• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 27th: PM2019 039 - Satoshi VS Saito! Overcome Octolock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
If this is a 1 vs 1, it seems like it'll be a long one.

.... sure......yep....that's how these forums work........
if I find a character annoying, I'll generally want them to lose. I was fine with Riolu, but I'm more on the side of finding him annoying now with each new episode and I'm excited for it to evolve. Not being salty, just saying it'd be more enjoyable, personally, if Riolu lost again unless he evolves, imo. Petty? Definitely lmao but I'm still loving the whole series and would rather watch Riolu every week than have no pokemon series at all. Must I say that every time I find one negative?
Do you have a framework of how these forums work? Maybe I need it because apparently you know exactly how forums work and I don't lol.
I don’t mind Bea or Grapploct but at the same I wouldn’t mind watching Poliwrath take them both down due to Riolu lol
I am hoping we just get to see his poliwrath in action, however it is. This series has been great at bringing pokemon personalities to life imo, and so seeing older pokemon with more and bigger personalities is always a plus.
He just adds to the poor reception to "Fighting-type Gym Leaders Extravaganza" lately with his blandness, so...

(Honestly, I wished Maylene returned. Now there's a good developed Fighting-type Gym Leader.)
It'd be cool if we saw some of these fighting gym leaders actually spar each other along with their pokemon sparring each other. Now that would be a great fighting type battle! Defeats the purpose of "pokemon" battles somewhat, but could be neat. In that sense, I do think Chuck would be the strongest fighting type gym leader in the pokemon series, so I'm pumped for his appearance.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Rant snip~

I think they picked Gordie because they thought GMax Coalossal would be better than Cooperajah?

Interesting that the one who did end up with steel types was... Rose.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think they picked Gordie because they thought GMax Coalossal would be better than Cooperajah?

Interesting that the one who did end up with steel types was... Rose.
When you're a businessman working for the region's prosperity, you deal with a lot of building projects that involve a lot of steel.

Henry's Journey

I guess they will use the game design for Chuck like they did with Lt. Surge. This episode is looking more interesting, I'd like for Ash to beat Bea already tho I was expecting a gigantamax/dynamax rematch but I think this will be good because of nostalgia factor.

Last edited:

Pteranodonte

I'll be interested in this episode only if Farferch'd is getting his revenge too. Otherwise I could not care less about more Riolu overexposure.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You guys think Riolu is being overexposure?

Or some people are exaggerating?
Tyke has been appearing too many times in plot-important episodes and some filler episodes, usually battling.

Gengar and Dragonite have had far less importance for now.

I get that he wishes to be big and reliable, but that's no excuse to sideline the big boys THIS much.

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
You guys think Riolu is being overexposure?
100%

An embarrassingly clear example is the fact that Ash's fight vs Bea was 2 v 2, Riolu and Farfetch'd both fought and lost. Ash promised to both Pokemon that they would get revenge. And guess which of the two Pokemon got all the spotlight since that episode? I can tell you it was not Farfetch'd.

It's just very irritating, especially since even in the next fight vs Bea, it will be all about Riolu. Again.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Definitely. And its only going to get more exposure one it evolves. Even more so if it gets a GMAX form
Rather impossible for Lucario to get a G-Max form after the Isle of Armor only had two G-Max variants for Urshifu. Things have been too quiet between then, before, and now in regards to new G-Max forms; and the only other G-Max form we know exists is Melmetal's.

I thought Galarian Slowbro got one, but...nope.

I can't expect the Crown Tundra to suddenly drop new G-Max form after G-Max form.

ShadowForce720

Rather impossible for Lucario to get a G-Max form after the Isle of Armor only had two G-Max variants for Urshifu. Things have been too quiet between then, before, and now in regards to new G-Max forms; and the only other G-Max form we know exists is Melmetal's.

I thought Galarian Slowbro got one, but...nope.

I can't expect the Crown Tundra to suddenly drop new G-Max form after G-Max form.

Actually the Isle of Armor introduce Ge-Max forms for not just both forms of Urshifu, but also for the final evolutions of the Galar starters, Venusaur, and Blastoise.

I mean in all honesty I think when it comes to Ash’s Lucario there just going to have it go the Mega Evolution route rather then it just getting a Gigantamax form.

Is it impossible for a Gigantamax Lucario to be introduce in gen 8? No, of course not but I do feel like it’s getting to the point where some people will take Ash catching a specific Pokémon as a sign that the Pokémon is getting a Gigantamax form no matter what it is if it doesn’t already have one.

Although I will say it felt weird how Klara and Avery didn’t have a signature Gigantamax Pokémon when every important character besides them and Piers had one.

Getting back on topic here I’m glad to see Chuck returning as he isn’t a character you would normally think of as coming back. I think at this point it’s safe to say that for the most pretty much any Gym Leader could wind up returning.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
EhgWB99U8AAyNfr

It's been proven.

...Bea found a Dynamax Spot in Chuck's Gym and will destroy it with Dynamax Octolock to beat Ash's Riolu.

Actually the Isle of Armor introduce Ge-Max forms for not just both forms of Urshifu, but also for the final evolutions of the Galar starters, Venusaur, and Blastoise.
Oh, right. Forgot about those five.

But that was to merely fill in the trios, just like they did with Sceptile and Swampert.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I mean in all honesty I think when it comes to Ash’s Lucario there just going to have it go the Mega Evolution route rather then it just getting a Gigantamax form.

Is it impossible for a Gigantamax Lucario to be introduce in gen 8? No, of course not but I do feel like it’s getting to the point where some people will take Ash catching a specific Pokémon as a sign that the Pokémon is getting a Gigantamax form no matter what it is if it doesn’t already have one.

Although I will say it felt weird how Klara and Avery didn’t have a signature Gigantamax Pokémon when every important character besides them and Piers had one.

Getting back on topic here I’m glad to see Chuck returning as he isn’t a character you would normally think of as coming back. I think at this point it’s safe to say that for the most pretty much any Gym Leader could wind up returning.
Those G max forms were introduced in the trailer that we first learned about the isle of armor, so when the game released there wasn’t anything new that we didn’t already see in the trailer in regards to Pokémon and their forms. You would think that with Max soup in IOA that they would introduce more G max forms. Could CT introduce new G max forms, yes and do I think Lucario should have one, no. If any Pokémon deserves a G max form it is Dragonite since it never received a mega. But also Tyranitar due to its rivalry with Duraludon. In the end, I don’t believe that we will get any new G Max forms and that the only thing that is being hidden at the moment is Galarian Slowking.

Status
Not open for further replies.