• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Hmmmm. I'm starting to wonder if ash will legitimately beat Guzma. Or if golisopod will refuse to battle out of fear and maybe run from the arena.

Or maybe it could refuse to fight so ash stops his attack. Then golisopod launches a sneak attack while ash's guard is down

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Honestly, I feel like having Gusokumusha ultimately just NOPE out of the fight and refuse to continue battling, leading to Guzma being disqualified, would be the most fitting way for this battle to end. Guzma's been smacktalking everyone ever since she showed up, boasting his own invincibility and refusing to even acknowledge his opponents... While him getting knocked down several pegs is guaranteed to happen regardless of how he is defeated, I can't imagine any way that would be more humiliating to him than "Gusokumusha refuses to battle! Contestant Satoshi wins by default!"

DatsRight

Honestly, I feel like having Gusokumusha ultimately just NOPE out of the fight and refuse to continue battling, leading to Guzma being disqualified, would be the most fitting way for this battle to end. Guzma's been smacktalking everyone ever since she showed up, boasting his own invincibility and refusing to even acknowledge his opponents... While him getting knocked down several pegs is guaranteed to happen regardless of how he is defeated, I can't imagine any way that would be more humiliating to him than "Gusokumusha refuses to battle! Contestant Satoshi wins by default!"

Maybe but I'd love to see a challenging main villain Ash actually legit wins without something doing the job for him. Almost every main tier bad guy that isn't curb stomp-level the twerps need help or a DEM to defeat. It being an official battle would only further support this, to have Ash just legit outdo Guzma.

That said I'm suspicious about Golisopod. I'm starting to wonder if they're foreshadowing it being the Wimpod Ash and Pikachu rescued in the beach episode in season one.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Maybe but I'd love to see a challenging main villain Ash actually legit wins without something doing the job for him. Almost every main tier bad guy that isn't curb stomp-level the twerps need help or a DEM to defeat. It being an official battle would only further support this, to have Ash just legit outdo Guzma.

That said I'm suspicious about Golisopod. I'm starting to wonder if they're foreshadowing it being the Wimpod Ash and Pikachu rescued in the beach episode in season one.
If it is, then I totally called it.

And you know, they already did a slight callback to the Kanto League with Rowlet sleeping being confirmed as being able to battle still. WOuldn't put it past them to give a nod to Charizard's behavior being disqualification material.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

why not give it to Ash after losing if that's the case.

joking aside, Guzma's already lost his composure, so i'm sure to expect brutality from this point forward.

heck looking at Lillie's reaction in the preview, that Leak spoiler that said Torracat was heavily injured to be in the final match, that part might end up being right, unless Ash switches out, but given that Torracat seems to be poisoned i'm thinking it'll go down swinging.

The only thing I don't want to see is Pikachu getting poisoned again, or if it does let Static kick in this time to balance things out.

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
If this battle continues Ash also has a fresh ready to battle Pikachu waiting in the wings.

I just don't see Ash losing. Especially with the way the battle has went thus far. Ash definitely has the advantage right now. There's always that chance that Golisopod could refuse to battle further, but I'm hoping the battle continues. I just wonder if we will see that Golisopod/Pikachu rematch. I've been wanting to see that rematch, but Torracat could very well finish off Golisopod. If Guzma gets swept he will be very humiliated. His reaction to Scizor going down was priceless.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Guzma looked so angry in the preview, and I loved it. It's great to see him lose his arrogant composure since he's been full of himself since his debut, and I still hope that his inevitable loss with humble him a tiny bit.

Master Pikachu 11

Pikachu doesn't need to settle grudge matches. The fact that Golisipod went Emergency Exit on Pikachu tells us that had the battle continued, Pikachu would have won.

The only Pokémon that needs to defeat Golisipod is the one who was denied victory thanks to Emergency Exit within the League itself. After all, what happens when Golisipod can't Emergency Exit?
I told you Pikachu was going to battle, I knew the writers were going to have him in this battle and not let Torracat beat both of Guzma’s Pokémon. I expect Ash to win with 10 million volt thunderbolt.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Guzma looked so angry in the preview, and I loved it. It's great to see him lose his arrogant composure since he's been full of himself since his debut, and I still hope that his inevitable loss with humble him a tiny bit.

I kind of have the feeling that it won't. That he will blame it on his Pokémon

I can see it going both ways. Either his loss starts his character growth. Or he refuses to accept the loss. Calling it his Pokémons loss not his. Claiming he would of won if the Pokémon did what he commanded

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
With Torracat and Pikachu here I hope the final match is Lycanroc, Rowlet, and Meltan (evolving into Melmeltal).

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
why not give it to Ash after losing if that's the case.

joking aside, Guzma's already lost his composure, so i'm sure to expect brutality from this point forward.

heck looking at Lillie's reaction in the preview, that Leak spoiler that said Torracat was heavily injured to be in the final match, that part might end up being right, unless Ash switches out, but given that Torracat seems to be poisoned i'm thinking it'll go down swinging.

The only thing I don't want to see is Pikachu getting poisoned again, or if it does let Static kick in this time to balance things out.
If not even Golisopod brutally attacking Primarina made her shocked like that it's because there is some serious thing happening

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I like the way pikachu kinda spins to use iron tail

Leonhart

Imagineer
WaterShuriken said:
With Torracat and Pikachu here I hope the final match is Lycanroc, Rowlet, and Meltan (evolving into Melmeltal).

Meltan evolving during this battle has always seemed like something that would happen from my perspective, not even counting the supposed rumors that leaked a while back. Meltan hasn't had a major chance to shine in the Alola League other than against Sauboh, but that battle was pretty mediocre. So it evolving against Gladio feels like something that would happen.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
For now the leak is still possible
I wasn't expecting that

Torracat probably fainting vs Guzma, Meltan not evolving yet, TRio planning something, people in social media or forums acknowledging Meltan can indeed eat Silvally's drive...
Some things already looked possible, but wow

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It's the finals. Ash is obviously using pikachu.

I know it should be obvious but I'm hoping for a surprise shake-up.
-
I hope that this is a 3 vs 3.

Gladion starts of with Lycanroc and seeing that, so does Ash.
Turns out to be Zoroark. Lycanroc uses the Z-Move and KO's Zoroark but is severely weakened.

Gladion sends out the real Lycanroc and Ash's Lycanroc is too mad at being tricked that it WANTS to stay. Gladion uses that and KO's Lycanroc.

Ash takes a page from Gladion and sends out Rowlet. A Pokémon that Gladion has yet to battle and it starts to even out the match. Gladion observes that Rowlet's Feather Dance is just Substitute.

Rowlet vs Lycanroc ends in a tie as Seed Bomb hits Lycaroc as a Stone Edge his Rowlet.

Episode ends with Gladion sending out Silvally and Ash's Meltan falling into battlefield as his last Pokémon much to him and Pikachu's surprise.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
So a 4v4 or 3v3? Either way I think Rowlet will sit out.
I think last one is 3 on 3.
Pikachu, Lycanroc and third one either Meltan or Torracat. I hope it's Torracat so it can evolve, but honestly I don't think it's happening.

I know it should be obvious but I'm hoping for a surprise shake-up.
-
I hope that this is a 3 vs 3.

Gladion starts of with Lycanroc and seeing that, so does Ash.
Turns out to be Zoroark. Lycanroc uses the Z-Move and KO's Zoroark but is severely weakened.

Gladion sends out the real Lycanroc and Ash's Lycanroc is too mad at being tricked that it WANTS to stay. Gladion uses that and KO's Lycanroc.

Ash takes a page from Gladion and sends out Rowlet. A Pokémon that Gladion has yet to battle and it starts to even out the match. Gladion observes that Rowlet's Feather Dance is just Substitute.

Rowlet vs Lycanroc ends in a tie as Seed Bomb hits Lycaroc as a Stone Edge his Rowlet.

Episode ends with Gladion sending out Silvally and Ash's Meltan falling into battlefield as his last Pokémon much to him and Pikachu's surprise.
For me that would honestly cement this league as the worst ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.