1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

while that would be nice I kind of wanted Ash to save that for kakui if he gets to him.

then again we know kakui got the firium-z in the past, so that could draw further parallels from Guzma in how he sees kakui in ash, and would definitely be a pride hurter, on top of being potentially swept.

2. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

I'd rather Torracat use Inferno Overdrive to cause Emergency Exit, then finish it off with Revenge

Z-Moves as battle finishers really doesn't do them any favors and lacks strategy beyond "the opponent is dazed, better use it now"

Using that as a finishing move on Golisopod gives it plenty of time to get its guard back up due to the stupidly long windup period, even with Ash's much faster delivery of "This is our full power!" than other characters' Z-Move mantras

Using Z-Moves to counter other Z-Moves was far more interesting and it's a pity we didn't get to see more interactions

3. Tbh I can't see stretch the fight a whole episode...

4. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

I'm 50/50 on whether or not they will. Despite Guzma not doing that well, he's pretty strong and I can see the battle not ending as quickly as Kiawe VS Gladion. But, an episode and a half does seem like a bit long. If it doesn't last almost the whole episode, the last half or third could be scenes at sunset/night of the characters talking and maybe the next morning, before the final battle starts.

5. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I don't see the battle lasting the whole episode either, hopefully we can get more flashback scenes with Guzma(And Plumeria cause she needs it)

mehmeh1 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Banned

I'm assuming that the second half of the episode will focus on showing more of Guzma's backstory or on Gladio and Satoshi preparing for the finals since I also doubt that the battle between Satoshi and Guzma will last the whole episode.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  7. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

Uh...have you guys seen how much they pad these episodes? Between reaction shots, very long lingering shots (seriously, they can linger on one image for about 10 seconds) and scenes of no real consequential value (see TRio deciding to be evil by doing what they're doing and Bewear chilling), they very much have a way to make it last the whole episode if they decide to.

8. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

9. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

The summary confirms that Gladion defeats Kiawe in the previous episode.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  10. playerking

New series announcement? Nah, it could be too early. I wonder if Guzma will see Professor Kukui's face on Ash's and how Professor Kukui will react to him getting so angry.

Kawaii Emolga and KenzeyEevee like this.
  11. Seems like only Torracat will be used and maybe Pikachu.

Wonder which announcement will be...

12. RileyXY1

I think that Ash will use only Torracat here, with Pikachu and Lycanroc being used against Gladion.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  13. Alola Adventurer

Alola Adventurer Well-Known Member

I think it's either that, or a preview of what's going to go down in SM's series finale.
    SM was announced in mid September 2016, so I don't think it would be considered that early to announce the next series,
    but we'll see.

14. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

I think the summary is also pretty much pointing to ash beating guzma and the new announcement could be the information related to new series or the ate when first poster is coming, it is about that time.

15. playerking

Yeah, one month earlier wouldn't be that big of a difference. A trailer of the remaining episodes doesn't seem like an "announcement" per se. We'll have to wait and see.

Kawaii Emolga likes this.
  16. GhostWallker98

GhostWallker98 Active Member

The announcement could be that Ash finally ages and turns 11.

17. LOL yes a major world-exclusive announcement..

Does Galar in the animé count as a major announcement?

Emelie, Kawaii Emolga and CMButch like this.
  18. ash&charizardfan

ash&charizardfan Humanity's greatest soldier

Yeah until you wake up from the dream.

Could be the information about the new series, they generally dont announce when the series is going to end in special announcement.

19. BulleDeChagrin

BulleDeChagrin Lillie best girl

Also, it'll be the 1st of September, so it's not like it's even a full month earlier than the SM announcement, more like half a month. I think it will be a poster for the next series indeed, but nothing too detailed. I'm hyped!

20. RileyXY1

I don't think that they'll announce the new saga unless the league ends in this episode, which I highly doubt will happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.