1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

It's the second match of the semifinals. When Guzma's partner Pokémon Gusokumusha's "Emergency Exit" activated, Hassam suddenly had to battle, leading to it losing to Nyaheat and making Guzma indignant with rage over Gusokumusha's tendency to do as it pleases. And even though Guzma has been in the lead so far, he gradually loses his pace as he sees his old rival Kukui in Satoshi's forthright eyes.

Screenplay 面出明美 (Akemi Omode)
    Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
    Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
    Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
    Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

----

https://i.imgur.com/Rtpec5N.jpg

At last, the Alola Pokémon League reaches the finals!! Who will win this all-out battle?!
    The final is right around the corner! Who will be the first league winner; Satoshi, Gladio or Guzma?!

All-out battle 1: A full check of Satoshi, Gladio and Guzma's Partner Pokémon!!
    We're currently right in the middle of a fight between Satoshi's Pikachu and Guzma's Gusokumusha in the semifinals! The winner will advance to the finals!
    Satoshi: Pikachu, Nyaheat, Melmetal, Lugarugan (Dusk Form)
    Gladio: Silvady, Lugarugan (Midnight Form), Zoroark
    Guzma: Gusokumusha
    (Gladio has already advanced to the finals, so we're giving you an early look at his Pokémon as well!)

All-out battle 2: Satoshi's Meltan evolves into Melmetal!!
    It becomes one with its fellow Meltan and evolves into the enormous Melmetal! Will this be Satoshi's trump card in the finals!?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
  2. Sounds good !

wolf jani likes this.
  3. wolf jani

wolf jani Nobutasu

Oh so it isn't 1v1 as i thought it would be. I guess this means that Ash is going to finals.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  4. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Thank god that at least the whole league isn't just 1v1's.

satopi, wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  5. No lol maybe a two vs two lol

wolf jani likes this.
  6. GarchompChain

Probably... Well, at least that's better ;)

What is meant by 'forthright eyes'?

wolf jani and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. Dragalge

Dragalge Naganadel

Yay Torracat gets to battle in this (and seemingly star in it)! Pikachu was expected but I’m glad it gets to join in before the finals!

8. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Ah good, so Torracat is getting to battle. Even if he did get to battle Masked Royal it would feel odd with NO big fights between their last face-off.

9. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Torracat battling here likely means Lycanroc chokes against Gladion. I'm not looking forward to that.

10. GhostWallker98

GhostWallker98 Active Member

The title confirms Ash loses which is disappointing. This is the result a lot of people were hoping to avoid. Looks like the next battle will be boring with 2 characters who have no real reason to battle each other other than to win. I knew they wouldn't let Ash reach the finals 2 series in a row.

Yankees4life and wolf jani like this.
  11. GarchompChain

It does? What about the next episode title?

wolf jani likes this.
  12. No look at the next title: Ultimate Rival Showdown

13. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

...The following episode is called "Ultimate Rival Showdown". Guzma does not have an established rivalry with Gladio or Kaki. Satoshi has one with both. Satoshi is winning this match.

14. GhostWallker98

GhostWallker98 Active Member

I am sorry. I did not look at it. As soon as I saw Guzma, the undefeated, I immediately thought it was a guarantee. My bad.

15. Sometimes I hate those titels lol

wolf jani likes this.
  16. Lord Starfish

Lord Starfish Fond of owls

>Emergency Exit activates
    >Nyaheat is declared to have defeated Gusokumusha.
    >Hassam enters the battle

Well would you look at that, an actual team battle with more than one Pokémon on each side!

17. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

You should know now how often the Japanese titles troll the hell out of fans.

18. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

...how?

wolf jani likes this.
  19. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

I wouldn't trust the titles, just the summaries. If Ash isn't mentioned by name in SM138, it's possible he goes down here, "ultimate rival" be damned.

Granted, titles tend to not spoil the outcome of the episode itself, they spoil subsequent episodes.

But it's best to play it cautious with ambiguous or potentially misleading titles.

20. GarchompChain

It is kinda weird that Emergency Exit equals defeat in a 2v2 or more match...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.