• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 1st: SM137 - Guzma the Undefeated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
The 10 million volt thunderbolt is basically the Alolan Orange Shuriken finisher. The only difference being if this time it grants Ash victory
And it was shown at least two times before and teased one or another time

The orange shuriken just came out of nowhere and had no real point since it failed

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
So there was more footage for this episode but I saw it on Twitter so I’ll just give a breakdown without actually linking to it

Torracat gets poisoned by Golisopod’s Poison Jab
There’s a flashback to Guzma punching the ground in frustration with Golisopod. Seems to be a continuation/different perspective of the flashback Kukui was talking about in the first episode of the League Arc
After losing, Plumeria and the rest of Skull start to talk to him. He starts to walk away but soon starts smiling and running with the rest of TS following right behind him

Revolver Furious Dragon

So there was more footage for this episode but I saw it on Twitter so I’ll just give a breakdown without actually linking to it

Torracat gets poisoned by Golisopod’s Poison Jab
There’s a flashback to Guzma punching the ground in frustration with Golisopod. Seems to be a continuation/different perspective of the flashback Kukui was talking about in the first episode of the League Arc
After losing, Plumeria and the rest of Skull start to talk to him. He starts to walk away but soon starts smiling and running with the rest of TS following right behind him

Well that sounds ominous. Maybe he does try to disrupt the League. Heck that could be how meltan evolves. Team skull tries something before the final match and ash and co fight them off, with meltan evolving in the process.

Revolver Furious Dragon

It’s a good smile not a “I have something up my sleeve” smile

Ah ok. Maybe he is ok with losing then and accepts his place. or plumeria hits him in the head for planning to start something and it's his I have a concussion smile

Then again he could still be planning something. He might have a nice happy smile because disruption of the league would be fun and make him happy

Red and Blue

Well at least he took his loss well if that's what his smile is implying. Hopefully he sticks around for the final match

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Hopefully that doesn't mean he's clocking out.

"I'MMA DESTROY THE LEAGUE!"

*loses*

"Ah well. Later, suckerz."

Nah, it was much more a...
...redemption smile. Let's just say battle with Ash predictably had a positive effect on him, if the spoiler pics are any indication. Also, Plumeria's blushing. I think that, with no Lusamine in the mix, they had to emphasize Plumeria is the Burnet to Guzma's Kukui.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Nah, it was much more a...
...redemption smile. Let's just say battle with Ash predictably had a positive effect on him, if the spoiler pics are any indication (cues to flashback, with kid Guzma being basically a white haired Ash). Also, Plumeria's blushing. I think that, with no Lusamine in the mix, they had to emphasize Plumeria is the Burnet to Guzma's Kukui.

Called it. Classic "Battling Ash changes them" cliche

Beats Guzma being carted off to jail like a generic goon though... poor Ghetsis

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
But see "Dennis" (I still don't know why he have this fan nickname) and Colress in a police van was legitimately one of the few things in BW that gave me a chuckle.

I do just correct one thing:

The kid Guzma pic I saw were just a photoshop, but the other spoilers are true. I do appreciate the touching moment between Guzma with Plumeira and the grunts.

Red and Blue

As an added bonus it'd be nice if Guzma and Plumeria were the ones to foil the Rocket trio's attempt at interruption.

Unless Bewear beats them to it

Ignition

But see "Dennis" (I still don't know why he have this fan nickname) and Colress in a police van was legitimately one of the few things in BW that gave me a chuckle.

I do just correct one thing:

The kid Guzma pic I saw were just a photoshop, but the other spoilers are true. I do appreciate the touching moment between Guzma with Plumeira and the grunts.
Dennis is because the vocals in his theme sound like they’re saying Dennis

Woppiiee

As expected. I wonder if Kukui and Guzma will talk after the battle
I think Kukui / Hala might try to bring him back to the write path and most probably Team Skull getting disbanded! But in that case Guzma will be doing island challenges and get a Z-Ring of his own which could make him the most OP Trainer in Alola cause he's surely one of the strongest trainers even without Z-Moves

Leonhart

Imagineer
Guzma's apparent change of heart is somewhat vexing since he was being built up as a threatening character throughout the Alola League, although him accepting his loss is the most fitting conclusion I suppose given that the anime tends to water-down characters' emotions at the flip of a switch.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Ironically enough Guzma is the first evil boss Satoshi has fought in a straight-up battle. His good boy energy saving Guzma and restoring his smile is actually kind of sweet...I mean I liked Guzma for being a bad to the bone peace of crap but he was never evil simply hurt and confused. This is the most fitting end for him. Plus I don’t want him dead/jailed like the other team leaders. Fitting ending for him I suppose, now onward to Gladion since he’s the more fitting league finish and actually a healthy and honest characters for a finish.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Ironically enough Guzma is the first evil boss Satoshi has fought in a straight-up battle. His good boy energy saving Guzma and restoring his smile is actually kind of sweet...I mean I liked Guzma for being a bad to the bone peace of crap but he was never evil simply hurt and confused. This is the most fitting end for him. Plus I don’t want him dead/jailed like the other team leaders. Fitting ending for him I suppose, now onward to Gladion since he’s the more fitting league finish and actually a healthy and honest characters for a finish.
He also fought Lysandre in the TF arc

Ignition

Does Ash vs Giovanni in BW not count because it was relatively short? Genuine question

Status
Not open for further replies.