• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 21st: SM43 - Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Lol, I just had a thought : what if Kiawe feels inferior after seeing how ripped Brock is when shirtless, and hence, from that point onwards, Kiawe decides to finally wear a shirt.

@Champion Jared 14, I think it's confirmed this is the final episode in Kanto. They should be going back after this.

Last edited:

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Wait.

Brock is actually shirtless while battling Kiawe?

11/10 best episode ever.

I think brock learned that habit from kiawe. It will better to impress the ladies this way.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I see no one's mentioning Brock showing off his muscles in his introduction lol. Brock's been working out to impress a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny. :D

DatsRight

The best solution would probably be the Z Move not doing the job for Ash, but finding a way to pull through anyway. Needing a power up would be something of a downgrade from XY, where Pikachu could beat several Mega Evolutions based on his own skill.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
The best solution would probably be the Z Move not doing the job for Ash, but finding a way to pull through anyway. Needing a power up would be something of a downgrade from XY, where Pikachu could beat several Mega Evolutions based on his own skill.

Pikachu only beat Mega Lucario.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
How would it be a downgrade from XY? It's not as though Mega Evolution turns every Pokémon into a near-unbeatable powerhouse. It only increases a Pokémon's strength to a certain degree, so if a Pokémon is not that strong to begin with, then Mega Evolution is only going to make it so much stronger. Pikachu has defeated only one Mega Evolved Pokémon—Korrina's Mega Lucario. If Misty's Gyarados's base strength is greater than that of Korrina's Lucario, then logically, Mega Gyarados would be stronger than Mega Lucario.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Zipper4242

Bewear is the most powerful being in the universe.
Does anyone think that the next titles arw being withheld from us because they're spoilery titles? Has GF done that before to avoid spoilers? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to this kind of thing (having started with XYZ).

Thanks!

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Does anyone think that the next titles arw being withheld from us because they're spoilery titles? Has GF done that before to avoid spoilers? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm fairly new to this kind of thing (having started with XYZ).

Thanks!

I think it's also becuse there's a break on the 28th of September, so maybe that's why they're withheld. Also, Pokefan comes out on 29th, and generally, the magazine's leaks are meant for major events in the anime, so yes, it's possible that SM44 and beyond might be some very important titles.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay

Thanks!
We haven't gotten any titles recently because typically new titles are revealed at the beginning of the month, and September 28th is a break.

I'm kind of expecting one or two titles within the next few days and PokeFan to reveal the rest of October's titles, personally. And yeah, I do expect something important there.

Champion Jared 14

Man, the second preview was intense, and it shows their Mega Evolved forms as well. But I still have no doubt that Gigavolt Havoc would be the finisher to demolish Mega Gyarados, it also seems like that.

Surprise surprise...anyway, it doesn't look like a curbstomp, which was the least that could be done hopefully. I wish they got to stay a bit longer. Maybe Misty and Brock can cameo when the Alola League rolls around.

andrewscott48209

How would it be a downgrade from XY? It's not as though Mega Evolution turns every Pokémon into a near-unbeatable powerhouse. It only increases a Pokémon's strength to a certain degree, so if a Pokémon is not that strong to begin with, then Mega Evolution is only going to make it so much stronger. Pikachu has defeated only one Mega Evolved Pokémon—Korrina's Mega Lucario. If Misty's Gyarados's base strength is greater than that of Korrina's Lucario, then logically, Mega Gyarados would be stronger than Mega Lucario.

Pikachu also KO'ed a Mega Gyrados on top of Lumiose Tower.

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Pikachu also KO'ed a Mega Gyrados on top of Lumiose Tower.

Yeah, but that took a combined effort of Mega Charizard X and Ash Greninja, with Pikachu delivering the final blow. It was still impressive, but I'd definitely not credit Pikachu fully for that.

Rohanator

Saying Pikachu should never lose to a Mega just because it beat one once is like saying Pikachu should never lose to any regular Mon either, and we all know how that's worked out for him. Every Pokemon, trainer and battle is different, Megas included, there's no shame in losing to Mega Gyarados, if thats what they wanna do.

andrewscott48209

Yeah, but that took a combined effort of Mega Charizard X and Ash Greninja, with Pikachu delivering the final blow. It was still impressive, but I'd definitely not credit Pikachu fully for that.

Pikachu also had help from Fletchender and Hawlucha to take out Mega Lucario. Is this any less impressive than the KO on Mega Gyrados?

Champion Jared 14

I want Misty to win since it'll just seem somewhat pointless to bring her back just to lose.

And....he already has a better win ratio between them:

Inconclusive - Tie
T.K.O. - Win
2/3 - Win
0/2 - Loss

I haven't kept up with the show, but has there been any examples of a character using a Z-move in battle and losing?

Last edited:

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
I haven't kept up with the show, but has there been any examples of a character using a Z-move in battle and lost?
Both Hala and Olivia used Z-Moves in their Grand Trial battles against Ash and Ash still won both of those battles. However, it was kind of a given that they both would use Z-Moves and that Ash would eventually defeat them regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.