• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 20th: PM2019 038 - The Colossal Restoration and the Fossil Pokémon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Almost like...

This is a Go episode

Shocking, I know. Sorry to scare you.
Well, to be fair, previous Goh episodes did have Riolu around, but those are apparently more crucial Goh episodes when it involves getting a team member that will stick around more (such as Sobble and Flygon, given the opening lineup).

Red and Blue

Since this is a Fossil themed episode I'm guessing TR will pull Fossil Pokemon from the Gatcha Machine. I'm hoping one of them is Tyrantrum

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
You can tell this episode isn't important because Riolu goes uncharacteristically missing from Ash's side.
It's written by Fujisaku. Notoriously known for writing primarily Comedic Relief Episodes.
Considering this is the guy that gave us the Magikarp/Slowking 2-parter I'd say it's a probability that this episode is comedy centric too

Almost like...

This is a Go episode

Shocking, I know. Sorry to scare you.
Riolu was in the Sobble Episode and the Flygon Episode both are which are Gou Episodes. So what's your point?

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
It's written by Fujisaku. Notoriously known for writing primarily Comedic Relief Episodes.
Considering this is the guy that gave us the Magikarp/Slowking 2-parter I'd say it's a probability that this episode is comedy centric too

Fujisaku is really good at the comedic episodes, at least. I'd much rather see him do more stuff like the Magikarp/Slowking than another battle. Keep Tomioka (or Yonemura sometimes) for all the battles, Matsui for the emotional stuff & Chloe development, and Omode for some random stuff.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
You know what we need? We need another separation episode. Goh gets his Old Amber revived into Aerodactyl, Aerodactyl rampages and splits the kids up.

Ash ends up with Yamper who learns to trust Ash a bit more.
Goh and Pikachu end up getting chased by Aerodactyl and end up saving Aerodactyl from TR who want to trade it for Pikachu.
Chloe ends up with Raboot who acts like a body guard.

Decidueye23

I am more excited that chloe is appearing this episode than about goh gettig aerodactyl. They should just make here a perminant member of the group. It s getting a bit boring with only two characters interacting most of the time

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I'm also glad TR is here, I hope they have a fun role, not too plot device-like, because it's only their 16th appearance in 38 episodes so far.

16 out of 38 is only slightly less than half the series lol

You know what we need? We need another separation episode. Goh gets his Old Amber revived into Aerodactyl, Aerodactyl rampages and splits the kids up.

Ash ends up with Yamper who learns to trust Ash a bit more.
Goh and Pikachu end up getting chased by Aerodactyl and end up saving Aerodactyl from TR who want to trade it for Pikachu.
Chloe ends up with Raboot who acts like a body guard.
And who does Sobble end up with? :p

You can write comedy and still include the baby.
But Riolu is sadly not allowed to have any funny quirks or character flaws. Can't have it being seen doing anything that might look "uncool". You know how these writers roll

True! Also, Yamper can, accidentally, end up finding a fossil for Koharu at the end of the episode :p

What kind of fossil would she get tho?
They're in Kanto so it's either Kabuto Fossil or Omanyte Fossil (or both maybe)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Fujisaku is really good at the comedic episodes, at least. I'd much rather see him do more stuff like the Magikarp/Slowking than another battle. Keep Tomioka (or Yonemura sometimes) for all the battles, Matsui for the emotional stuff & Chloe development, and Omode for some random stuff.

Omode's specialty was character-centric drama, particularly featuring female characters. She did most of the good Serena and Lilie episodes, I'd rather see her handle Koharu.

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Omode's specialty was character-centric drama, particularly featuring female characters. She did most of the good Serena and Lilie episodes, I'd rather see her handle Koharu.

Good point, Omode is good at that, but Matsui kind of took over the Lillie/Mohn episodes later in SM so I forgot she used to do them earlier on. Personally, Matsui is my favourite screenwriter, but Omode is great too.

16 out of 38 is only slightly less than half the series lol

And there's only ever been one other (dub cut) season where TR appears in less than half of the episodes, so these are way fewer appearances than usual. They didn't appear all that much in SM either, but they still appeared 24 times in the first 43 episodes.

Status
Not open for further replies.