get her fear of ice types away or they just so happened to pass a few by. It being Ash's Lapras just seems so unlikely.

Last edited:

FlyAsADunsparce

I doubt this Lapras will have any relation to Ash's one sadly, look at the Butterfree episode for example. (The feels, oh the feels that episode brought)

Either this Lapras could be a reference to Iris's in-game team, helps Iris get her fear of ice types away or they just so happened to pass a few by. It being Ash's Lapras just seems so unlikely.

Yeah exactly what I thought.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Since people keep reminding me that the broadcast data is often misleading, I suppose this Lapras could just appear for a few seconds under someone else's ownership and not play a pivotal role here. If that's the case then I'd be fine with it as I don't care for Lapras either way. I'm just surprised that so many people expect this to be another Iris development episode when she's already getting major development five episodes prior to this one.

Akuroma

The Doctor
I have an idea of this episode of being one that Ash and Co try to protect the Lapras from poachers. The Lapras are rare Pokemon of course and I thought they was hunted in the past. We also not see a poacher for a while, and it makes sense with this episode.

I remember an episode where this idea was used (Viva Las Lapras), but it wasn't with poachers. The villains of that episode were pirates who wanted to capture good ol' Lapras.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
I seriously doubt that Ash's Lapras will appear in person., I see Lapras uin flashbacks, though.

And more important: Lapras is part of the I love Marine set, ya know. This set is coming in July although the epsiode won't happen in September.

Which means that Piplup and Manaphy appears in the set because somerthing. Manaphy wilol probably have a event at the end of Gen V even if he don't appear in the anime like Jirachi. But why we put Piplup in the merch We don't have the answer but I have to remember that if Piplup re-appears it won't appear in the Data Broadcast.

In reality, they are putting other pokemon in the Data Broadcast because they can't use Eevee, they can'0t use any Gen VI pokemon, they can't use Emolga, they can't use Axew, etc.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'd say with the end of BW being so near, the gang being out at sea... this Lapras is either going to be captured or bond with Iris as a nod towards her B2W2 team.

Why? What does Iris need to do with a Lapras? Can't the writers just think of a random Trapinch she can run around with? Since there is so many wild pokemon that keeps appearing. At least think of something clever and better than something that not only Ash has but something that might have something to do with actual dragons one day.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Why? What does Iris need to do with a Lapras? Can't the writers just think of a random Trapinch she can run around with? Since there is so many wild pokemon that keeps appearing. At least think of something clever and better than something that not only Ash has but something that might have something to do with actual dragons one day.

Well, like haunter said, it wouldn't be that random.considering iris had one in the game.

dman_dustin

Well, like haunter said, it wouldn't be that random.considering iris had one in the game.

No it's random because Iris just recently caught Dragonite (well 52 episodes ago might seem like a long time ago but it isn't), and Cilan on the other hand hasn't had a team change for a lot longer, even ignoring the possible evolution episode.

Iris does not need a 5th Pokemon, let alone a Lapras, when Cilan only has three, and Iris barely does more than Cilan to warrant her having 5 Pokemon with him only having 3. EVEN if Cilan ends up going to Kalos with Ash (well as in traveling companion of Kalos, not actually traveling there with him).

k6666

Pikachu Fan
really =.= , some people in here still have problem with iris get dragonite who being catch 50+ episode ago
what is big deal with dragonite anyway he got proper wins and he got some proper lost
now i wonder if ash the one who get dragonite , do some people gonna hate ash too ?

dman_dustin

really =.= , some people in here still have problem with iris get dragonite who being catch 50+ episode ago
what is big deal with dragonite anyway he got proper wins and he got some proper lost
now i wonder if ash the one who get dragonite , do some people gonna hate ash too ?

Really?

Between your two posts, I'm the only one who mentioned Dragonite (in this thread), and it had nothing negative revolving around it. Go to the Clair thread, THAT is where the negative stuff happens revolving around Dragonite.

Are you sure just didn't see "No" and "Dragonite" in my posts and think I had a problem.

The only problem I ever had with Dragonite was it beating two Pokemon in the Junior cup, while being disobedient, and only because Iris gets special treatment, had it been any other character, Iris would've lost and got kicked out of the tournament. And even now, I don't care, it's over with,

The mention of Dragonite was only to mention that it was THE last capture of this show for the main characters, and it was Iris who got it. Iris does not need ANOTHER Pokemon, when Ash is the only other character who got a team change, and only because of an evolution.

And therefore until Cilan and Ash both get something new (captures NOT evolutions), Iris can stay away from Lapras.

She can be okay with it, but she doesn't need to bond with it or even catch it.

Janovy

Banned
She can be okay with it, but she doesn't need to bond with it or even catch it.
Wait.

So just because Ash or Cilan didn't get something, Iris isn't even allowed to BOND with Lapras? Are you serious?

BlueDragonfangirl

I'll throw up if this is an Iris bonds with Lapras episode, I think if any one should get to bond with it should be Ash, they were his Pokemon after all.
It just wouldn't sit right with me.

Janovy

Banned
I'll throw up if this is an Iris bonds with Lapras episode, I think if any one should get to bond with it should be Ash, they were his Pokemon after all.
Despite the fact we already got one 'Ash befriends a Pokémon he once owned' episode? You would seriously want another rehash of that episode?

That's ridiculous. Ash has gotten a good amount of focus lately. The Beehyem episode, the Butterfree episode. Why can't poor Iris get one episode centered around her? (The conflict episode centered both Ash and Iris). Cilan will get one too (he already has one with the Detective episode).

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

This is so stupid...Didn't Haruka get a Squirtle and a Bulbasaur, what the heck is a problem if Iris bonds or gets a freaking Lapras?

It wouldn't sit rigth because you hate her, people should have the decency of even they know they will make a biased comment because they hate X character just shut up about it.

For all we know this could be a Cilan focus episode

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

So a repeat of the recent Butterfree episode? Yeah, no thanks. If someone has to bond with a Lapras - which hasn't even been confirmed to happen yet - it should be either Iris or Cilan imo. I say let them have their time in the spotlight since they both seem to be leaving at the end of BW. That and I'm tired of Ash bonding with Pokemon that aren't his. :x

Status
Not open for further replies.