• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 20th: PM2019 038 - The Colossal Restoration and the Fossil Pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Good point, Omode is good at that, but Matsui kind of took over the Lillie/Mohn episodes later in SM so I forgot she used to do them earlier on.

Matsui mostly handled the less-action heavy major plot episodes of SM, it just so happened that the Mohn-centric Lilie episodes fell under that. She also did the Bevenom episodes etc. She was SM's head writer, so this made sense.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Koharu is perfectly fine for a character who has had all of three focus episodes. There's no reason to compare her to other girls like women need to compete.
Probably because she abhors taking the "Ash's Personal Cheerleader Girl for 70% of the Time" job so she wisely avoided taking the job.

Can you believe some three girls in Alola took that position but asked for the percentage to be increased to 95%.

Leonhart

Imagineer
divinepokemonXZ said:
She's sort of childish about the whole thing tbh

It is not like her dad's a construction worker or something, being a professor is very prestigious, you are basically a global celebrity.

I can understand why she'd be upset that people make assumptions about her future, though. If I were in her shoes, I'd also be upset if people thought I'd want to be a researcher or professor just because my father works in that profession. I doubt that she's going to learn something here that will set up her future though, so it's probably a moot point.

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Probably because she abhors taking the "Ash's Personal Cheerleader Girl for 70% of the Time" job so she wisely avoided taking the job.

Can you believe some three girls in Alola took that position but asked for the percentage to be increased to 95%.

I'm not really sure I understand the point you're trying to make but I will nevertheless say Mao, Lilie and Suiren are awesome and one of the best parts of an already really good series.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
Koharu is perfectly fine for a character who has had all of three focus episodes. There's no reason to compare her to other girls like women need to compete.
Waifu wars are annoying and exhausting.

The problem is people want Koharu to be their favorite [insert girl #39585] and simply refuse to take the characters for who they are and exist as with their own strengths. Mao was a business woman and family person, Lillie was a child with parental issues and self-traumas, Suiren was a girl who adored the sea and wanted to strive toward battling/training a bit. Koharu is now a girl who isn’t super big on Pokémon but wants to go to school and have her own future and life without feeling forced to follow what everyone (her brother, father, Satoshi, Gou, etc.) are doing in their fanaticisms of Pokémon. I find it interesting and organic writing, the problem is people just want Haruka/Hikari-clones. Both were enjoyable characters in their own rights but for the most part people want a “GirlTM” version of Ash in role and that’s the issue. You’ll never be okay with a female character if you look at her as everything she isn’t that you want her to be.

Truthfully I find myself having a more enjoyable experience and vibe about the girl characters when I stay away from that sector of the fan base.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I'm not really sure I understand the point you're trying to make but I will nevertheless say Mao, Lilie and Suiren are awesome and one of the best parts of an already really good series.
My point was what the made-up title I wrote meant. The Poke Girl is almost always going to be relegated as a personal cheerleader for Ash most of the time than her focusing on whatever goal she has.

Chloe has no interest to do that due to not taking part in the boys' adventures.

Miky

Not that it matters too much, as I do not know whenever it's true or not and I don't believe it, but I heard that there is going to be a change of timeslot in October and that it's been confirmed true.

Status
Not open for further replies.