• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 20th: PM2019 038 - The Colossal Restoration and the Fossil Pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'm going to assume you meant the one Ash fought in OS. If so, why would that be the one? We've see other Aerodactyl in the show.

still amuses me in general how Aerodactyl was at first a pokemon you'd want to avoid due to it's carnivore instincts, then by the time of Kalos we have one under the command of Trevor of all people.

Icy-Snowflake

By the way, is it clear enough that the title is supposed to have two words that sound kind of alike in it (colossal and fossil)? Wasn't sure exactly how to best handle that bit.
I had a doubt, does it mean the restoration is huge? If I'm not wrong, colossal means huge.

I'm going to assume you meant the one Ash fought in OS. If so, why would that be the one? We've see other Aerodactyl in the show.
Yes that one. It would be cool if Ash manage to revenge against the Aerodactyl who caught him by catching it. However that Aerodactyl is not the one in this episode.

The consensus is Goh will catch this one but I won't be surprised if the writer make a u-turn.

Last edited:

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
"romanticism" for a fossil digging activity lmao what
For a 10-year-old boy, dinosaurs are amazing, so I say it's appropriate.

Master Pikachu 11

Well I will admit that I was wrong about Aerodactyl being a wild Pokémon and that Ash battles it and that it will indeed end up with Goh. However, I am still hopeful that Ash will hopefully capture a fossil in this series and I hope that Goh doesn’t end up with all of them. I really want that gigantic awesome T-Rex. I also wouldn’t mind Aurorus but if the staff sticks with XY anime rule that they established, then obviously he nor Goh will get it. Anyway, it would be awesome if the writers could make it happen and give Ash his first fossil Pokémon

diakyu

For a 10-year-old boy, dinosaurs are amazing, so I say it's appropriate.
Actually, when you frame it from that perspective it makes a lot more sense. Really caught me off guard when I read the summary lol

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
"romanticism" for a fossil digging activity lmao what

"Roman" as in the archaeologist from episode 14? Probably not.

Well I will admit that I was wrong about Aerodactyl being a wild Pokémon and that Ash battles it and that it will indeed end up with Goh. However, I am still hopeful that Ash will hopefully capture a fossil in this series and I hope that Goh doesn’t end up with all of them. I really want that gigantic awesome T-Rex. I also wouldn’t mind Aurorus but if the staff sticks with XY anime rule that they established, then obviously he nor Goh will get it. Anyway, it would be awesome if the writers could make it happen and give Ash his first fossil Pokémon

Ash gets Aurorus the most beautiful fossil, Goh gets Dracovish the fossil with beauty on the inside... maybe...

Seriously though, I do wonder how they will tackle Pokemon that the lab doesn't seem equipped or suitable to deal with? Climate restrictions on pokemon like Aurorus, space restrictions on pokemon like Wailord, danger of being eaten restrictions on pokemon like Alcremie.

Well I will admit that I was wrong about Aerodactyl being a wild Pokémon and that Ash battles it and that it will indeed end up with Goh.
Why wrong? It can still happen, in the anime, newly revived fossil pokemon are wild before they are captured in pokeball. Ash can still battle it before Goh catch it.

If the writer want, they can even make Chloe catch it... lol

Master Pikachu 11

Why wrong? It can still happen, in the anime, newly revived fossil pokemon are wild before they are captured in pokeball. Ash can still battle it before Goh catch it.

If the writer want, they can even make Chloe catch it... lol
The summary mentions Goh the most and that he finds the fossil so it makes more sense for him to get it.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Romanticism could mean love for art/literature/history/nature (something like the Romantic era?), since it's museum where they go first.

In Japan, romanticism is heavily associated with the emotional intensity of adventure and discovery, which is what the intended meaning here is. Fossils tend to be associated with romanticism a lot in childrens' media because, as Lolipiece said, kids think dinosaurs are REALLY awesome.

Last edited:

TomRC121991

I hope Ash will dig some fossils rather then Old Amber because Ash hasn't got any fossil Pokémon for a long year.

diakyu

In Japan, romanticism is heavily associated with the emotional intensity of adventure and discovery, which is what the intended meaning here is. Fossils tend to be associated with romanticism a lot in childrens' media because, as Lolipiece said, kids think dinosaurs are REALLY awesome.
This is interesting to me since what threw me off initially was my western centered idea of what romanticism is. I'm studying English literature in college so it's interesting to see how views of romanticism differ in Japan. It's not drastically different from what I can tell, but enough to be of note to me. Thanks for the explanation everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.