• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
So crazy thought Bewear is running acrt water to the league.... With Stufful on it's head while the normal color Guzzlord emerges from the ultra wormwhole.
And then you see the shiny guzzlord coming from across the water? And it kinda has two heads.

What if Bewear and Stufful are actually the shiny Guzzlord!!

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It would be a good choice if it wasn't so overused. There are plenty of other steel or fighting types that would of been better. Magnezone is part of his game team or machamp/lucario would of fit the wrestling theme

I always kind of thought he might have had a Kommo-o (to showcase it's specialty Z-move, and I know it doesn't seem like he has a power ring, but I feel like the writers could give him one if they wanted, there's no rule saying you can't have more than one) he still might if the writers don't care about balance though.

Revolver Furious Dragon

So crazy thought Bewear is running acrt water to the league.... With Stufful on it's head while the normal color Guzzlord emerges from the ultra wormwhole.
And then you see the shiny guzzlord coming from across the water? And it kinda has two heads.

What if Bewear and Stufful are actually the shiny Guzzlord!!

Shiny guzzlord is the team rocket mecha. Calling it now

I always kind of thought he might have had a Kommo-o (to showcase it's specialty Z-move, and I know it doesn't seem like he has a power ring, but I feel like the writers could give him one if they wanted, there's no rule saying you can't have more than one) he still might if the writers don't care about balance though.

I was kinda expecting a few fighting types so kommo-o is still a possibility

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Should I feel guilty about being more excited for this episode than the league final?

Guzzlord was legitimately scary during the Ultra Ruin two-parter, and in the preview it's no less threatening. It tanks Bewear's punches and doesn't look phased by the Z-Moves.

Shiny guzzlord is the team rocket mecha. Calling it now

Actually, their new mecha is a Robo-Bewear.

F7EEpMG.jpg

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I was kinda expecting a few fighting types so kommo-o is still a possibility

That would've been nice, but for some reason the SuMo saga seems to have zero desire to do anything major with that line.

DatsRight

So as predicted, everyone is getting to take part as a vindication of sorts for losing the league.

I'm really hoping TR gets some involvement in this, I'd love for one of their mechs to be used in an enemy mine, like in that Chronicles special. Since Bewear's seemingly staying to fight it would make sense.

Lucario also gets its token bit of limelight per series.

IkeBayern

It's notable that Ash's victory here parallels the player character in Sun/Ultra Sun & Moon/Ultra Moon, where a Kantonian child comes to Alola and becomes the region’s first ever Champion.

At least we get to see Dia again, I liked him when he was with Ash for those 2 episodes.. I personally would’ve preferred the Guzzlord attack to happen after the exhibition battle but this ain’t too bad

Still no sign of Poipole, unless SM141 says anything about it returning I think that its arc is over and won’t be coming back to help Ash against Kukui

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Ash with this party has slim chances to beat Kukui, but if Lucario can ME, it's literally over. If Ash wants to beat Kukui, he needs to use PCISSM.
Also, I feel Melmetal will get a win against 1 Pokemon, but lose to another one.
Pikachu's beaten a Mega Evolved Lucario before, and he's clearly still as strong as hes always been.

EDIT: Also, based on the preview, this is "Z-moves: The Episode"

Last edited:

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Pikachu's beaten a Mega Evolved Lucario before, and he's clearly still as strong as hes always been.
Yeah, but we're talking about 5 strong Pokemon + 1 Mega Strong vs like 3-4 meh Pokemon and 2-3 strong( Pikachu is Mega strong though). Kukui with Mega would destroy SM Ash team.Without he'd beat him but it wouldn't be curbstomp as with Mega.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Pikachu beat a softened up Mega Lucario who, while strong, was probably the weakest Mega in the entire XY anime.

I'm almost certain that Lucario is going to be a Mega though. We can't go back to regular Lucario anymore unless it's owned by a regular person.

This preview looks intense. I can’t believe there’s two Guzzlord and Bewear is getting part of that action!:eek:

The most gripping part for me is it looks like Bewear's punch doesn't phase Guzzlord. Bewear is equal to Buzzwole and stronger than Pheromosa; she hits like a truck. If Guzzlord isn't hurt and just shoved, its power is going to be off the charts.

nuzamaki90

Did Lusamine really take all the trainers and leave the venue where helpless people are being attacked, just to have a team meeting at the Foundation?

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Pikachu beat a softened up Mega Lucario who, while strong, was probably the weakest Mega in the entire XY anime.

I'm almost certain that Lucario is going to be a Mega though. We can't go back to regular Lucario anymore unless it's owned by a regular person.

The most gripping part for me is it looks like Bewear's punch doesn't phase Guzzlord. Bewear is equal to Buzzwole and stronger than Pheromosa; she hits like a truck. If Guzzlord isn't hurt and just shoved, its power is going to be off the charts.
Well, Guzzlord does have a gigantic HP stat. It's not that it's doing nothing, rather that Guzzlord can remain standing after Bewear attacks it due to simply having more HP. And looking at the in-game stats, Buzzwole and Pheromosa are about equal in physical attack power, it's defensive strength that they differ in.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Am I the only one who is more hyped for Ash vs Kukui battle( 6 on 6) than Ash vs Gladion one?
That just proves that I like 6 on 6 battles( semi quality) more than 3 on 3( with high quality) ones. Especially high quality 6 on 6 battles.

Status
Not open for further replies.