• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I'm pretty sure the exhibition match is going to be a 1x1 against Masked Royal, because Masked Royal hasn't been seen with any other Pokemon except Incineroar. And the reason that Incineroar is so strong is Kukui overleveled it as his starter.

I know the opening shows Pikachu vs. Incineroar, but I can't imagine it being a 6x1 so Pikachu and Torracat both gets reps in. That would be really ridiculous for a Pokemon battle. Even the ring matches where Incineroar knocked out Decidueye, Primarina and Machamp was partially intended as an over-the-top joke.
They could have it be 3v1 like Nanu had against Ash, except Ash would have the number advantage this time.

It would if it's used against Gladion. But, for the match with the Masked Royal, he would have to give a Pokemon a second battle as he's already used all of his Pokemon at least once, unless he calls Poipole back and uses it against Masked Royal.
Oh right, sorry about that.

I don't actually consider the exhibition match a part of the league.

Rohanator

If Ash loses to Gladion it's not going to be in the Lycanroc showdown, the match will likely be 2v2 or 3v3, Lycanroc will get its revenge but Pikachu ultimately loses to either Silvally or Zoroark. That's how it always goes, the Mon that loses the league is always either Pikachu or someone REALLY special who the audience is already convinced as being top tier regardless, so far only Charizard and Greninja have gotten the "honour".

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
To me, it isn't a good look to have your newly minted Champion job 1-3 or 1-6 to a pro wrestler.

1v1, whatever.

I know there are examples like Brock Lesnar who could do MMA and pro wrestling, but it's really counter intuitive.

If Ash loses to Gladion it's not going to be in the Lycanroc showdown, the match will likely be 2v2 or 3v3, Lycanroc will get its revenge but Pikachu ultimately loses to either Silvally or Zoroark. That's how it always goes, the Mon that loses the league is always either Pikachu or someone REALLY special who the audience is already convinced as being top tier regardless, so far only Charizard and Greninja have gotten the "honour".

Lycanroc is this region's ace.

Following in the footsteps of Greninja, he's going to go 0-3 against Ash's main rival.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Yeah, Hassam is the one that lost to Nyaheat. Was my wording too confusing?

No, there's confusion as to whether the match is 2v2, or a 1v1 that becomes a 2v2 or a 2v1 after Emergency Exit.

From your summary it sounds like Golisopod was beaten up by Torracat, had its ability activate, and then Torracat beat Scizor.

There's been precedent for a combatant turning a 1v1 into a 2v2 in this series. So how this match is structured isn't clear.

Hanto

Water Addiction
That battle already seems more interesting than final one versus Gladion.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Okay, I’m hyped, Mukuroh’s fight was great and especially character packed so I can’t wait to see Nyaheat bring down a Hassam that took out Illima’s Mega Pokemon, a Jyaranranga, as well as that monster of a Gosokumusha that destroyed Pikachu and Ashirene. A type disadvantage fight just screams evolution in my eyes especially against a villainous Pokemon and Gaogeon being portrayed as a Heel Pokemon.

He still needs to finish something with Dynamic Full Flame at least so I look forward to Satoshi debuting it and shocking everyone, that Z-Crystal came from the past too. And once again had a heart attack thinking the title was spelling out Satoshi’s elimination. Interesting that the summary makes it seem like Gosokumusha leaves the battle of its own choice.

Maybe a catalyst for Guzma’s development and understanding his Pokemon better?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The worst part for Guzma is that he can't run like he did with Kukui and Hala, since it would be broadcast on national television, and he'll also outright lose in front of all his underlings who think he's truly unbeatable, and since that's really the only thing keeping Team Skull together, an invincible boss figure, they're not going to survive as a group much longer. His arrogance has trapped him in a situation where he cannot even retreat.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Lycanroc has no new tricks to use against Gladion. It used everything it had before and failed rather spectacularly. Unless it somehow learns a new move, it'll have the same result as all those Greninja v. Charizard battles in XY.
While not exactly new, Ash never used counter against Gladion

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
The worst part for Guzma is that he can't run like he did with Kukui and Hala, since it would be broadcast on national television, and he'll also outright lose in front of all his underlings who think he's truly unbeatable, and since that's really the only thing keeping Team Skull together, an invincible boss figure, they're not going to survive as a group much longer. His arrogance has trapped him in a situation where he cannot even retreat.

actually there is technically one way out for Guzma to save face.

If Ash wins via usage of a Z-move (especially if the pikashnium-z makes an appearance) his subordinates will likely call Ash out as a cheater as they have been for the entire series.

The only way for Guzma to truly "lose it all" is for Ash to beat him without resorting to a Z-move at all, but we all know that's probably not going to happen.

p96822

Evolve me please
Okay, I’m hyped, Mukuroh’s fight was great and especially character packed so I can’t wait to see Nyaheat bring down a Hassam that took out Illima’s Mega Pokemon, a Jyaranranga, as well as that monster of a Gosokumusha that destroyed Pikachu and Ashirene. A type disadvantage fight just screams evolution in my eyes especially against a villainous Pokemon and Gaogeon being portrayed as a Heel Pokemon.

He still needs to finish something with Dynamic Full Flame at least so I look forward to Satoshi debuting it and shocking everyone, that Z-Crystal came from the past too. And once again had a heart attack thinking the title was spelling out Satoshi’s elimination. Interesting that the summary makes it seem like Gosokumusha leaves the battle of its own choice.

Maybe a catalyst for Guzma’s development and understanding his Pokemon better?

What do you mean that it was character packed? Rowlet didn’t learn anything as a character. It learned a new move then took it down. Plus even if Ash’s Torracat taking down Scizor doesn’t mean anything. Guzma used a work around to defeat Mega Kangaskhan. It not like Kangaskhan has a fire move to deal with Scizor

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
actually there is technically one way out for Guzma to save face.

If Ash wins via usage of a Z-move (especially if the pikashnium-z makes an appearance) his subordinates will likely call Ash out as a cheater as they have been for the entire series.

The only way for Guzma to truly "lose it all" is for Ash to beat him without resorting to a Z-move at all, but we all know that's probably not going to happen.
I'm totally not against an "old school" fight without z-moves, in fact, I prefer it. I don't think it would be a problem for Ash, since he got dependent of the gimmick. But, the situation is kinda a stalemate.

Fighting using Z-moves, Guzma and his peers will call that BS. Fighting without z-moves is basically give Guzma what he wanted to get on Kukui's and Hala's skins. Whatever is happening, let's hope Ash can knock some sense on "mah boi"'s head.

Status
Not open for further replies.