• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 21st: SM43 - Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
It's worth noting that the Japanese language doesn't have plurals the same way the English language does. So, there could very well be more than one battle in this episode. Or there could be one battle--either a double battle (Ash vs. Misty and Brock) or a free for all. It's a little hard to tell for sure.

If this is similar to tate and liza battle I am pretty sure ash will win it, since they have to market z moves and what way to market it by giving some victories over mega evolution, game freak's previous darling. Besides what new move will be see this time instead of thunder armor will it be rock armor, fire armor, grass armor or wil thunder armor return again.

Remix2

It depends on the staff. We'll know who is working on Episode #43 next week. Judging by Kameda Yoshimichi mentioning that he had recently work on Pokemon back in May I'm thinking he was referring to one of these two episodes. If Kameda worked on one of these episodes, that means the fight could very well be awesome.

if not these two episodes I'm going with one form October given that if it take 6 months to make a episode and he starting it on may.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Honestly I would like it if Misty wins here. I'm expecting Ash to beat her or an interrupted battle though.

Misty already has her share of win vs ash, besides pikachu is OP this series.

dman_dustin

You guys put way too much stock in type advantage/disadvantage. There have been plenty of examples were Ash's Pokemon have beaten types they were weak against.

That's not the point.

That's like saying Ash using his Charmander to beat Lorelei's Dewgong, just because type advantages/disadvantages mean nothing.

Sure, I'm not saying it can't be done that way, I'm not saying its impossible. There's nothing impossible with an animator making an episode where a lowly Charmander beats a Dewgong.

It's just HIGHLY unrealistic and not something the writers should do to favor Ash and this is coming from someone who favors Ash over Brock and Misty.

Spyro39

Given the lack of battles SM has had so far, I would like to see the new art style and animation used in these battles to full effect. I just hope these battles don't feel rushed, and I certainly don't want anyone interrupting it.

This is the first time we're going to see a mega evolved Pokemon in SM. I wonder if the mega evolution sequence will change or stay the same with the new art style.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's worth noting that the Japanese language doesn't have plurals the same way the English language does. So, there could very well be more than one battle in this episode. Or there could be one battle--either a double battle (Ash vs. Misty and Brock) or a free for all. It's a little hard to tell for sure.

I was treating it more like a subject matter than as a specific noun.
But yeah, the title says nothing about whether or not there's one or two gym battles here.

ShadowForce720

hmm I'm still interested to see if this whole Kanto arc last only these 2 episodes being episodes 42&43 and then he returns to Alola at the end of this episode or if this Kanto arc is going to continue in episode 44 and maybe a few episodes after that, because it's still isn't clear if this Kanto arc is just going to be episodes 42&43 or if it's going to include more episodes then just those 2.

Spyro39

hmm I'm still interested to see if this whole Kanto arc last only these 2 episodes being episodes 42&43 and then he returns to Alola at the end of this episode or if this Kanto arc is going to continue in episode 44 and maybe a few episodes after that, because it's still isn't clear if this Kanto arc is just going to be episodes 42&43 or if it's going to include more episodes then just those 2.

Well summaries for both of these episodes state this:

"Takeshi and Kasumi, who traveled together with Satoshi in the past, will appear for two weeks in the episodes airing Thursday September 14th and Thursday September 21st! Don't miss out on seeing what they'll be up to!!"

Judging by the summaries stating "appear for two weeks", it sounds like the Kanto arc will last only two episodes for now.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

"Takeshi and Kasumi, who traveled together with Satoshi in the past, will appear for two weeks in the episodes airing Thursday September 14th and Thursday September 21st! Don't miss out on seeing what they'll be up to!!"

Judging by the summaries stating "appear for two weeks", it sounds like the Kanto arc will last only two episodes for now.

I'm just hoping everyone else gets a chance to return as well (a couple in particular, like Iris who kind of got robbed)

Master Pikachu 11

They will most probably. Pikachu is guaranteed to win and most probably the one who battles Mega Steelix too.

But like Akkipeddi, I also prefer Mega Evolution way over Z-movess.

Have to disagree I don't see Pikachu battling against Steelix because none of its moves would be effective against Steelix and I don't expect Ash to be dumb enough to do it. Plus it would be too one sided in Brock's favor. So he would have to have use Rowlet or Litten or old mons in order have a chance. The only way Lycanroc gets used is if it knows counter otherwise I don't see it being used either. It's too bad that he doesn't have Firium Z yet otherwise this would have it so much easier

Last edited:

Frozocrone

Miraculous!

That just says Brock and Misty are in for two weeks, they could explore a bit more of Kanto

Master Pikachu 11

To be honest I don't see it being a double battle because that would be too tough since Ash could only use one Z move while they have their Megas. He doesn't have a Z move like Kommo-o that would be capable of taking both Pokémon at the same time. I rather that Ash battles each seperately rather then have a double battle.

Master Pikachu 11

Given the timeline for this episodes, I definitely agree with Ash beating Misty but losing to Brock for clearly obvious reasons, that I hope that the writers don't undermine for stupid reasons.

Pikachu's Giga Volt would be the strongest attack on either megas and in consideration to other z-moves and the Pokemon involved. It would not be unbelievable to imagine Pikachu beating Mega Gyarados, I don't mean with ease, but the last move if it ends up being Gigavolt Havoc, it just makes sense for Pikachu to beat Gyarados.

Even with a Dartrix using Bloom Doom possibility, I just cannot imagine at any point, any Pokemon that could defeat Brock's Steelix. Maybe if Litten/Torracat had the fire type Z-move which would be more effective than Bloom Doom, maybe, but it would have to be a team effort, AKA not just Litten/Torracat, and the issue is Ash doesn't even have the fire type Z-move to even begin with.

Had Ash kept the Fighting type Z-move and Lycanroc had Counter, then I definitely would've potentially seen a chance.

At the moment it doesn't look likely. That being said Sceptile using Bloom doom, would be more than enough to defeat Mega Steelix but I don't know if Ash would use a past generation, I think Ash would be a tad unrealistic if he expected his current team to be able to take on Mega Steelix.

Yeah if he only had Firium Z then I could see Litten have a chance but I really don't know

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Share of wins? She only beat him once back in the whirl cup. If anything, I'm far more interested in the two not being portrayed as pushovers.

I am pretty sure battle is going to be close. Besides pretty sure pikachu will be resetted so that even MG can match him. Only one pokegirl has gotten victory over ash in official battle aside from misty. and that was iris.

Emperor Empoleon

Honor of Kalos
It's just HIGHLY unrealistic and not something the writers should do to favor Ash and this is coming from someone who favors Ash over Brock and Misty.

It just wouldn't feel right to me.

That Steelix in particular has not only type coverage, but Mega Evolution and a wealth of experiences on top of that. We can't bring these characters back after all this time, deck them out with new tricks, and then shill for the newcomers. I'll be so bitter, lol.

ShadowForce720

I am pretty sure battle is going to be close. Besides pretty sure pikachu will be resetted so that even MG can match him. Only one pokegirl has gotten victory over ash in official battle aside from misty. and that was iris.

And why does Pikachu needed to be resetted just so that Misty's Mega Gyarados can put up a good fight against it? I mean seriously Pikachu is fine the way it is right now I don't see why it would just need to be resetted as if your trying to say that Misty with her Mega Gyarados couldn't possibly be that strong to be able to put up a good fight against Ash's Pikachu, which I have to strongly disagree with as it's not like she was doing nothing while Ash was traveling, so no just because her Mega Gyarados could probably put up a good fight against Pikachu doesn't mean Pikachu is resetted.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It just wouldn't feel right to me.

That Steelix in particular has not only type coverage, but Mega Evolution and a wealth of experiences on top of that. We can't bring these characters back after all this time, deck them out with new tricks, and then shill for the newcomers. I'll be so bitter, lol.

Since Mega Stones are sold next to the Battle Tree, I doubt they'll be Worfed completely. Z-Moves will probably be shown to put Pokemon without Mega Evolution on equal footing. Granted, Pikachu still gets to be ultra-powered during Leagues, but hey, that's his job.Also, you're gonna have to edit your signature GIF, now, huh?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
And why does Pikachu needed to be resetted just so that Misty's Mega Gyarados can put up a good fight against it? I mean seriously Pikachu is fine the way it is right now I don't see why it would just need to be resetted as if your trying to say that Misty with her Mega Gyarados couldn't possibly be that strong to be able to put up a good fight against Ash's Pikachu, which I have to strongly disagree with as it's not like she was doing nothing while Ash was traveling, so no just because her Mega Gyarados could probably put up a good fight against Pikachu doesn't mean Pikachu is resetted.

That is because pikachu at its peak like vs latios, regice, alain, frontier brains, 8th gym leader who all are much stronger than misty's gyarados is(even mega is) would destroy gyarados. Lets be honest misty is a 2nd gym leader of the kanto region, even with mega at best she could attain the level of 6-7th gym and will still be inferior to 8th gym. Pikachu is way past the stage where without getting a reset it would destroy the gym leaders pokemon (barring the 8th gym who is level above). Besides we dont know if there is one battle or two battles in this epsode.

Besides this is somewhat just the case with MCx vs MCY in kalos league where people started hyping it but it was finished with one flamethrower. Now I dont think pikachu will destroy MG in one sided battle. But theoretically speaking a legendary slaying peakachu at his best with z move and type advantage is leagues ahead MG of a 2nd gym leader of the region. Pikachu will be reseted for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.