• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire_Phoenix

Ash is not going to keep Torracat in against a Water-type, especially when Guzma can't switch.

That we saw Pikachu get bodied tells me he takes a dive here, which leads to Torracat coming out and finishing off Golisopod.

Well, in the preview we can see that Torracat is poisoned so... Beside, this is not the first time Ash do this thing right?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Boo on Pikachu for stealing Torracat's big win. Torracat better get to kick worst Professor's ass at least....
It shouldn't take down both Pokemon and it's not like it won't do some damage towards it.

Have you met ash? He loves using Pokémon that have a type disadvantage

Sometimes he does that. So I wouldn't say he "loves" it.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Sure, but he doesn't do it a majority of the time. So if it's something he doesn't do more often than not, I don't see how it would be something he loves to do.
Ok maybe not love. But using Pokémon with a disadvantage is an ash move. The guy prefers to put faith in the Pokémon more then their typing

IkeBayern

Wow sm136 was pretty good, I mainly liked the story about why Guzma hates losing and seeing his all his non-winner trophies was pretty good, hopefully we see more of why he turned out this way in the next episode..

As for next week’s battle, I still think that Pikachu will finish the battle and beat Golisopod.. Ash will be smart and switch out Torracat before it can actually faint thus winning the match.. I felt sorry for Scizor, it had no chance against that Fire Blast

Guzma may be a coward but it looks like from next week’s preview that he’s not gonna go down in embarrassment and that Golisopod is pretty strong to endure battling against both of Ash’s Pokémon..

Only thing I didn’t like about the episode is the Bewear gag, it’s gotten boring.. We could’ve seen Mimi and Kiawe saying good bye to each other instead of that rubbish lol,

Regardless, these recent episodes have been pretty good and I’m wondering when new info is gonna come out?

Revolver Furious Dragon

Only thing I didn’t like about the episode is the Bewear gag, it’s gotten boring..

That's one of my biggest criticisms of the writers. They do a gag that genuinely gets a chuckle out of me. And then they run that joke into the ground. Using it over and over until it becomes stale and Boring

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So, it seems Torracat won't evolve here, shame. Hopefully we get to see its evolution in Gladion battle or Kukui's. It seems Pika will defeat Golisopod.

DatsRight

Yikes that shot of Pikachu writhing in agony from an attack and Lillie unable to watch. These battles really are rising the intensity one by one.

Guess they did have to up things from how brutal Lana's battle was after all.

wellwellwells

I'm going to say the announcement is going to be a trailer for the Sword/Shield anime.

But the fact that it's being called a "worldwide" announcement could mean a brand new Pokemon reveal.

Maybe it is both? Trailer could maybe focus a companion who owns a not-revealed-yet Pokémon.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yikes that shot of Pikachu writhing in agony from an attack and Lillie unable to watch. These battles really are rising the intensity one by one.

Guess they did have to up things from how brutal Lana's battle was after all.

Judging for the preview, Lillie is over-reacting. Also, Pikachu had been poisoned already.

But they are doing that way to contrast with SM's constant happy-go-lucky setting.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
That's one of my biggest criticisms of the writers. They do a gag that genuinely gets a chuckle out of me. And then they run that joke into the ground. Using it over and over until it becomes stale and Boring

It was still good last week because of the bizarre visual where the robo-Oranguru used snot to flavour berries. But both scenes were recycled this week, to show that Bewear is getting bored. It's clear that Team Rocket's diversion is running on fumes.

DatsRight

It was still good last week because of the bizarre visual where the robo-Oranguru used snot to flavour berries. But both scenes were recycled this week, to show that Bewear is getting bored. It's clear that Team Rocket's diversion is running on fumes.

Yeah they maybe could have done with new footage and gags with robo-Oranguru, but I think it's meant to add intensity. Team Rocket are now clearly trying to cook up a last minute scheme, and now the time is counting down to do so with Bewear not intervening. I suppose they had to do something with their free time since they got ejected from the league after all, just hope they don't butt into an actual match.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Now this is getting exciting. The trailer really makes it look like Guzma’s going to annihilate Ash’s pokémon & I honestly can’t tell who will win!!

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

DatsRight

The trick is we now know Golisopod is a complete 'Paper Tiger', absolutely vicious when dominating but quickly panicking and trying to retreat whenever its opponent starts getting the upper hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.