• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 22nd: SM140 - Akuziking Attacks! The Decisive Z-Move Battle!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Its not really that contrived. For all we know it could have went through numerous worlds in addition to Poipole's. And maybe Necrozma didnt come in time to stop Guzzlord from wrecking havoc and Nagandel and the other Poipole were on their own.

Let me outline all the problems here so you realize the magnitude of this massive coincidence.

Problems

-Ash has 5 Pokemon and needs another ahead of a 6v6 battle
-Guzzlord and Naganadel have not been recorded as UBs by Aether Foundation
-Naganadel is also not identified as an evolution of Poipole
-Mohn has not been found and Magearna not activated
-Shaymin has yet to encounter Gracidea and attain the Sky Forme

Poipole is not a good fit for Ash's team because

-he's unevolved
-he has no battle experience
-he lives in Ultra Space, and an Ultra Wormhole is needed for him to be reached
-he voluntarily left Ash's team to return to his family

Poipole is weak, untrained and no motivation. To bring him back, you need to somehow make him strong and give him motivation to leave. Let's assume he evolves and Necrozma kicks him out like the Littleleo did back in XY. That gives him motivation to find Ash, since he has nowhere else to go now.

This can't connect with Guzzlord because

-Guzzlord exists in an alternate reality from the main timeline
-He required a special dimensional rift to access, it wasn't simply an issue of traveling through Ultra Wormholes

I can accept a coincidence of Naganadel returning to Alola at the same time as Guzzlord attacking. But then you further complicate things by making it the same Guzzlord from the alternate reality, and both Guzzlord and Naganadel come out of the same Ultra Wormhole.

All of this is happening in one episode, at the climax of the story.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Let me outline all the problems here so you realize the magnitude of this massive coincidence.

Problems

-Ash has 5 Pokemon and needs another ahead of a 6v6 battle
-Guzzlord and Naganadel have not been recorded as UBs by Aether Foundation
-Naganadel is also not identified as an evolution of Poipole
-Mohn has not been found and Magearna not activated

Poipole is not a good fit for Ash's team because

-he's unevolved
-he has no battle experience
-he lives in Ultra Space, and an Ultra Wormhole is needed for him to be reached
-he voluntarily left Ash's team to return to his family

Poipole is weak, untrained and no motivation. To bring him back, you need to somehow make him strong and give him motivation to leave. Let's assume he evolves and Necrozma kicks him out like the Littleleo did back in XY. That gives him motivation to find Ash, since he has nowhere else to go now.

This can't connect with Guzzlord because

-Guzzlord exists in an alternate reality from the main timeline
-He required a special dimensional rift to access, it wasn't simply an issue of traveling through Ultra Wormholes

I can accept a coincidence of Naganadel returning to Alola at the same time as Guzzlord attacking. But then you further complicate things by making it the same Guzzlord from the alternate reality, and both Guzzlord and Naganadel come out of the same Ultra Wormhole.

All of this is happening in one episode, at the climax of the story.
Like I said, it's NOT the same wormhole, 2 or 3 different wormholes opened (the first guzzlord one opened on top of the stadium, while the naganadel and shiny guzzlord ones appeared outside, though I'm not sure if those were different wormholes or not)

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Is...everyone just assuming that the black Guzzlord is the same one from Episode 100-101? Because tbh, that's probably not the case.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I love that while Naganadel is still wearing the Ultra Guardians necklace, but it's around its waist now.
That's a nice visual reference to how Naganadel is literally Poipole turned upside down.
Can someone please tell me why people keep assuming Shaymin turning into its Sky Forme is supposed to be this massive plot-related thing when literally nothing in its debut episode or the episodes following even implied such a thing?
It's probably just going to change as part of Ash's farewell, to show his gratitude towards Alola. It'll spread flowers around or something. I don't know.
Is...everyone just assuming that the black Guzzlord is the same one from Episode 100-101? Because tbh, that's probably not the case.
It has the exact same voice as the one we saw before. Also, SM loves its continuity.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
The voice actor is Shinichiro Miki, so it's the same one. Voices are tied to individual characters.

Like I said, it's NOT the same wormhole, 2 or 3 different wormholes opened (the first guzzlord one opened on top of the stadium, while the naganadel and shiny guzzlord ones appeared outside, though I'm not sure if those were different wormholes or not)

If it's three unique wormholes, I can see a possible solution: Ultra Wormholes always connected to different realities, and the dimensional rift was needed so that Ash would specifically go to alternate Alola.

D

Deleted member 384931

Who says Poipole will stay to fight in the league? And Kukui's mask falls off? Hmm why hiding SM141 if there is nothing to hide?

So Ash his Alola team is weak to ground expect Rowlet?

Last edited by a moderator:

ShadowForce720

Who says Poipole will stay to fight in the league? And Kukui's mask falls off? Hmm why hiding SM141 if there is nothing to hide?

Considering that the full battle between Ash vs Masked Royal is either starting in episode 141 or episode 142, the writers wouldn't have had Poipole come back as a Naganadel if it wasn't going to be participating in the Exhibition Match, so there really isn't any much of a point trying to argue otherwise. On to your second question, yes the Oha Suta preview confirmed that Masked Royal's masked is going to fall off in this episode. As for the last question there probably just going to wait to release the episode title with the VA list.

D

Deleted member 384931

So they did this Guzzlord thing only to let Poipole return?

OniCornwalis

This is just like Ash’s Goodra, where he barely battles but still evolves twice and becomes extremely strong without much work by Ash. The only issue here is that Poipole MIGHT evolve offscreen, while Goodra didn’t. We’ll all just have to watch the episode to see how it plays out.

Doppelgänger

Superancient Member
Goodra wasn't strong. His biggest win was against a Pokemon he walled, and he was plot armoured against Florges. This would be like saying Muk was strong because his body and typing countered Bellsprout.

All the UBs who have appeared in the anime were treated as highly dangerous threats. Naganadel's lack of experience sort-of balances what is otherwise the most powerful species of Ultra Beast.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
All the UBs who have appeared in the anime were treated as highly dangerous threats.
Very subjective. A lot of the UBs were just quirky. It's just that their quirkiness had the indirect consequence of being dangerous. None of them - except Guzzlord (probably because it's a Dark-type) - were actively trying to cause destruction. Sometimes I thought it was fine leaving them as is.

Hell, they let Celesteela fly away... Great job, Ultra Guardians. That thing will just land somewhere and spew gas all over, waiting for a little match to light up th- BOOM

D

Deleted member 384931

Ah typical SM: how more events in a 20 minute episode how better

As I said, since Oha Suta's Pokemon anime segment involves a comedian duo doing a silly gag dub of a couple scenes from the upcoming episode, I'm fairly sure they're given the full episode and told to look through it to find some suitable material for that week's gag dub. When they spoiled the league winner it was literally just by them including a short cut where Satoshi was seen holding the trophy, which it probably never even occurred to them was a spoiler in the first place.
It didn't occur to them? So, you're saying they're not very intelligent?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
They can't keep anything secret, can they?

Wait though. Wouldn't this be for 140? What the heck is so secret about 141 then?

Well if they can reveal the secret of ash winning the league then poipole coming back as naganadel is minor reveal in comparison to that.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I dont see any major problem with offscreen evolution, remember brock's onix evolved offscreen, i wouldn't personally mind if ash went to pallet town and see some of his oaked pokemon like gible, totodile, corphish evolved. My only issue is poipole didn't do anything other than hugging pikachu and flipping downwards and its story is over so it should stay with ash going back would be so stupid.

We know Ash never trained that thing because it never battled so how do people feel about him essentially being handed a fully evolved legendary dragon? Loool

And we have also een many of ash's pokemon who have not evolved despite regularly training with ah.

AGAIN with the spoilers? What is with this show?

So Poipole is getting a return after all? Guess Ash is having his full team of six for at least a little while then. Not sure what to make of it being fully evolved though, Ash didn't remotely train Poipole, so feels a bit like an unearned boost. Say what you will about Melmetal, he did at least bother to battle with it. Also makes it annoying that they wasted so much time in Ultra Adventures when they could have at least bulked up Poipole and gave it more of a role.

Oh well, so long as Naganadel still has its old personality.

Lol you want naganadel to flip downwards and start spinning, would admit that would be a sight to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.