• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 27th: PM2019 039 - Satoshi VS Saito! Overcome Octolock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Those G max forms were introduced in the trailer that we first learned about the isle of armor, so when the game released there wasn’t anything new that we didn’t already see in the trailer in regards to Pokémon and their forms. You would think that with Max soup in IOA that they would introduce more G max forms. Could CT introduce new G max forms, yes and do I think Lucario should have one, no. If any Pokémon deserves a G max form it is Dragonite since it never received a mega. But also Tyranitar due to its rivalry with Duraludon. In the end, I don’t believe that we will get any new G Max forms and that the only thing that is being hidden at the moment is Galarian Slowking.

Actually if you have seen the datamines for the Crown Tundra without going into specifics you would know that Galarian Slowking is not the only thing being hidden.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I'll be interested in this episode only if Farferch'd is getting his revenge too. Otherwise I could not care less about more Riolu overexposure.

It probably will get a chance of revenge, but as for when is the question.

I have no problem with Riolu taking this battle, but hopefully this is it for it and Grapploct in the Ash vs Bea saga.

I mean in all honesty I think when it comes to Ash’s Lucario there just going to have it go the Mega Evolution route rather then it just getting a Gigantamax form.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Ash finally get the one gimmick he was denied, and instead take what should've been the first great moment of a water starter evolving in full under his care get overshadowed by a crutch based borderline fanfic transformation that in the end gained Ash nothing, and made said water starter's evolution underwhelming.

But also Tyranitar due to its rivalry with Duraludon.

Isn't that just a fan thing since it's "Godzilla" vs "mech Godzilla?" I mean it'd be neat to see them fight but I haven't heard this being an established thing in full.

Bearys

Doesn’t anyone else hope that lucario doesn’t get a gigantimax form? I hate it i hope he gets mega or new move. It would also help lucario be a more solid pick in sword and shield as well if it gets a strong move.

ShadowForce720

It probably will get a chance of revenge, but as for when is the question.

I have no problem with Riolu taking this battle, but hopefully this is it for it and Grapploct in the Ash vs Bea saga.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Ash finally get the one gimmick he was denied, and instead take what should've been the first great moment of a water starter evolving in full under his care get overshadowed by a crutch based borderline fanfic transformation that in the end gained Ash nothing, and made said water starter's evolution underwhelming.

Isn't that just a fan thing since it's "Godzilla" vs "mech Godzilla?" I mean it'd be neat to see them fight but I haven't heard this being an established thing in full.

Nope, it’s a official rivalry: https://swordshield.pokemon.com/en-us/pokemon-galar-region/duraludon/

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

never saw that, interesting thanks dude.

Doesn’t anyone else hope that lucario doesn’t get a gigantimax form? I hate it i hope he gets mega or new move. It would also help lucario be a more solid pick in sword and shield as well if it gets a strong move.

does make me wonder if Gengar can G-max, and also makes me wonder out of Ash's other pokemon who can also G-max... I would assume Melmetal is a given but who else?

speaking of Gengar, no offense to Farfetch'd but i'd laugh if this was a two on two and Ash used Gengar as his second pokemon and it pummeled Bea's other choice in submission, then Ash flat out tells her Korrina was able to beat Gengar.

probably hoping to much but it'd be a nice way to get under her skin.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
and instead take what should've been the first great moment of a water starter evolving in full under his care get overshadowed by a crutch based borderline fanfic transformation that in the end gained Ash nothing, and made said water starter's evolution underwhelming.
Don't forget releasing it into the wild to deal with the weird *** roots ala Korra Book 2.

RLC

100%

An embarrassingly clear example is the fact that Ash's fight vs Bea was 2 v 2, Riolu and Farfetch'd both fought and lost. Ash promised to both Pokemon that they would get revenge. And guess which of the two Pokemon got all the spotlight since that episode? I can tell you it was not Farfetch'd.

It's just very irritating, especially since even in the next fight vs Bea, it will be all about Riolu. Again.
I don't mind the favoritism it's happened in every season anyway plus the pokemon to generally receive this treatment are the ones that a lot of fans like ( charizard, secptile, infernape etc) I think the only that has failed was pignite and honestly while I do like farfetech a lot I still highly prefer riolu. With that said though I just hope they don't do him too dirty (like with poor torterra)

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Ah ha! If Ash has not yet made it back to the Super Class, this would be the first time we get a match between two different class rankings. If Ash wins, he'll spike up considerably.

Master Pikachu 11

Actually if you have seen the datamines for the Crown Tundra without going into specifics you would know that Galarian Slowking is not the only thing being hidden.
Well it could be the secret Ultra Beast that they hid in the anime on the final episode of SM. Anyway where do you go to see the data mine? You can message me

Soniman

Break the Limit
No, Riolu is currently in the middle of an arc for them it makes sense that they would be receiving a lot of attention.
Guess people are sick of the animes fixation on the Lucario family and it getting metric tons of focus whenever it pops up in the show. Ash's first two Pokemon are window dressing in comparison this far so I hope they chill with the focus when it finally reaches the Lucario stage

Yuugis Black Magician

Namaikina Imouto
Guess people are sick of the animes fixation on the Lucario family and it getting metric tons of focus whenever it pops up in the show. Ash's first two Pokemon are window dressing in comparison this far so I hope they chill with the focus when it finally reaches the Lucario stage

The series is going to run for years, Kairyuu and Gengar will eventually get episodes so I really don't see an issue.

Also, Riolu is my child.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don't get the feeling much that it's an arc about Riolu when it looks to me that it's more about Ash somehow. If it was an arc about Riolu, I'd expect something like when Raboot was aloof towards Goh.

It feels like Ash is getting PTSD while Riolu just...doesn't mind as much. He's just wondering, "whew am I wonna weat Wea?" To me, Riolu looks more like a weapon Ash is stubbornly using rather than an actual living being who can speak his mind...which it doesn't much.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I don't get the feeling much that it's an arc about Riolu when it looks to me that it's more about Ash somehow. If it was an arc about Riolu, I'd expect something like when Raboot was aloof towards Goh.

It feels like Ash is getting PTSD while Riolu just...doesn't mind as much. He's just wondering, "whew am I wonna weat Wea?" To me, Riolu looks more like a weapon Ash is stubbornly using rather than an actual living being who can speak his mind...which it doesn't much.
Yeah, the arc is much more about Satoshi but Riolu is a figure within his arc and it will be their revenge match that brings closure to that arc.
Yes you are both right that this arc is about Ash, but it is also about Riolu as it started with Riolu being born from the egg and how Ash felt its Aura and how it was calling to him and being the trainer that Ash is, he understood why Riolu ran away and how it was picking fights because it wants to be stronger as it was determine to win each battle no matter how many times it lost. Ash took on Riolu to help it achieve its goal to be stronger while also helping Ash win in the PWC matches. I think we see Ash using it a lot because he doesn’t want to let it down and wants to help fulfill its dream of gaining that strength. Riolu evolving to Lucario helps fulfill Riolu’s goal of being stronger thus ends that arc.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Is Aura/ Ash instinct something that is usually brought up in other seasons?

Ash hears Lugia, Riolu, and Lucario, and he senses Eternatus before it appears. This is something that several characters including Goh have commented on on multiple occasions.

I wonder if the show intends to expand on it?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

The only time Ash and aura were brought clearly was on movie 8. From then on, sometimes they imply like the Ranger 2-parter during DP and more recently Riolu's pandering fanfic fest capture episode. And most of the time, it's us who may interpret scenes that way even if they can be seen as "they just forgot/didn't care".

Bearys

Yes you are both right that this arc is about Ash, but it is also about Riolu as it started with Riolu being born from the egg and how Ash felt its Aura and how it was calling to him and being the trainer that Ash is, he understood why Riolu ran away and how it was picking fights because it wants to be stronger as it was determine to win each battle no matter how many times it lost. Ash took on Riolu to help it achieve its goal to be stronger while also helping Ash win in the PWC matches. I think we see Ash using it a lot because he doesn’t want to let it down and wants to help fulfill its dream of gaining that strength. Riolu evolving to Lucario helps fulfill Riolu’s goal of being stronger thus ends that arc.
Y’all really think it’s that deep? Riolu attention is not gonna end most likely whether you like it or not. When aces evolve they get even more attention. Prepare to see lucario cling onto pikachu place.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
The series is going to run for years, Kairyuu and Gengar will eventually get episodes so I really don't see an issue.

Also, Riolu is my child.
Personally, it really doesn’t help dragonite and gengar being fully evolved already. Gengar can have a pass, because be in the final stage avoids a trade/trade back episode. They could have waited a little more to evolve dragonair, so it could stay less time in the greenhouse and more on field.

As someone that actually don’t mind that much with riolu (I actually like the line), I’m cool with the fact it’s Ash’s “starter” this time and believing they’ll tone down its focus after it evolves. That and I’m eager for some g-farfetch’d focus, because I believe it’ll get its development soon after this thing with Bea is done.

Or even in this match, if they want to give it some payback time over hawlucha or whatever will be Bea’s other mon, if this isn’t only 1 vs 1.

Icy-Snowflake

Ash hears Lugia, Riolu, and Lucario, and he senses Eternatus before it appears. This is something that several characters including Goh have commented on on multiple occasions.

I wonder if the show intends to expand on it?
Wasn't it Pikachu who sensed Eternatus first?

Status
Not open for further replies.