• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
um if the last poll in Japan was anything to go by I think a significant amount of people that took that poll would disagree with you. In fact in regards to the last poll Torracat was the least popular stage of the Alolan starters in that all the final evolutions of the Alolan starters and Rowlet beat it in a land slide while Dartrix, Popplio, and Brionne are all still more popular then it by a good amount.

Considering that Primarina and Decidueye were taken out way before Incineroar I think we know who the more popular final starter form is

The governments of the world need to do something to help all these blind people.

ShadowForce720

The governments of the world need to do something to help all these blind people.

Just because people don't share the same opinion as you don't make them blind. There is noting wrong with people liking or dislike different pokemon from each other and there is nothing wrong with a lot of people liking a pokemon that you find ugly.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Just because people don't share the same opinion as you don't make them blind. There is noting wrong with people liking or dislike different pokemon from each other and there is nothing wrong with a lot of people liking a pokemon that you find ugly.

/whoosh

-

Anyway. Once again. Melmetal was Ash's late evolution. Why do people want another?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Know what, IDC anymore... bring on Naganadel at this point since Ash needs that full team. Horrible decisions being fixed aren't the worst thing, but they don't change the fact that no foresight was used in Sun and Moon.

That being said, if it's a Naganadel, the amount of salt if Ash loses to Kakui will form mountains.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Ejecting Poipole was a horrible decision, but bringing him back is just making another one. It doesn't make up for the lost development over the past 9 months, and acts as a deus ex machina because it wasn't even hinted at. It's shoehorned into the Guzzlord appearance which was foreshadowed.

At least with Meltan, there was an enormous amount of buildup leading to its evolution. Melmetal also earned a spot in the exhibition match by competing in the league itself.

I'd rather Dia give Ash a Mega Stone to evolve one of his old Pokemon, at least there would be a sense of gravitas using a reserve.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Why do people want to see a fan favorite on the cast?

Truly a shocking question that plagues the fandom
Poipole is a bad example of a UB though. It looks too much like a normal Pokemon. Its evolution is fine, but Poipole itself isn't alien enough.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Ejecting Poipole was a horrible decision, but bringing him back is just making another one. It doesn't make up for the lost development over the past 9 months, and acts as a deus ex machina because it wasn't even hinted at.
Poipole's entire reason for going to Alola was to return light to its world and save its family

Once that was done, why would it stay with Ash over its family?

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Poipole's entire reason for going to Alola was to return light to its world and save its family

Once that was done, why would it stay with Ash over its family?

Because Pokemon, like people, grow up and have to leave home to move on to the next stage in their life. This is the very story of Rowlet, Torracat and many other Pokemon from Ash's past like Treecko, Bulbasaur and Turtwig.

It's also the story of Ash himself.

Poipole had learned to love Alola and did what no other Poipole did in leaving, because its desire to seek out different worlds was stronger than the others. What's more, it brought Necrozma back to life, so what further reason was there in it staying at home?

Having Poipole leave was terrible writing, basically an excuse to remove it from the plot. It's one of the biggest blights on this anime and is the main reason Ultra Legends feels so insignificant in the grand scheme of the story.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
did I miss something or has it been confirmed poipole is in this episode?

I mean I won't deny the possibility, but why would it get involved against something it has nothing to do with?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Poipole is a bad example of a UB though. It looks too much like a normal Pokemon. Its evolution is fine, but Poipole itself isn't alien enough.
I’m kind of neutral on Poipole/Naganadel but
it seems to be a fan favorite

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

I mean I won't deny the possibility, but why would it get involved against something it has nothing to do with?
The summary mentions a certain other pokemon coming from the wormhole, we don't know if it's Zeraora or Poipole (or Nebby)
Because Pokemon, like people, grow up and have to leave home to move on to the next stage in their life. This is the very story of Rowlet, Torracat and many other Pokemon from Ash's past like Treecko, Bulbasaur and Turtwig.

It's also the story of Ash himself.

Poipole had learned to love Alola and did what no other Poipole did in leaving, because its desire to seek out different worlds was stronger than the others. What's more, it brought Necrozma back to life, so what further reason was there in it staying at home?

Having Poipole leave was terrible writing, basically an excuse to remove it from the plot. It's one of the biggest blights on this anime and is the main reason Ultra Legends feels so insignificant in the grand scheme of the story.
My biggest problem with Poipole's story wasn't that he left, but that he did nothing, even in the Necrozma arc when they went to his home he and the other Poipole (and Naganadel) just stood there doing nothing while everyone else was trying to find a way to calm Necrozma down

Red and Blue

It hasn't been confirmed but we do know a Pokemon will appear alongside Guzzlord in next week's episode. Plus Tapu Koko is confirmed to appear and it and Poipole share the same VA.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion

One of the SM Saga's key themes is FAMILY

Poipole left its home to save its family, so it ditching them immediately after helping them would've been horrifically bad writing

Which, I know, is par for the course with SM, but family is something they've managed to consistently do well

Also, I doubt that Poipole is returning just because its VA is listed - who also voices Tapu Koko, who's probably going to pull off Guardian of Alola because Z-Moves are going to play a role in sending Guzzlord home

(Unless Poipole is explicitly listed, in which case we've looped back around to bad writing and spitting on previous episodes...)

Red and Blue

Poipole left its home to save its family, so it ditching them immediately after helping them would've been horrifically bad writing

Which, I know, is par for the course with SM, but family is something they've managed to consistently do well

Also, I doubt that Poipole is returning just because its VA is listed - who also voices Tapu Koko, who's probably going to pull off Guardian of Alola because Z-Moves are going to play a role in sending Guzzlord home

(Unless Poipole is explicitly listed, in which case we've looped back around to bad writing and spitting on previous episodes...)
It's not bad writing if Poipole comes back. We don't even know if it's a permanent return. Goodra went right back to the swamp after the Kalos League

Sham

The Guardian of War
If they plan on bringing back a reserve than please leave the frog in France. I want spotlight on Scraggy or Gible. Something like that.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!

One thing that makes me positive about the pokemon being Poipole is that in the summary, it is mentioned that a 'certain other Pokemon also appears'. If Dia and Zeraora both were coming, then summary should have been a certain other person also appears with his pokemon partner' or something like that. I could be reading too much, but that's what I can guess from the summary. Heck, according to me, chances of even Nebby appearing are more than Zeraora.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's not bad writing if Poipole comes back. We don't even know if it's a permanent return. Goodra went right back to the swamp after the Kalos League

Goodra was able to get away with it because it's homeland wasn't too far from Lumiose City where the league was being held, even then it's return was heavily questionable since it hardly contributed at all to Ash's Kalos League fights.

Poipole meanwhile lives in another dimension entirely, traveling back and forth isn't exactly as easy a feat, if it was to return then it needs to be for keeps.

Another problem I have is this, i'm getting the feeling that some people only want it to return so that it can "lock" Ash's Alola team to the point where he won't have to call in reserves in for the full battle exhibition.

I know the thing bonded with Ash, but it didn't exactly battle much if at all, and I for one do not want to see another Goodra situation where someone returns to keep a team region locked but ends up as dead weight, because that is effectively what Goodra did, cause if it comes back as a powerhouse, people are going to call that out as being cheap too since we didn't get to see it's onscreen training, and unlike Meltan (who technically cheated by absorbing all it's brethren) it has no breathing room about gaining power.

Of course from a writing perspective I don't see why it would return, it has nothing to do with Guzzlord.

Red and Blue

Goodra was able to get away with it because it's homeland wasn't too far from Lumiose City where the league was being held, even then it's return was heavily questionable since it hardly contributed at all to Ash's Kalos League fights.

Poipole meanwhile lives in another dimension entirely, traveling back and forth isn't exactly as easy a feat, if it was to return then it needs to be for keeps.

Another problem I have is this, i'm getting the feeling that some people only want it to return so that it can "lock" Ash's Alola team to the point where he won't have to call in reserves in for the full battle exhibition.

I know the thing bonded with Ash, but it didn't exactly battle much if at all, and I for one do not want to see another Goodra situation where someone returns to keep a team region locked but ends up as dead weight, because that is effectively what Goodra did, cause if it comes back as a powerhouse, people are going to call that out as being cheap too since we didn't get to see it's onscreen training, and unlike Meltan (who technically cheated by absorbing all it's brethren) it has no breathing room about gaining power.

Of course from a writing perspective I don't see why it would return, it has nothing to do with Guzzlord.
Again, we don't know if Poipole will get the Goodra treatment.

I'm not concerned with ways the writers could bring back Poipole or give it a reason to comeback. If they want it back they'll find a way

Status
Not open for further replies.