• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 21st: SM43 - Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashsfuture

That Gym has had some major improvements still Misty probably had to do all the work again since she mentions that her sisters are traveling again based on the conversation she has with Ash as for brock it's nice to see that he talked about his brother being the new gym leader overall I'm looking forward to the battles that preview really showed that these battles are going to be intense and a good challenge for Ash and Kiawe!

Champion Jared 14

Whoa, the animation quality for this episode looks amazing! And it's not just the Pokémon themselves that are well-animated; the humans are, too. I love the way Misty's hair moved when she was spinning around, throwing her Pokéball; it was very realistic. This is kind of animation quality the SM series promised in those first trailers, and once again, it's delivering. :D

As for the battles themselves, they look intense, and I'm really looking forward to them especially if Team Rocket does not interrupt after all.

Her pokeball throw here is somewhat reminiscent to how she did it in early OS. I wish I had a gif of it.

ShadowForce720

Wow, look at the animation in that preview. It's almost like a western cartoon with how fluid everything is.

As for TR, unless they catch another very quick plane ride, I think they're done in Kanto. Bewear made sure of that (which raises other questions, how the hell will they escape Alola when the series ends?).

Here are 3 Possible options in regards to that:

1. They don't, they get trapped in Alola.
2. They convince Bewear to move to then next region with them.
3. Bewear still lives in Alola but whenever Team Rocket are about to be blast off in a new region it comes all the way to that region grabs them and then takes them back to the Alola region. lol :)

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Seen the preview and I already feel almost satisfied with this episode thanks to Psyduck making an appearance, all I need now is Croagunk to appear in these episodes (I'm hoping for at least one more episode) and then I'll be happy.

I'm really over the moon though, Bulbasaur, Psyduck, Staryu, Crobat and Jigglypuff all making appearances, a cameo from Totodile, now come on Croagunk...please appear.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It's obvious they're saving the more intense scenes like when Misty and Brock use Mega Evolution for the actual airtime date and not the previews. Remember how sad we felt when they spoiled Ash's Rockruff's evolution? I'd rather be shocked and glued to the screen in those moments than having an early prescreening.

uber gon

Accept Change
Guess it makes sense to have the only other person to participate in the Alola Trials battle. Gonna be weird seeing Turtonator start slow, then get fast.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It's obvious they're saving the more intense scenes like when Misty and Brock use Mega Evolution for the actual airtime date and not the previews. Remember how sad we felt when they spoiled Ash's Rockruff's evolution? I'd rather be shocked and glued to the screen in those moments than having an early prescreening.

Most of the evolutions are spoiled before hand when it comes to ash.

DatsRight

Guess it makes sense to have the only other person to participate in the Alola Trials battle. Gonna be weird seeing Turtonator start slow, then get fast.

We haven't really seen Turtonator battle a larger opponent onscreen. We've seen it tank tons of smaller, weaker Pokemon, and take on more powerful speeders upon learning Shell Smash, but not much with even larger tank Pokemon (besides the team up against Polossand). I'll be interested in seeing it's style here.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Challengers only being trial challengers?

Lana was ROBBED.

Well we don't know for certain that Ash and Kiawe are only using their signatures. If Popplio was fainted in that case, Lana would be screwed.

Kiawe is still the most battle ready of the companions though, Turtonator, Charizard and maybe even Marowak have more experience in proper full battles than Popplio, even if it's far from weak. Remember Kiawe was the only one who could face Team Skull before Ash came along.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I really hope Misty's sisters show up so we can get one more Brock's love gag, so Croagunk can stab him....
Seriously Misty's signature Pokemon(Psyduck) is here, Croagunk should be too

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I hope Ash wins but Kiwae loses myself.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Genuinely good looking battles? In SM? Umm, hype.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Seems Misty's turned over a new leaf on her feelings for Psyduck. That may not be a good sign given how aggravated she usually is by its appearance. Psyduck has secretly become her powerhouse.

CabochonJaw

Pikachu's got this in the bag, since Gyarados can't dodge all of the electric attacks. Going to the other battle, it looks like Turtonator is having some trouble, so I guess it will win.

Status
Not open for further replies.