1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by Dephender, Sep 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

So crazy thought Bewear is running acrt water to the league.... With Stufful on it's head while the normal color Guzzlord emerges from the ultra wormwhole.
    And then you see the shiny guzzlord coming from across the water? And it kinda has two heads.

What if Bewear and Stufful are actually the shiny Guzzlord!!

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  2. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I always kind of thought he might have had a Kommo-o (to showcase it's specialty Z-move, and I know it doesn't seem like he has a power ring, but I feel like the writers could give him one if they wanted, there's no rule saying you can't have more than one) he still might if the writers don't care about balance though.

3. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

Shiny guzzlord is the team rocket mecha. Calling it now

I was kinda expecting a few fighting types so kommo-o is still a possibility

TheWanderingMist likes this.
  4. Doppelgänger

Doppelgänger Superancient Member

Should I feel guilty about being more excited for this episode than the league final?

Guzzlord was legitimately scary during the Ultra Ruin two-parter, and in the preview it's no less threatening. It tanks Bewear's punches and doesn't look phased by the Z-Moves.

Actually, their new mecha is a Robo-Bewear.

[​IMG]

5. paipr_christian

paipr_christian grass type fan.

That would've been nice, but for some reason the SuMo saga seems to have zero desire to do anything major with that line.

6. Revolver Furious Dragon

Revolver Furious Dragon Well-Known Member

A robo-bewear that transforms into a shiny guzzlord

CMButch and KenzeyEevee like this.
  7. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

So as predicted, everyone is getting to take part as a vindication of sorts for losing the league.

I'm really hoping TR gets some involvement in this, I'd love for one of their mechs to be used in an enemy mine, like in that Chronicles special. Since Bewear's seemingly staying to fight it would make sense.

Lucario also gets its token bit of limelight per series.

8. mehmeh1

mehmeh1 #TEAMSOBBLE

Me before watching the pv: YES, THE ABSOLUTE MADLAD DID IT, now let's see if Poipole really comes back!
    Me after watching the preview: THERE ARE TWO OF THEM?

9. IkeBayern

IkeBayern Well-Known Member

It's notable that Ash's victory here parallels the player character in Sun/Ultra Sun & Moon/Ultra Moon, where a Kantonian child comes to Alola and becomes the region’s first ever Champion.

At least we get to see Dia again, I liked him when he was with Ash for those 2 episodes.. I personally would’ve preferred the Guzzlord attack to happen after the exhibition battle but this ain’t too bad

Still no sign of Poipole, unless SM141 says anything about it returning I think that its arc is over and won’t be coming back to help Ash against Kukui

10. Ignition

Ignition Obliterated a god with the power of friendship

The glorious return of Guzzlord’s terrifying yet funny screaming. This time he brought a friend to help

11. satopi

satopi SM Ash is best Ash! All hail Champion Ash!

This preview looks intense. I can’t believe there’s two Guzzlord and Bewear is getting part of that action!:eek:

12. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Pikachu's beaten a Mega Evolved Lucario before, and he's clearly still as strong as hes always been.

EDIT: Also, based on the preview, this is "Z-moves: The Episode"

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  13. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Yeah, but we're talking about 5 strong Pokemon + 1 Mega Strong vs like 3-4 meh Pokemon and 2-3 strong( Pikachu is Mega strong though). Kukui with Mega would destroy SM Ash team.Without he'd beat him but it wouldn't be curbstomp as with Mega.

14. Doppelgänger

Pikachu beat a softened up Mega Lucario who, while strong, was probably the weakest Mega in the entire XY anime.

I'm almost certain that Lucario is going to be a Mega though. We can't go back to regular Lucario anymore unless it's owned by a regular person.

The most gripping part for me is it looks like Bewear's punch doesn't phase Guzzlord. Bewear is equal to Buzzwole and stronger than Pheromosa; she hits like a truck. If Guzzlord isn't hurt and just shoved, its power is going to be off the charts.

15. lemoncatpower

lemoncatpower Cynical optimist

Who writes this stuff? Now a shiny guzzlord is coming too? Ridiculous

16. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

Did Lusamine really take all the trainers and leave the venue where helpless people are being attacked, just to have a team meeting at the Foundation?

17. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Shiny Guzzlord. Who saw that coming? Interesting.

18. Doppelgänger

It looked to me like the Kahunas (and perhaps Tapus) are buying time for Aether Foundation to whip up a plan.

19. TheWanderingMist

TheWanderingMist Daikuro, Keeper of the Gates Ambitious

Well, Guzzlord does have a gigantic HP stat. It's not that it's doing nothing, rather that Guzzlord can remain standing after Bewear attacks it due to simply having more HP. And looking at the in-game stats, Buzzwole and Pheromosa are about equal in physical attack power, it's defensive strength that they differ in.

20. CMButch

CMButch Kanto is love. Kanto is life.

Am I the only one who is more hyped for Ash vs Kukui battle( 6 on 6) than Ash vs Gladion one?
    That just proves that I like 6 on 6 battles( semi quality) more than 3 on 3( with high quality) ones. Especially high quality 6 on 6 battles.

Rock Captain 99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.