1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire_Phoenix

Fire_Phoenix Member

Well, in the preview we can see that Torracat is poisoned so... Beside, this is not the first time Ash do this thing right?

Bortgreen likes this.
  2. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Have you met ash? He loves using Pokémon that have a type disadvantage

3. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

It shouldn't take down both Pokemon and it's not like it won't do some damage towards it.

Sometimes he does that. So I wouldn't say he "loves" it.

Spider-Phoenix likes this.
  4. Revolver Furious Dragon

I would. There are plenty of examples of him doing it when much better options are available type wise

mehmeh1 and Spider-Phoenix like this.
  5. playerking

playerking Sick of dealing with idiots.

Sure, but he doesn't do it a majority of the time. So if it's something he doesn't do more often than not, I don't see how it would be something he loves to do.

6. Revolver Furious Dragon

Ok maybe not love. But using Pokémon with a disadvantage is an ash move. The guy prefers to put faith in the Pokémon more then their typing

7. IkeBayern

IkeBayern Well-Known Member

Wow sm136 was pretty good, I mainly liked the story about why Guzma hates losing and seeing his all his non-winner trophies was pretty good, hopefully we see more of why he turned out this way in the next episode..

As for next week’s battle, I still think that Pikachu will finish the battle and beat Golisopod.. Ash will be smart and switch out Torracat before it can actually faint thus winning the match.. I felt sorry for Scizor, it had no chance against that Fire Blast

Guzma may be a coward but it looks like from next week’s preview that he’s not gonna go down in embarrassment and that Golisopod is pretty strong to endure battling against both of Ash’s Pokémon..

Only thing I didn’t like about the episode is the Bewear gag, it’s gotten boring.. We could’ve seen Mimi and Kiawe saying good bye to each other instead of that rubbish lol,

Regardless, these recent episodes have been pretty good and I’m wondering when new info is gonna come out?

8. Revolver Furious Dragon

That's one of my biggest criticisms of the writers. They do a gag that genuinely gets a chuckle out of me. And then they run that joke into the ground. Using it over and over until it becomes stale and Boring

9. RedR

RedR Well-Known Member

I'm going to say the announcement is going to be a trailer for the Sword/Shield anime.

But the fact that it's being called a "worldwide" announcement could mean a brand new Pokemon reveal.

10. CMButch

CMButch Well-Known Member

So, it seems Torracat won't evolve here, shame. Hopefully we get to see its evolution in Gladion battle or Kukui's. It seems Pika will defeat Golisopod.

11. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

Yikes that shot of Pikachu writhing in agony from an attack and Lillie unable to watch. These battles really are rising the intensity one by one.

Guess they did have to up things from how brutal Lana's battle was after all.

12. wellwellwells

wellwellwells Well-Known Member

Maybe it is both? Trailer could maybe focus a companion who owns a not-revealed-yet Pokémon.

13. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Judging for the preview, Lillie is over-reacting. Also, Pikachu had been poisoned already.

But they are doing that way to contrast with SM's constant happy-go-lucky setting.

14. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

It was still good last week because of the bizarre visual where the robo-Oranguru used snot to flavour berries. But both scenes were recycled this week, to show that Bewear is getting bored. It's clear that Team Rocket's diversion is running on fumes.

Spider-Phoenix and Bortgreen like this.
  15. DatsRight

Yeah they maybe could have done with new footage and gags with robo-Oranguru, but I think it's meant to add intensity. Team Rocket are now clearly trying to cook up a last minute scheme, and now the time is counting down to do so with Bewear not intervening. I suppose they had to do something with their free time since they got ejected from the league after all, just hope they don't butt into an actual match.

16. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

Now this is getting exciting. The trailer really makes it look like Guzma’s going to annihilate Ash’s pokémon & I honestly can’t tell who will win!!

17. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

It's Ash. Ash will win.

18. Mr.Munchlax

Mr.Munchlax Thunder Trainer

I thought so, but the clips of Golisopod destroying Torracat & Pikachu say otherwise

19. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

That's probably to build excitement.

20. DatsRight

The trick is we now know Golisopod is a complete 'Paper Tiger', absolutely vicious when dominating but quickly panicking and trying to retreat whenever its opponent starts getting the upper hand.

Shadao likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.