1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RileyXY1

RileyXY1 Young Battle Trainer

I don't think that they would do that unless it is a major plot point in the Galar anime.

2. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

I know they've spoiled league matches in advance but Ash becoming champion seems too big a bombshell to drop this early

Emelie and mehmeh1 like this.
  3. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "What are yeh looking at. Gimme my booty back."

20 years too late.

4. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

I read the exclusive as something Pokemon related in general. Not necessarily something anime related, though I'd like if they revealed the companions so that discussion can finally end.

5. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

Probably just a basic trailer or the poster for SwSh

6. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

The poster would be nice to get at the end of the episode. Then it could potentially show off a new Pokémon we haven’t seen yet too.

7. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Honestly I bet you TS is gonna try to interrupt the match somehow and that is why Guzma is "undefeated".

8. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

There can't be an interruption here cause the next episode is the final match. Which would mean Ash vs. Guzma will have a winner

Zoruagible likes this.
  9. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

I said try for a reason. Guzma is gonna lose but it says that we find out why he is undefeated and it is totally something TS would do especially since they've been messing with the league from the beginning.

10. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

^ I could honestly see Plumeria sending out her pokemon if anyone in the group was to do so (since if they all did it, a revolt would break out as the Kahuna's and Ash's classmates would probably retaliate) thus causing Guzma to get disqualified, but she would take the heat for the loss to save face for him and he could say Ash didn't "beat" him as a result, hence more reasoning as to why he is "undefeated" because he wasn't fully beaten in battle.

just a theory though.

11. DSDark

DSDark Breeder

That's kind of what I'm wondering. There hasn't been a lot of what I would beginning of the game Pokemon shown. However whatever they show for swsh could just be the starters

12. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Kanae, Keeper of the Gates Emblazoned

The major announcement just turns out to be Impidimp's Ability

13. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

I'd consider that pretty major. I can't sleep at night worrying Impidimp will have a bad ability.

Thumbs2 and Emelie like this.
  14. kickachu

kickachu Momentai!

who do you think will appear on the poster with ash

15. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Assuming it is a poster it could be basically anybody at this point. It could even be existing characters who have decided to accompany ash

16. Shadao

Shadao Champion GETTO DA ZE!

I don't think they'll interrupt. Team Skull genuinely believes that Guzma is undefeatable, which means they don't know why he got that status.

And really, Guzma only got away with Emergency Exit because there was nothing prohibiting him from leaving. He can lie and pretend he's no longer interested in a Pokémon battle to keep his record clean. He can't here. Cheating for Guzma would only magnify the problem, not hide it.

17. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

18. TheScentedApple

TheScentedApple Well-Known Member

Nice to see Pikachu battle here, Torracat hopefully puts up a good fight if they're trying to convince us later that Torracat can beat Incineroar. I wonder if Ash will use Sparking Gigavolt instead of Corkscrew Crash this time

19. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lover of underrated characters

Boo on Pikachu for stealing Torracat's big win. Torracat better get to kick worst Professor's ass at least....

20. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Ash is not going to keep Torracat in against a Water-type, especially when Guzma can't switch.

That we saw Pikachu get bodied tells me he takes a dive here, which leads to Torracat coming out and finishing off Golisopod.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.