• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

September 27th: PM2019 039 - Satoshi VS Saito! Overcome Octolock!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Honestly not sure if I care who wins this battle... I found Bea annoying and the octopus is uuuugly, so I don't really want them to win again, but Riolu is getting annoying and unless he evolves, id rather him just get pummeled again, and then evolve in a third battle. Is there a third option of Chuck deciding to send out Poliwrath and taking them both down? That'd be fun

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Honestly not sure if I care who wins this battle... I found Bea annoying and the octopus is uuuugly, so I don't really want them to win again, but Riolu is getting annoying and unless he evolves, id rather him just get pummeled again, and then evolve in a third battle. Is there a third option of Chuck deciding to send out Poliwrath and taking them both down? That'd be fun
I don’t mind Bea or Grapploct but at the same I wouldn’t mind watching Poliwrath take them both down due to Riolu lol

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
What if they tied? I'm curious how the PWC system would handle a tie.

Maybe it'll turn the battle into a 2vs2? Overtime? It'll get problematic once it's a full battle, but what are the odds of a full battle ending in a tie. :p

In the anime, sure, Pyrce was more interesting than all of the other Johto Gym Leaders but in the games he's just as bland as everyone else. I only like Chuck for a meme lol

I see that you didn't get the joke then.

...I don't think there's a whole lot of white men named Shijima over in Osaka.

This is probably true, but in risk of being called a racist, might I say that Shijima might just be perceived by the general western audience as being 'white', especially combined with the name Chuck (with which the western audience would be more familiar) suggesting a link to perceived perennial white bad-ass Chuck Norris. I should've written 'Chuck's perceived as' in my original post. My bad..

Decidueye23

Both will probably just keep their current ranking
Nah i dont think so. Like if ash ties with someone who is above him , ranking should indicate that he is atleast as strong as the other, or the other has become weaker. So if they tie techincally bea's rank should fall a little and ash's should rise up.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Can someone from normal class fight against a super class without rank up? If not, Ash sure went back to super class really fast.

What if they tied? I'm curious how the PWC system would handle a tie.
I think that could be something like shared points? You don't actually lose the fight, but whatever is your rank take a beat or get better from that. Since that breaks Bea's poker face, it's fine to me.

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Both will probably just keep their current ranking

Though a tie with a higher ranked trainer means lower ranked trainer should gain some ranks since its much bigger feat for him not losing to a trainer who is ranked much higher to him, though i dont know how will this work in anime.

LucasMV

Lets hope that Ash and Chuck remember that they have met and battled each other before.

Considering they made flashbacks and heavily referenced Ash's fight with Lt Surge when he was only fighting the substitute Gym leader, now that he's actually meeting Chuck again in person, there's no way they'll avoid mentioning it at all.
I don't know if we'll get a flashback like with Surge, but I'm at least expecting Chuck and Ash to recognize each other and for Chuck to tell Bea that Ash has defeated him in the past.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Considering they made flashbacks and heavily referenced Ash's fight with Lt Surge when he was only fighting the substitute Gym leader, now that he's actually meeting Chuck again in person, there's no way they'll avoid mentioning it at all.
I don't know if we'll get a flashback like with Surge, but I'm at least expecting Chuck and Ash to recognize each other and for Chuck to tell Bea that Ash has defeated him in the past.
Considering Korrina who has a way more significant bond with Ash, with a way more memorable battle that was way more recent, didn't get any flashbacks, don't expect to see any of Ash and Chuck's mediocre little kerffufle from nearly 20 years ago. I expect verbal acknowledgement and nothing more

LucasMV

Considering Korrina who has a way more significant bond with Ash, with a way more memorable battle that was way more recent, didn't get any flashbacks, don't expect to see any of Ash and Chuck's mediocre little kerffufle from nearly 20 years ago. I expect verbal acknowledgement and nothing more

Yeah, good point. I also only expect the mention that they fought before and Ash won and that's it. Which is totally fine. I'm all for any kind of continuity really.

Rohanator

Damn I didn't know Nobuaki Kakuda is an actual (retired) karateka and kickboxer, man looks stronger than his character lmao. Assuming he'll be reprising the role maybe that's at least partly why they wanted to bring Chuck back, has that celeb cameo appeal (might also explain why he only had one episode in the original series, though of course there were other one off gym leaders back then, like most of Kanto's).

dman_dustin

Damn I didn't know Nobuaki Kakuda is an actual (retired) karateka and kickboxer, man looks stronger than his character lmao. Assuming he'll be reprising the role maybe that's at least partly why they wanted to bring Chuck back, has that celeb cameo appeal (might also explain why he only had one episode in the original series, though of course there were other one off gym leaders back then, like most of Kanto's).

Though I wonder if Dan Green will reprise the role in the dub. Probably not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.