• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 27th: PM2019 039 - Satoshi VS Saito! Overcome Octolock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

i'd rather he just take the win and move on to other characters.
It's not like a loss or tie against Bea would prevent him from challenging other Galarian Gym leaders. Even if he beats her here she and Ash can still have a third battle in the future

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's not like a loss or tie against Bea would prevent him from challenging other Galarian Gym leaders. Even if he beats her here she and Ash can still have a third battle in the future

i'd still prefer he just win though since he needs to continue progressing himself, and yes a win would probably give Bea more incentive to challenge Ash again at a later time regardless (if i'm wrong i'll be surprised and happy) but my point still stands here.

I want him to win because he needs to start progressing through the super tier.

LucasMV

Pikachu's probably losing to Octolock so I doubt Pikachu helped Riolu enough. So I think a tie would help both of them. Bea for seeing Ash's strength and Ash seeing progress has been made and he needs to keep it up.

Pikachu losing to Grapploct is what I don't want to happen.
I'm ok with Ash losing, as long as he uses his newly caught pokemon or he faces a super strong (E4 and above) trainer. That's how it's been so far, the battles he didn't win were against Leon and then while using Riolu and Farfetch'd.

But if he uses his ace, Pikachu, and loses to a Super Class Gym leader, then sorry but how am I supposed to buy Pikachu defeating Leon's Charizard later on?

So far they've done a good job portraying Ash's and Pikachu's strenght, I hope this episode doesn't ruin that.
Have Pikachu defeat Hitmontop and be recalled after fighting Grapploct for a while, then Riolu can defeat Grapploct and that's it.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
But if he uses his ace, Pikachu, and loses to a Super Class Gym leader, then sorry but how am I supposed to buy Pikachu defeating Leon's Charizard later on?

your assuming Ash vs Leon's eventual rematch would be contested under 1 v 1 rules.

Surely they would make that battle a full six on six, meaning Ash's other pokemon involved could help Pikachu take his Charizard down.

no matter how strong Pikachu gets over the course of the series i can't see it taking Leon's Charizard down in 1 on 1 combat anyway, it's gonna need help to get the job done.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm ok with Ash losing, as long as he uses his newly caught pokemon or he faces a super strong (E4 and above) trainer. That's how it's been so far, the battles he didn't win were against Leon and then while using Riolu and Farfetch'd.

So far they've done a good job portraying Ash's and Pikachu's strenght, I hope this episode doesn't ruin that.
Have Pikachu defeat Hitmontop and be recalled after fighting Grapploct for a while, then Riolu can defeat Grapploct and that's it.

Pikachu has a history of not being super consistent, besides if Leon was the only one to make Pikachu get the swirly eyes then the series would get quite boring as Pikachu would essentially be an insta-win card like he is with the randoms that Ash fights against

I don't really care, I'm actually looking forward to seeing Pikachu knocked out lol I'm still mad about Farfetch'd though, he better be getting the next big PWC battle since Gengar had Surge's assistant to shine, Dragonite had Korrina, Riolu has Bea, Farfetch'd...

dman_dustin

Pikachu defeated by Grapploct after defeating Hitmontop makes sense especially since Octock is super powerful given it effect. Since Pikachu only resists steel, flying, electric types, Pikachu will get hit full force with any of Grapploct's attacks.

Plus we need to realize rank doesn't mean anything, Leon being ranked 400 or 1 means nothing, what matters is his strengh. Bea could easily be hyper rank skill level but just hasn't battled and won enough trainers.

And who knows what Machamp will be like if we ever get to see it. Machamp could be elite four level and Bea's just training her weaker Pokemon.

As an aside I firmly believe Pikachu at full power could maybe defeat Grapploct, but its doubtful after beating Hitmontop.

ShadowForce720

Was Pikachu ever beaten by anyone else other than Tapu Koko in Alola.

Pikachu was beaten by Hapu’s Golurk but that was more because the only attack Pikachu could really hit Golurk with was Iron Tail.

It’s only other lost in SM besides that was to Dia’s Zeraora. It did wind up drawing against Gladion’s Zoroark(which belong to Mohn).

Last edited:

LucasMV

Pikachu has a history of not being super consistent, besides if Leon was the only one to make Pikachu get the swirly eyes then the series would get quite boring as Pikachu would essentially be an insta-win card like he is with the randoms that Ash fights against

I don't mean that Pikachu should only be beaten by Leon. I said E4 and above level trainers in general.

Pikachu defeated by Grapploct after defeating Hitmontop makes sense especially since Octock is super powerful given it effect. Since Pikachu only resists steel, flying, electric types, Pikachu will get hit full force with any of Grapploct's attacks.

Plus we need to realize rank doesn't mean anything, Leon being ranked 400 or 1 means nothing, what matters is his strengh. Bea could easily be hyper rank skill level but just hasn't battled and won enough trainers.

That's a good point. Bea being in the Super Class doesn't necessarily mean she couldn't easily be in the Hyper Class, like we know Ash could. It just means she hasn't battled enough to get there yet.

So I guess if Bea could be close to E4 level, since Galar gym leaders are stronger than most of the other region's leaders, then Pikachu losing here wouldn't be that bad.

I just haven't seen enough of Bea to think she is that strong of a trainer. But she might very well be.

I still want Ash to win this one, regardless of what happens with Pikachu, cause I want Ash to move on to different trainers. It doesn't mean they can't have a 3rd rematch in Galar with G-Max involved later on, but for now I'd like something different or it'd get stale imo.

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!

And who knows what Machamp will be like if we ever get to see it. Machamp could be elite four level and Bea's just training her weaker Pokemon.

As an aside I firmly believe Pikachu at full power could maybe defeat Grapploct, but its doubtful after beating Hitmontop.
Not to mention Grapploct probably has Limber, so Pikachu wouldn't be able to do much in terms of paralyzing him...

MartínK

Not to mention Grapploct probably has Limber, so Pikachu wouldn't be able to do much in terms of paralyzing him...

Probably Ash doesn't know that (I don't remember if that was discuted the last episode) and think that he can paralyze Grapploct with Pikachu ability during the Octolock

Status
Not open for further replies.