• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
....I don’t understand why people feel the need to be openly malicious

Anyway I’m still betting Ash ain’t winning this sorry
I still think Ash can win this because this league is not as important as other leagues.I mean when is league that TR and Principal can enter as important as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos? Lol.
Leagues > Alola league > Don tournaments. In terms on importance.Battle Frontier is more important and Ash won that.

Sham

The Guardian of War
I still think Ash can win this because this league is not as important as other leagues.I mean when is league that TR and Principal can enter as important as Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos? Lol.
Leagues > Alola league > Don tournaments. In terms on importance.Battle Frontier is more important and Ash won that.
Yeah but like completing the BF didn’t disrupt the overall story arc to where people can say “he won a league”. A league is still a league so him winning means this is the first league he’s won. And you know with these writers they never want to see that. I will say that him winning does seem the mostly likely though out of the seven generations due to the things you listened etc.

IkeBayern

The Alola league in its current form is no different than a backyard brawl atm

Letting every single classmate enter the tournament plus letting them advancing to the TOP 16 turned this into a glorified Pokémon school tournament which means there’s gonna be a lotta boring and amateurish battles in the early rounds..

I would say that him losing in the Alola League would be MORE embarrassing than losing in another region and would be a step in the wrong direction!

Apart from the horrendously rushed Unova league, every single opponent that he lost to was either slightly stronger than him, a bit more experienced or had a bunch of legendaries with them..

The fact that this is a very low standard tournament , Ash should have enough experience by now to win a small-time league, this would also finally ends the meme of the TWERP being a perennial loser and they use his league victory as a further way to develop his character in the future, maybe even in Galar..

Eventually at some point towards the end of the anime Ash will win a major regional league of some significance, it depends on how many more generations of Pokémon the company is willing to go on for before they decide to call it quits!

Ash will progress further and further until he’s able to face the champion, losing at some point in the Elite 4 each time.. Idk how many times he’ll be stuck in that cycle but I don’t think he’ll beat the the Elite 4 on his first try..

Once he breaks through, he wins the Pokémon league of some new region and faces the Elite 4 and Champion of that region and wins it all or he goes back to Kanto and fulfills the ultimate dream by becoming Champion of his home region!

This would end the series on a high note and give a definite end to Ash’s story as the protagonist of the Pokémon anime..

This is Ash’s character progression imo:

Win filler league
Complete Battle Frontier challenge
Win small scale regional league
Win a major regional league
Beat the Elite 4
Face the champion and win it all!

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Ash winning the league would mean squat if Masked Kukui beats him in the exhibition match.

It would only demean the title and have everyone think Masked Kukui is the real champion because, just as you all saw with Aria, having your own fanbase blowing your simple walking out of proportion like the second coming of Jeebus means a lot more than real effort.

...And even then, I highly doubt Ash will ever bring up Alola at all.

D

Deleted member 384931

I mean it is the first league, in Alola it will get better next time there is an Aloloan League

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I mean it is the first league, in Alola it will get better next time there is an Aloloan League

Even for the first league there needed to be some standards like winning minimum of 2 z crystals. It can only get better if kukui brings some regulations and standards for this.

But it doesn't help Ash towards his goal, which apparently only winning a league (and a "true one" at that) can do.

which is a problem, because Pokémon were created to battle each other, this slice of life format is hurting the show more than helping and needs to go away come sword and shield, cause that is not what a show of this genre should be about, another problem is that most battles this series are determined by Z-moves (I said most before anyone brings up Rowlet vs Decidueye) and weather or someone can take one or not, cause generally when both people are using Z-moves, whoever fires off first and fails to win with it(unless you have a double failure like the previous match), is the one to lose.

Rival characters alone should not be the only ones to push Ash to his limits.

The Kahuna's should've pushed him to the limit as well, but none of them could really do that, not even Nanu despite his cheating since Tapu Bulu gave Lycanroc a berry to circumvent the unfair rules of the battle.

From what we know, it sounds like the champions league is it's own thing that champions and tournament winners are allowed to enter, however since Alola seems to be doing it's own thing, I doubt winning would get Ash in since there is no established connection between alola and other regions.

Besides If your going to do something, do it right. I still feel like Kakui doesn't know all the details of what a league entails (partially Ash's fault in that time travel episode), and I personally do not approve of how the alola league tournament is being done, plus we've already got major controversy following last week's episode, so even if Ash wins it'll feel tainted in the eyes of some, I don't care about that "Call" but I know others do.
You don't know what the Champions league is. It's simply the winner of the league challenging the Elite 4 and the Champion.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Even for the first league there needed to be some standards like winning minimum of 2 z crystals. It can only get better if kukui brings some regulations and standards for this.
The standard for this League was getting through a Battle Royal where nearly every other Trainer was out to get you. 151 Trainers was just a reference, not the limit to the number of Trainers. This round will get harder and harder to pass as more and more people sign up, which they undoubtedly will after seeing the first one. Which also means no one getting through it has things like Kanto's so-called "pity" Badges, or Volkner's "Here, just take one" Badges.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Yeah but like completing the BF didn’t disrupt the overall story arc to where people can say “he won a league”. A league is still a league so him winning means this is the first league he’s won. And you know with these writers they never want to see that. I will say that him winning does seem the mostly likely though out of the seven generations due to the things you listened etc.
Well Orange League is still a league and he won that, so he can win Alola league.
KJHSUK leagues > BF > Alola League > Orange League.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
The standard for this League was getting through a Battle Royal where nearly every other Trainer was out to get you. 151 Trainers was just a reference, not the limit to the number of Trainers. This round will get harder and harder to pass as more and more people sign up, which they undoubtedly will after seeing the first one. Which also means no one getting through it has things like Kanto's so-called "pity" Badges, or Volkner's "Here, just take one" Badges.
James got through the Battle Royale by doing absolutely nothing

TheWanderingMist

James got through the Battle Royale by doing absolutely nothing
I mean, it's not a flawless system, but the again, nothing is. The League wasn't doing anything about Misty's sisters or Volkner, and at least this way, you can see who's getting through with strength and who's getting through with strategy. Outlasting the opponent is a valid tactic, especially for someone who uses a Mareanie.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I mean, it's not a flawless system, but the again, nothing is. The League wasn't doing anything about Misty's sisters or Volkner, and at least this way, you can see who's getting through with strength and who's getting through with strategy. Outlasting the opponent is a valid tactic, especially for someone who uses a Mareanie.
There's a difference between outlasting your opponent and literally running around doing nothing

Lunanight

But this league had ZERO standards. You mention the Battle Royal, but almost all of those 151 trainers were unskilled kids with like 1 Pokemon ever, who had never even battled a Kahuna, let alone beat one, let alone beating all four of them. And the Kahunas are at best average or even below average gym leaders given how weak Ash's Alola team was. When you have the likes of Jessie, James, and all the SM companions aside from Kiawe in the Alola League, the bar was basically non-existent. The only trainers with any skill whatsoever in the Alola League is Ash, Gladion, Guzma, and to a lesser extent Kiawe and Hau. The rest are all fodder. Having 150 other trainers out to get you means nothing if at least 135 of them would get dominated by an average gym leader, let alone even the weakest of legitimate league competitors.

How many of those 151 do you think could beat ANY of the average gym leaders from a past region, let alone the top-tier gym leaders like Volkner or Wulfric? Fantina would beat everyone in the Alola League aside from Ash, Guzma, Gladion, and maybe Kiawe and Hau, and she wasn't even the strongest Sinnoh gym leader. The average gym leader would curbstomp at least 135 of those 151 competitors with little difficulty, and would comfortably beat anyone outside of the Alola League's semi-finalists (and maybe Hau). Keep in mind, I've only ever mentioned the average gym leaders + Fantina/Volkner. Someone like Volkner or Wulfric (even without Mega Abomasnow) would beat everyone aside from SM Ash/Gladion, and if we count Mega Evolution, Wulfric probably could beat SM Ash or Gladion.

Even Kanto Ash with his 5 pity badges (I'd say 6 pity badges given he was handed the Blaine battle without needing to battle Blaine in another 3v3) would beat anyone in the Alola League aside from Guzma, Gladion, and maybe Kiawe. Same goes for Unova Ash. BF/DP/XY Ash would curbstomp everyone in the Alola League without question. Either Pikachu, Sceptile, Base Greninja (let alone Ash-Greninja), or Infernape would be enough to solo the Alola League. As for Volkner's badges, the likes of Barry would still pretty easily beat anyone in the Alola League 1v1 aside from SM Ash, Guzma, or Gladion. As much as people harp on about Kanto's pity badges, Kanto Ash still had a stronger team than anyone outside of the Alola League's semi-finals. Even the Furfrou guy from XY with his seven Kalos badges would certainly beat everyone in the Alola League except the semi-finalists and Hau. Even Astrid's nerfed Mega Absol as it was shown in the Kalos League is far stronger than any Alola League Pokemon not belonging to one of the semi-finalists. After all, basically everyone who lost before the semi-finals except Hau is weaker than a slightly-above average gym leader (i.e. Fantina/Clemont) and would get steamrolled by a competent gym leader (e.g. Juan, whose ace Milotic is at best slightly better than as Ash's Glalie).

TL;DR: You overestimate the challenge of the Battle Royal. Almost all of the 151 trainers were weak trainers, Ash's non-Kiawe companions included. Nobody in the Alola League would stand a chance against an decent gym leader except for the semi-finalists and Hau. Everyone else in the Alola League would lose to said gym leader, and would need a Z-Move just to not get completely stomped.

Last edited:

TheWanderingMist

But this league had ZERO standards. You mention the Battle Royal, but almost all of those 151 trainers were unskilled kids with like 1 Pokemon ever, who had never even battled a Kahuna, let alone beat one, let alone beating all four of them. And the Kahunas are at best average or even below average gym leaders given how weak Ash's Alola team was. When you have the likes of Jessie, James, and all the SM companions aside from Kiawe in the Alola League, the bar was basically non-existent. The only trainers with any skill whatsoever in the Alola League is Ash, Gladion, Guzma, and to a lesser extent Kiawe and Hau. The rest are all fodder. Having 150 other trainers out to get you means nothing if at least 135 of them would get dominated by an average gym leader, let alone even the weakest of legitimate league competitors.

How many of those 151 do you think could beat ANY of the average gym leaders from a past region, let alone the top-tier gym leaders like Volkner or Wulfric? Fantina would beat everyone in the Alola League aside from Ash, Guzma, Gladion, and maybe Kiawe and Hau, and she wasn't even the strongest Sinnoh gym leader. The average gym leader would curbstomp at least 135 of those 151 competitors with little difficulty, and would comfortably beat anyone outside of the Alola League's semi-finalists (and maybe Hau). Keep in mind, I've only ever mentioned the average gym leaders + Fantina/Volkner. Someone like Volkner or Wulfric (even without Mega Abomasnow) would beat everyone aside from SM Ash/Gladion, and if we count Mega Evolution, Wulfric probably could beat SM Ash or Gladion.

Even Kanto Ash with his 5 pity badges (I'd say 6 pity badges given he was handed the Blaine battle without needing to battle Blaine in another 3v3) would beat anyone in the Alola League aside from Guzma, Gladion, and maybe Kiawe. Same goes for Unova Ash. BF/DP/XY Ash would curbstomp everyone in the Alola League without question. Either Pikachu, Sceptile, Base Greninja (let alone Ash-Greninja), or Infernape would be enough to solo the Alola League. As for Volkner's badges, the likes of Barry would still pretty easily beat anyone in the Alola League 1v1 aside from SM Ash, Guzma, or Gladion. As much as people harp on about Kanto's pity badges, Kanto Ash still had a stronger team than anyone outside of the Alola League's semi-finals. Even the Furfrou guy from XY with his seven Kalos badges would certainly beat everyone in the Alola League except the semi-finalists and Hau. Even Astrid's nerfed Mega Absol as it was shown in the Kalos League is far stronger than any Alola League Pokemon not belonging to one of the semi-finalists. After all, basically everyone who lost before the semi-finals except Hau is weaker than a slightly-above average gym leader (i.e. Fantina/Clemont) and would get steamrolled by a competent gym leader (e.g. Juan, whose ace Milotic is at best slightly better than as Ash's Glalie).

TL;DR: You overestimate the challenge of the Battle Royal. Almost all of the 151 trainers were weak trainers, Ash's non-Kiawe companions included. Nobody in the Alola League would stand a chance against an decent gym leader except for the semi-finalists and Hau. Everyone else in the Alola League would lose to said gym leader, and would need a Z-Move just to not get completely stomped.
Making assumption on top of assumption on top of assumption is absolutely meaningless. You're calling them unskilled kids when both Acerola and Kahili were involved and that was just characters we knew. You overestimate the challenge of Gyms.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Remind me who that is?

one of the sinnoh e4 members, Cynthia also mentioned the champions league, and Trip did too during Unova.

Can we just agree this universe's region has a very low standard for battles that it pretends it's a huge deal everyone takes so seriously or something.

I'm going to assume that your only referring to alola here, because battles have been prevalent in all other regions.

Regardless after tomorrow's episode we'll have a better idea of what Golispod is bringing to the table attack wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.