• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I remember wondering if the League would be interrupted at some point, and it seems like the writers decided to go down that route after all. Having Akuziking invade during the award ceremony is better than it appearing during an important match at the very least, so I'm glad that it didn't show up earlier in the tournament.

Revolver Furious Dragon

I remember wondering if the League would be interrupted at some point, and it seems like the writers decided to go down that route after all. Having Akuziking invade during the award ceremony is better than it appearing during an important match at the very least, so I'm glad that it didn't show up earlier in the tournament.

Agreed. At least we will have a definitive winner by the time the league's interrupted.

D

Deleted member 384931

So Gladion Ash friends Kahuna's against Guzzlord(s). It should be easy. I think they can wrap this up in one episode.

Revolver Furious Dragon

Why wouldnt they reveal SM141 then?

Because the title could contain the winners name. That can't reveal that yet due to the contest. The guzzlord stuff could take up the first part then the awards could conclude.

The title could reference champion _______ (fill in ash/gladion):

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
You know, I’d find another serious thing with the Ultra Beasts pretty awesome if not for the fact that they come with the obligatory awesome retardant known as the Ultra Guardians.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
You know, I’d find another serious thing with the Ultra Beasts pretty awesome if not for the fact that they come with the obligatory awesome retardant known as the Ultra Guardians.
Serious is boring though, as proven by the first time Guzzlord showed up in the anime.

Don’t really care who the victor of this league is since I consider this to be on the level of that BW tournament Ash participated in

Leonhart

Imagineer
Poke Master 7 said:

The fact that we might see Satoshi and his friends do the whole Ultra Guardians thing again here is what worries me since it seems like every time they go down that path, the episodes involving the Ultra Beasts become too comical. Akuziking attacking the League should be a serious matter however, which is why I wouldn't want to see any gags used in this episode.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
Serious is boring though, as proven by the first time Guzzlord showed up in the anime.
Are you kidding? The first Guzzlord appearance was some of the best showing that an Ultra Beast got, highlighting that the Ultra Beasts aren’t just fun and games and can be quite dangerous. Boring is what they did with most of the Ultra Beasts, basically relegating them to filler feeling jokes where you could skip the episodes and have missed nothing.

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
The fact that we might see Satoshi and his friends do the whole Ultra Guardians thing again here is what worries me since it seems like every time they go down that path, the episodes involving the Ultra Beasts become too comical. Akuziking attacking the League should be a serious matter however, which is why I wouldn't want to see any gags used in this episode.
I wouldn’t put it past the writers to once again shoehorn in the Ultra Guardians. After all, they couldn’t even help themselves when it came to Necrozma.

Literally nothing of the entire showing of the Ultra Beasts convinced me that a Sentai parody was necessary to deal with it. It’s not as though the outfits did anything special to warrant them having to wear them and they handled Nihilego perfectly fine without them.

dman_dustin

Keep Poipole as far away from this League as possible.

You say that but is Ash using a reserve any better?

I never understood why people seemed to be so critical of certain choices but seem okay with other choices, despite them being on a similar level.

Poipole coming back, evolving makes sense for multiple reasons, and wanting to battle with Ash one last time also makes sense. Sure, you know, Poipole did jack diddly poo when it was with Ash, and there's always "Too Little Too Late" that's been thrown around.

But I don't know what makes Ash calling up Tracey (if Oak is still at the tournament) and asking him to send one of his other Pokemon any better from a purely storywise perspective. Because at least Poipole makes sense given that it actually has a connection to the Alola region and his Pokemon (minus Melmetal). Any other Pokemon Ash has except maybe Bulbasaur doesn't have that connection (and even then with Braviary and Incineroar, Bulbasaur would be a stupid choice) and regardless of who it is, it doesn't make sense story-wise for why Ash is USING it. Unlike Poipole or Naganadel. At this point any reserve would be PURE fan service. At least Sinnoh had Ash using his reserves from the start.

What I'm ultimately saying however, is that they are both valid options for Ash for a full battle (unlike you and other people like you seem to be implying) and either of them could have a chance of happening, depending on the story. But as much as people despise Poipole, dismissing it as a valid legitimate choice, is honestly ridiculous. Because I sort of feel that way with Ash using a reserve, I only accept it because Ash needs a 6th Pokemon, but its too little too late to somehow have Ash bring back something that served no purpose in the entire Alola region and use it against Masked Royal, but its still a valid choice, and I will give some leeway if Ash brings a Pokemon back to fight Guzzlord, surely that would be the time the 6th Pokemon would show up an aid Ash and then be used against Masked Royal, because if that doesn't happen, the idea of Ash using a reserve is even that more ridiculous because it's happening out of nowhere and doesn't make sense. At least if he uses something against Guzzlord, then sure, if NOT Poipole.

Which given Poipole being an Ultra Beast, Solgaleo would likely know about Guzzlord and would want to help, it does make storywise sense that Ash would then use Poipole/Naganadel against Masked Royal.

But okay let me give you a hypothetical, and I want to gauge everyone's reaction here, and I have more than a feeling people are going to immediately hate it. Sure you could all just enthusiastically like the idea just to spite me but I should be more than able to predict a couple of responses "Hell no" or how about "Why the hell would that make any sense?" "It doesn't belong here" "It would upstage all of Ash's Alolan Pokemon and Torracat....Incineroar"

Okay, are you ready?

Ash-Greninja.

Okay have fun debating. Bye.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
The easiest solution for Ash to get 6 Pokemon is to simply capture Guzzlord. The next easiest would be a reserve, but again, Oak is in Alola so there's nobody to ship over the extra Pokemon. Nebby and Poipole could come back but would require deus ex intervention to justify them appearing right when Ash needs them.
There's still the ride pokémon option. Everyone keeps dismissing me for suggesting Ash use the ride garchomp, but they have been shown bonding (the spa resort episode). Plus Garchomp got a little moment with most of Ash's team while he was in the past with Torracat. Garchomp is, in my opinion, actually the easiest option. Guzzlord battling for Ash would seem extremely contrived.

nuzamaki90

You say that but is Ash using a reserve any better?
Yes?

Poipole coming back, evolving makes sense for multiple reasons
It does not. First off, out of universe, neither the summary nor merchandise hint at Poipole returning at all. Second, in universe, Poipole has never had a single battle in its life, it knows one attack, and it’s in a completely different world than Guzzlord. And let’s just say Guzzlord was roughing around in Poipole’s world, what the hell were Naganadel and Necrozma doing? The entire plot of Guzzlord randomly popping out of an Ultra Wormhole that just so happens to be on the off coast island of Alola where the League is taking place already in itself sounds beyond convoluted.

But I don't know what makes Ash calling up Tracey (if Oak is still at the tournament) and asking him to send one of his other Pokemon any better from a purely storywise perspective.

Because he’s short one Pokémon and has 50+ waiting for him to be used with a click of a few buttons. Kukui has only been seen, even in flashbacks, with his Incineroar and Braviary but apparently is bringing out four more to make a full team. Ash can do the exact same thing, especially since all of his Alolan Pokémon have starred in each of their League matches. Hell honestly I would be hype to the absolute limit if Ash used Pikachu and Torracat, as well as his other four mains, being Sceptile, Charizard, Infernape, and Krookodile. Or keep it simple and use Pikachu, Torracat, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, and Muk/Tauros/Kingler for a complete Kanto team.

At the end of the day, I wouldn’t be too mad if Ash used his Alolan team + Poipole in this battle, but just like with Goodra’s return which I also had a problem with, bringing a Pokémon who lacks significant experience just to fill some dumb team quota is dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.