• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
It shrugged off an attack like it was nothing, showed it’s impressive speed when Rowlet got blown away, and effortlessly defeated Team Skull in its first battle. That was all done to foreshadow Naganadel’s strength as an UB and it evolved offscreen on top of that.

In short, an UB does not need to train to battle unless it wants to evolve
Um, everyone can effortlessly defeat Team Skull in their first battle.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I know I just used it as an example that he did battle someone in the past.
The problem is that it was his first and only battle. IMO at some point he should've fought Totem Ribombee or Kommo-o, which would've made for a very interesting match

ShadowForce720

Second preview showed that Kukui's Lucario knows Dragon Pulse. Which could imply it will be Nagandel's opponent.

Also one of the hosts was playing with a Poipole plushie, lol

You know presuming that Naganadel does battle one of the Guzzlords here I wouldn't be surprised if they use this time to show off all 4 of Ash's Naganadel's moves. Of course when it comes to the full battle between Ash and Kukui in episodes 141 & 142 I do think where going to get see Ash's Melmetal's entire move set, because when you look at it while the writers do tend to have the newly evolved pokemon spam their newly learned move in their very first battle after they evolved, however usually by the second battle they start using and showing off their entire current move set.

Alolan Champion

You know presuming that Naganadel does battle one of the Guzzlords here I wouldn't be surprised if they use this time to show off all 4 of Ash's Naganadel's moves. Of course when it comes to the full battle between Ash and Kukui in episodes 141 & 142 I do think where going to get see Ash's Melmetal's entire move set, because when you look at it while the writers do tend to have the newly evolved pokemon spam their newly learned move in their very first battle after they evolved, however usually by the second battle they start using and showing off their entire current move set.
Melmetal already has a full move set

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Second preview showed that Kukui's Lucario knows Dragon Pulse. Which could imply it will be Nagandel's opponent.

Also one of the hosts was playing with a Poipole plushie, lol
Damg, Kukui really does study Pokemon moves if he knows it can learn that.

ShadowForce720

Melmetal already has a full move set

Did you not read what I just said, or something? I never said that didn't already have a full move set, however at this point the only 2 moves that we know that it's confirmed to have is Double Iron Bash, and Flash Cannon. Now looking at move set it had as a Meltan which was Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Headbutt, and Harden, it's of course confirmed that it still has Flash Cannon however it's not confirmed if it still has any of the other 3 moves and at the very least we can say that one of the 3 moves got replaced by Double Iron Bash. Now while I could see it keeping Harden however when it comes to Thunderbolt and Headbutt they seem like moves that would very likely be replaced by another move, as if you look at how Meltan performed Headbutt it doesn't really seem practical for Melmetal to keep Headbutt.

However when it comes to Thunderbolt the main problem with it, is that it is the exact same move Ash's Pikachu has now while Ash's pokemon have shared moves with their current team members before if you notice usually by the time of the pokemon's final move set the writers try to make it so that none of Ash's pokemon share a move with each other, sure there might be some exceptions to this but obviously not a lot. So while Melmetal they could try to make Melmetal's Thunderbolt look different to distinguished it from Pikachu's Thunderbolt it would seem more likely that it would replace it with a different move like Thunder, Thunder Punch, or even a different type of move.

So while it's true that Melmetal has a full move set, we don't actually have confirmation on what Melmetal's other 2 moves currently are.

Alolan Champion

The problem is that it was his first and only battle. IMO at some point he should've fought Totem Ribombee or Kommo-o, which would've made for a very interesting match
It’s an UB. That’s like saying Solgaleo needed to battle before joining Ash’s team and his arc was mostly about developing his character anyway

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
It’s an UB. That’s like saying Solgaleo needed to battle before joining Ash’s team and his arc was mostly about developing his character anyway
Solgaleo was never a part of Ash's team (not to mention that after evolving he was pretty much just a method of transportation for the remainder of the arc and a damsel in distress in the Necrozma arc)

Alolan Champion

Solgaleo was never a part of Ash's team (not to mention that after evolving he was pretty much just a method of transportation for the remainder of the arc and a damsel in distress in the Necrozma arc)
My point still stands and without Solgaleo they wouldn’t have gotten anything done in both of those arcs

Alolan Champion

Did you not read what I just said, or something? I never said that didn't already have a full move set, however at this point the only 2 moves that we know that it's confirmed to have is Double Iron Bash, and Flash Cannon. Now looking at move set it had as a Meltan which was Flash Cannon, Thunderbolt, Headbutt, and Harden, it's of course confirmed that it still has Flash Cannon however it's not confirmed if it still has any of the other 3 moves and at the very least we can say that one of the 3 moves got replaced by Double Iron Bash. Now while I could see it keeping Harden however when it comes to Thunderbolt and Headbutt they seem like moves that would very likely be replaced by another move, as if you look at how Meltan performed Headbutt it doesn't really seem practical for Melmetal to keep Headbutt.

However when it comes to Thunderbolt the main problem with it, is that it is the exact same move Ash's Pikachu has now while Ash's pokemon have shared moves with their current team members before if you notice usually by the time of the pokemon's final move set the writers try to make it so that none of Ash's pokemon share a move with each other, sure there might be some exceptions to this but obviously not a lot. So while Melmetal they could try to make Melmetal's Thunderbolt look different to distinguished it from Pikachu's Thunderbolt it would seem more likely that it would replace it with a different move like Thunder, Thunder Punch, or even a different type of move.

So while it's true that Melmetal has a full move set, we don't actually have confirmation on what Melmetal's other 2 moves currently are.
The way you phrased it sounded like you didn’t know and Meltan hasn’t used Thunderbolt in months

Revolver Furious Dragon

My guess would be
- double iron bash
- flash cannon
- thunder punch
- headbutt

For a final moveset

Status
Not open for further replies.