1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 21st: SM43 - Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunmoon/news/

Takeshi and Kasumi, who traveled together with Satoshi in the past, will appear for two weeks in the episodes airing Thursday September 14th and Thursday September 21st! Don't miss out on seeing what they'll be up to!!

---

As part of an extracurricular lesson, the School's students have come to Hanada City to experience a Gym match. While the classmates are receiving a lecture from Takeshi and Kasumi, who are serving as guest lecturers, the battle-crazy Satoshi and his classmate Kaki are unsatisfied with this and ask if they can have an actual, serious Gym battle. Thus it's decided that Satoshi will battle Kasumi and Kaki will battle Takeshi.

---

Satoshi has a Gym battle against Kasumi!
    The students are getting to experience Gym matches in Hanada City, where they're receiving a lecture from guest lecturers Takeshi and Kasumi. During the lecture, the battle-crazy Satoshi and Kaki suggest having an actual, serious Gym battle, and it's decided that they will battle Takeshi and Kasumi.

----

The extracurricular lessons in the Kanto region continue. Today the students get to experience Gym matches in Hanada City. During the lecture, the battle-crazy Satoshi and Kaki say they want to have an actual, serious Gym battle.

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
    Storyboard 飯島正勝 (Masakatsu Iijima)
    Episode Director 飯島正勝 (Masakatsu Iijima)
    Animation Director 中野悟史 (Satoshi Nakano)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Well guess that confirms Ash is using his current mons, unless we see an older pokemon use a Z move here. Either Rowlet or Litten are gonna need to evolve here to even stand any sort of chance.

3. Hoennking

Hoennking Well-Known Member

with alola really being the emphasis of z move. hard to see ash lose

4. Darthlord7

Darthlord7 The Unbeatable Magician

I guess that Pikachu and Dusk Lycanroc will be the the Pokémon that will battle here since I don't really expect Ash's older Pokémon to use Z-moves.

5. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

It'll be a bit unusual to see them evolve outside of their native region, but cool to see if it happens.

But it looks like Pikachu will be used here in the Mega gym battles. Z-Moves vs Mega Evolution is gonna be chaotic, I bet. Lots of animation for it to happen.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  6. Akkipeddi

Akkipeddi Delicious Pancakes

Well, yeah it's going to be his current Alola Pokémon vs their Megas. Still, I just hope we just get to see Ash's older Pokémon.

7. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Bloom Doom is Ash's only viable Z move VS Steelix so it's either Rowlet or an old Mon VS Brock (unless they defy logic, pls don't use Breakneck Blitz VS a Steelix Ash pleaaase).

Actually I think Kiawe might be pretty plausible, not sure how I'd feel about that. I'd prefer seeing Ash battle both of his friends, as well as use an old Mon (use Bloom Doom with Torterra, Sinnoh remakes foreshadowing let's go).

8. Everything12

Everything12 Wishy-Washy Trainer

Yeah, with them flaunting Z-Moves vs Mega's in the title I don't see Ash losing when theirs such a good chance to advertise Z-Moves which will be in USM where Mega's seem to be pushed to the side in-game.

9. 1rkhachatryan

Against Gyarados I get but Rowlet is probably the best bet against Steelix since he has Bloom Doom while Steelix is resistant to the other z moves.

10. Akkipeddi

From the title, it makes it seem like the writers are saying that Ash is finally going to win the Boulder badge and Cascade badge in a legitimate way after 20 years.

11. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

Not even Mega Evolution will stop OP Ash this saga

Gladion Kenobi, you're our only hope

12. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja XY(Z) is the best!!!

13. 1rkhachatryan

Good lord people, Ash is not demolishing anything. Seriously these are mega's, let's not act like Pikachu's one hit KO'd a mega before please.

While he might have a little bit of an easier time with Gyarados, he's not gonna demolish it.

14. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja XY(Z) is the best!!!

Pikachu also didn't have Gigavolt Havoc before.

15. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

There's a good chance that Z-moves will simply be shown as more of an equal thing compared to Megas, as something that allows Ash to keep up with them at all, instead of outright beating them. If that happens the matches will probably conclude the same way Ash VS Dawn did, or just kinda fade away and be ambiguous.

16. Yuugis Black Magician

Yuugis Black Magician Well-Known Member

I was hoping Satoshi would use his older Pokemon for these battles, but I guess that won't be happening. At least Pikachuu will finally get to battle Kasumi, I guess.

17. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

Oh no it seems like he will battle both in just one episode. I hope that doesn't mean 1x1 battles, they are usually the worst.

18. Akkipeddi

Well I mean it was pretty much confirmed these are not really full battles, and just 1 vs 1 battles, with Ash's Z Moves vs their Megas. I just hope they're good battles.

19. Xuxuba

Xuxuba Well-Known Member

I never had any hopes for a full battle which are pretty rare in the anime but i think they deserve, after all this waiting, at least 3 vs 3 battles with the Megas vs Z moves being the climax.

1x1 battles are usually so lackluster. I can't think of a single one that i thought "wow that was pretty good".

20. BladexFade

BladexFade Well-Known Member

So these are full 1 on 1 battle with no interruptions? Nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.