1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

They could have it be 3v1 like Nanu had against Ash, except Ash would have the number advantage this time.

wolf jani likes this.
  2. GarchompChain

GarchompChain Well-Known Member

Oh right, sorry about that.

I don't actually consider the exhibition match a part of the league.

3. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

If Ash loses to Gladion it's not going to be in the Lycanroc showdown, the match will likely be 2v2 or 3v3, Lycanroc will get its revenge but Pikachu ultimately loses to either Silvally or Zoroark. That's how it always goes, the Mon that loses the league is always either Pikachu or someone REALLY special who the audience is already convinced as being top tier regardless, so far only Charizard and Greninja have gotten the "honour".

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  4. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

To me, it isn't a good look to have your newly minted Champion job 1-3 or 1-6 to a pro wrestler.

1v1, whatever.

I know there are examples like Brock Lesnar who could do MMA and pro wrestling, but it's really counter intuitive.

Lycanroc is this region's ace.

Following in the footsteps of Greninja, he's going to go 0-3 against Ash's main rival.

wolf jani likes this.
  5. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, Hassam is the one that lost to Nyaheat. Was my wording too confusing?

EDIT: Reworded it a bit, hopefully it's clearer now.

6. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

No, there's confusion as to whether the match is 2v2, or a 1v1 that becomes a 2v2 or a 2v1 after Emergency Exit.

From your summary it sounds like Golisopod was beaten up by Torracat, had its ability activate, and then Torracat beat Scizor.

There's been precedent for a combatant turning a 1v1 into a 2v2 in this series. So how this match is structured isn't clear.

wolf jani likes this.
  7. Hanto

Hanto Water Addiction

That battle already seems more interesting than final one versus Gladion.

KenzeyEevee likes this.
  8. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Okay, I’m hyped, Mukuroh’s fight was great and especially character packed so I can’t wait to see Nyaheat bring down a Hassam that took out Illima’s Mega Pokemon, a Jyaranranga, as well as that monster of a Gosokumusha that destroyed Pikachu and Ashirene. A type disadvantage fight just screams evolution in my eyes especially against a villainous Pokemon and Gaogeon being portrayed as a Heel Pokemon.

He still needs to finish something with Dynamic Full Flame at least so I look forward to Satoshi debuting it and shocking everyone, that Z-Crystal came from the past too. And once again had a heart attack thinking the title was spelling out Satoshi’s elimination. Interesting that the summary makes it seem like Gosokumusha leaves the battle of its own choice.

Maybe a catalyst for Guzma’s development and understanding his Pokemon better?

TheWanderingMist and wolf jani like this.
  9. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

All I can say to ash vs Grumza is good luck trying to top ash vs sawyer.

mehmeh1 and KenzeyEevee like this.
  10. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Wasn't expecting new episode titles so soon. Anyway I'm glad this is at least 2 vs. 2. Wonder if Pikachu lost to Goliosopod

Kawaii Emolga and wolf jani like this.
  11. TobyH2003

TobyH2003 Member

The idea that Guzma sees Kukui in Ash will be made even worse for Guzma since Ash is using Torracat, due to Kukui having one at some point

12. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Samayo Kiri, Keeper of the Gates Ethereal

The worst part for Guzma is that he can't run like he did with Kukui and Hala, since it would be broadcast on national television, and he'll also outright lose in front of all his underlings who think he's truly unbeatable, and since that's really the only thing keeping Team Skull together, an invincible boss figure, they're not going to survive as a group much longer. His arrogance has trapped him in a situation where he cannot even retreat.

13. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 ^Probably Steven Universe?

While not exactly new, Ash never used counter against Gladion

14. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Torracat battles! Ok now the League isn’t terrible : )

15. Remix2

Remix2 Well-Known Member

The writers finally realize that yes ash has a torracat and are actually doing something with it.

Kawaii Emolga, wolf jani and Ignition like this.
  16. Ignition

Ignition Champion SZN

Exactly. I’m finally excited for the League

wolf jani likes this.
  17. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

actually there is technically one way out for Guzma to save face.

If Ash wins via usage of a Z-move (especially if the pikashnium-z makes an appearance) his subordinates will likely call Ash out as a cheater as they have been for the entire series.

The only way for Guzma to truly "lose it all" is for Ash to beat him without resorting to a Z-move at all, but we all know that's probably not going to happen.

wolf jani likes this.
  18. Jangobadass

Jangobadass The Coolest Character int he Worst Series

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess this will be the end of Team Skull...
    (good riddance)

mehmeh1 likes this.
  19. p96822

p96822 Evolve me please

What do you mean that it was character packed? Rowlet didn’t learn anything as a character. It learned a new move then took it down. Plus even if Ash’s Torracat taking down Scizor doesn’t mean anything. Guzma used a work around to defeat Mega Kangaskhan. It not like Kangaskhan has a fire move to deal with Scizor

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  20. DuquÊ?

DuquÊ? Too lazy to pick a pic

I'm totally not against an "old school" fight without z-moves, in fact, I prefer it. I don't think it would be a problem for Ash, since he got dependent of the gimmick. But, the situation is kinda a stalemate.

Fighting using Z-moves, Guzma and his peers will call that BS. Fighting without z-moves is basically give Guzma what he wanted to get on Kukui's and Hala's skins. Whatever is happening, let's hope Ash can knock some sense on "mah boi"'s head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.