• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 27th: PM2019 039 - Satoshi VS Saito! Overcome Octolock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Satoshi wants a rematch with Gym Leader Saito from the Galar region, who utterly defeated him in their official Pokémon World Championships battle, so he has gone to the Tanba Gym in the Jouto region where she's currently training. Saito accepts his challenge and the battle starts, with Go and Tanba Gym's Gym Leader Shijima watching. Satoshi and Riolu are burning with a desire to win this rematch, and attempt a certain counterstrategy against Otosupus' "Octolock", which is what defeated them last time. How will this match go?!

Screenplay 冨岡淳広 (Atsuhiro Tomioka)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

POKEMON FAN:

https://i.imgur.com/uoR04Xn.jpg

SATOSHI & GO'S 2 BATTLE TRIALS!
There are battles that Trainers cannot avoid! Satoshi and Go each face a personal trial alongside their trusted partners!

CAN THEY WIN THIS REMATCH AGAINST THIS SUPER POWERFUL OPPONENT?!
In their previous battle, Riolu was rendered completely helpless and utterly defeated. And it's precisely because Satoshi understands how frustrating that was for it that he once again challenges Otosupus with Riolu. This is a wall they have no choice but to overcome, not just for its own sake, but also to eventually be able to challenge Dande, the Greatest of Them All!

SAITO & OTOSUPUS
In their first battle, they defeated Satoshi's Rolu with overwhelming power. They once again stand in Satoshi's way with their well-trained power and moves!
*Blurb: When Otosupus entangles its opponents with "Octolock", they become completely powerless!

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Only 2 scenarios can likely exist here: Either Ash just gets it over with and beats Bea here and now or it’ll be like Brandon or Paul and he either ties or loses here again and later on rematch for the third time. Would rather take the former than drag it out for an unnecessary amount of time. Going to guess this is where Riolu evolves.

PsychoLogical

i wanted bea and ash rivalary to last a little bit more until ash defeates milo,nessa and kabu
Ash may likely be beating and facing the Galar gym leaders out of order. Kabu will or may likely be faced far later since in the game lore he’s actually Elite Four or even Champion level like Raihan since hes often the reason Galar gym challengers give up the challenge all together.

PsychoLogical

Seems kind of soon, but i am guessing they are having Ash fight her now so Korrina can rematch her later.
Nah. Likely to try getting it over with or make another Brandon scenario. I’d rather take the former.

D

Deleted member 384931

I rather want to get over it tbh. There are other challengers to battle

Xuxuba

Why do u think that Korrina wil rematch her? o.o
Well, they are both partaking in the Tournament so it's likely that they will see each other again. If they do end up seeing each other, i can't see Korrina passing on the opportunity after her loss against Bea.

It is not that uncommon for Ash's opponents to have a fight between themselves either, as seen by Paul x Bary, Tierno x Sawyer, Kiawe x Gladion and others aswell.

I also think they are setting up for a battle between Korrina's Lucario and Ash's Riolu (which will eventually evolve), but i can't see that happening before Korrina reaches Bea's level, as it would feel redundant otherwise.

But it is just a guess. There is also the possibility we won't see either of them fight again after this episode and that would be wasted potential in my opinion, which the writers are very familiar with lol

Last edited:

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I hope Ash doesn’t win here. People may see it as being dragged out but I’d rather have him face her later on, for the reason that it’d be more satisfying to have Riolu/Lucario defeat her if the win doesn’t take place literally 5 episodes after their initial defeat. It’s been a little while since Ash has consistently lost to someone; I like when they use that angle as it makes his victory seem more deserved.

I’d prefer if this was actually fought in Galar.

blizzardblaze

Comp. Battler Who loves The Anime
wow it's pretty weird that they're having the rematch THIS soon
I expected the rematch to happen at the end of the season or something

Red and Blue

Unless this is set in Galar I don't think Ash will win here. At best he may take down one or two of Bea's Pokemon as an improvement

Status
Not open for further replies.