• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 20th: PM2019 038 - The Colossal Restoration and the Fossil Pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

game3524

I hope there is some reference to Brock, but if there is no hint about him or even his family then this would be a typical anime move especially when we received a LT Surge hint during the Visquez battle.

There is really no reason to reference Brock here. He may be from Pewter City, but what does he have to do with fossils (anime wise)? This isn't like the Visquez, in which not referencing Surge would have been absurd. Anyway, Brock is likely going to show up at some point in this series anyway. He is the most likely candidate to probably show up more than once out of all the companions, so I can live with them not referencing him in this episode.

Red and Blue

If Goh does get Aerodactyl (which seems likely), will it be the first time that someone on the main cast had a fossil pokemon?
Yup. No one else on the cast owned a Fossil Pokemon. Though Clemont came close to catch Tyrantrum

Lacuna

Goodnight
Yeah, I doubt that Brock will get a cameo here just because we're in Pewter. It is technically possible... but with the plot being about fossils, it just doesn't really seem relevant to him at all. Not to mention, he might be studying to be a Pokémon Doctor somewhere else entirely. He's a safe bet to show up later on, so I wouldn't rush it just yet.

Now, Forrest on the other hand... /s

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The most I'm hoping for with this episode is that the confrontation with the fossil pokemon somehow gives Ash an idea on how to handle Grapploct, similar to he came up with the Rock Tomb/Draco Meteor Climb by noticing Froakie's jumping abilities in the Skrelp episode beforehand

Last edited:

Mew29240

Why is Ash trying to give baby Riolu PTSD through tentacles this much. It's getting silly.

He can't just break that baby's prepubescent steel will.

I mean they could just attack for unrelated reasons without Ash instigating them. The revived Aerodactyl causing trouble could do it.

What's so tentacle-y about an Aerodactyl.
Those tentacles grab Riolu, maybe Ash can draw inspiration by remembering how he was grabbed by Aerodactyl years ago.

I know Goh is the one who find the old amber, but clearly Aerodactyl resist his catching attempt. If Goh can't handle it, maybe Ash can step in with Pikachu/Riolu and Aerodactyl grab them in the air while locking their movement. Either Riolu develop a move that can be used under that circumtances or watching Pikachu escape by Thunderbolt inspire them to develop similiar move to overcome Octolock.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.