• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 21st: SM43 - Gym Battle! Z-Move VS Mega Evolution!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I really hope Misty's sisters show up so we can get one more Brock's love gag, so Croagunk can stab him....
Seriously Misty's signature Pokemon(Psyduck) is here, Croagunk should be too
they're on the trip, it was said after the credits
EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say on a trip

Last edited:

DatsRight

On one hand, I wouldn't mind Ash and Kaiwe pulling some wins.

On the other hand, this could work well as Ash's first big SM defeat (so long as Misty doesn't randomly regain her Kanto attitude) and Steelix got 'Worfed' enough as Onix.

At the very least I hope Kiawe is allowed some good display. Turtonator has got a criminally minimal amount of battle screen time so far given it's power.

Last edited:

Champion Jared 14

Pikachu's got this in the bag, since Gyarados can't dodge all of the electric attacks. Going to the other battle, it looks like Turtonator is having some trouble, so I guess it will win.

Hmm...I wouldn't count her out just yet...from the previews, it looks like Misty is doing reasonably well holding her own. She now seems to have ways to counter some electric moves. That was always a weak spot in her strategy, so it's good she's progressed. Also, we've seen neither her or Brock mega evolve their pokemon in the previews.

I'm thinking...Misty and Brock may push Kiawe and Ash to the point of using their Z moves first, and then they'll follow it up with ME to relevel things. I'd like to see that, but time will tell.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm so glad that we'll see Kasumi's Koduck again at the Hanada Gym, although Kasumi cuddling him looks kind of awkward in a funny way. Takeshi versus Kaki looks entertaining too, and I hope Takeshi wins regardless of Haganeil's type disadvantage against Bakugames.

Red

Not the color
5DF04178-8D0E-4F30-A9A6-40DE7A86DE4B.jpg

How does the Cerulean Gym go from a simple seaqurium to a huge multipaltform gym? Looks like it has multiple rooms and Misty’s sisters can do their shows and Misty has her own battle field. Couldn’t have Misty traveled with Ash during construction, where did they stay? :p

Also, notice the gym symbol on top of the door, from BW.

Remix2

Oh wow the battle actually look well animated and fast pace and not slow and stiff like the other battles so far this series.

jrizza88

Meteorite
i think Pikachu will win since it has always beat every single Gyrados it ever fought. Pikachu tends to be best against the most final forms of every pokemon when you look at its track record (beat Serperior but lost to Snivy and Servine), (tied with that abonormally strong Magikarp but ko'd every single Gyrados it fought (not counting the one from kalos).

side note: The latest preview makes me wish volt tackle could be used :/

Last edited:

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
View attachment 16891

How does the Cerulean Gym go from a simple seaqurium to a huge multipaltform gym? Looks like it has multiple rooms and Misty’s sisters can do their shows and Misty has her own battle field. Couldn’t have Misty traveled with Ash during construction, where did they stay? :p

Also, notice the gym symbol on top of the door, from BW.

Misty must have won a lot of gym matches and taken a lot of money to pay for the remodel.

And clearly she traveled to Kalos to get a megastone and keystone while the gym was remodeled.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Misty must have won a lot of gym matches and taken a lot of money to pay for the remodel.

And clearly she traveled to Kalos to get a megastone and keystone while the gym was remodeled.

Maybe the Nurse Joy from the Pokémon Inspection Agency put a good word for her and they helped her out.

DatsRight

Being a gym leader, I suppose she was less liable to slip into obscurity with very little reward like Ash does when he saves the day.

Master Pikachu 11

So I watched the English sub of the last episode and I don't think anybody needs to worry about TR interrupting the battles as they went to Kanto in order to meet with HQ so I expect that is where they will be in this episode and maybe we will learn about future plot points in this episode as well!

Janovy

Banned
So since Team Rocket were summoned to Kanto by Matori, that means that the TR scenes should take place in their HQ and the battles should go uninterrupted.

The battles already look nice, but I am super curious to see why TR was called to Kanto.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It seems there will be a break after the gym battle episode��

Just as we suspected. Still curious about what's going to happen after this. Also, what will happen at TRHQ? Will Bewear rescue them from Giovanni?

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
I would love to see the TRio disguise the background as Kanto after wasting most of their money on the plane ticket or better yet, Bewear blasted them off to a different part of Kanto like they had to meet in Viridian City or Silph Co in Saffron City.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I would love to see the TRio disguise the background as Kanto after wasting most of their money on the plane ticket or better yet, Bewear blasted them off to a different part of Kanto like they had to meet in Viridian City or Silph Co in Saffron City.

Hey, he "fell" for their Team Flare video. Maybe they can pull it off again. People wonder why he keeps them around, but every region he sends them to ends up with the local gang defeated and Team Rocket still standing.

Status
Not open for further replies.